Thread: Dyno Numbers
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-18, 08:55 AM   #98
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Was this the same map you had in at Cobb? If not, can you describe what was different?
Yes, it is the same map. When I got home, I compared the two graphs. On my cobb printout it has stock vs the modified version. The stock version has a lot of bumps and dips in the torque curve, but the modified version is a lot smoother and flatter, and the torque comes on a lot earlier.

When I look at the s-squared printout, the shape of the torque curve has gone back to be the same as the stock one. I am guessing that the ECU has relearned itself back into the old shape or something. I am quite happy with my max Hp number, but I think I could use more torque across the middle of the rpm range. Scott's car, which admittedly has a lot more modifications than mine and did spend 5 hours on a dyno being tuned, made 20+ ft-lbs of torque more that mine right across the midrange. I wonder if the off the shelf cobb map is not exactly right for my car, I might need a custom map. Unfortunately I don't want to spend anymore money on it, plus now that I have gone down the accessport road I would probably have to go back to utah to get it done
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote