View Single Post
Old 2004-05-19, 08:22 PM   #83
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
Damn, I thought my car was fast....O'well,how can I get more power. Do you think it might be the Tahoe gas, air filter? Do I need a bigger intercooler? What do you think?
Is that dyno tuned? If so, you can't write it off to altitude or gas (although Reno gas is the same as Bay Area gas anyway). And I never said it wasn't fast. It's quite possible that your car is just slightly knock prone at high RPMs. What spark plugs are you using, and how many miles did they have when you dyno'd? What was the gap?
I was joking. It is plenty fast for me. Yes that was dyno tuned by Shiv. I think you are correct though. I never even thought of the plugs (duh!). They were the stock plugs, I never checked the gap. The car had about 8,000 miles on it when it was dyno tuned. Shiv commented that some cars are just knock prone. He made no mention of changing plugs, but that is certainly worth a try and another dyno tune. My car has been acting a little odd at highway speeds, so I may be going back to Vishnu this summer anyways. At WOT the boost oscilates (sp?) between 12-14 psi. It is not noticeable in lower gears, but in 4th you can feel the power fluctuate. I'll post a new topic on that subject and see if anyone else has the similar issue.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote