View Single Post
Old 2006-10-09, 12:01 PM   #18
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

What a great year. I'm goign to miss you folks next year. But you better keep practicing, and bring it to Hawthorne...

I enjoyed coaching folks when I could, but running in a 2 driver car made that a little difficult this year. I'm sorry I didn't get as much time to ride with as many of you as I have in past years.

But wow, many of you have come a long way. All the Noobs have improved substantially. Next year will be the transition year. Where all those 1-2 second improvements per run become tenths of seconds. Don't get frustrated, but remember to focus on the basics. Eyes moving, use the whole width of the course, and get behind the slalom cones! The improvements are still there to be found, just a bit harder to realize.

I had a blast campaigning Sue's bone Stock Miata, though I really think the tires have been going off the last few events. A whole season with 2 drivers on one set of tires is probably asking a bit much. But what a fun car. If you ever want to learn to drive a truly nuetral RWD car and how to maintain momentum around a course, there is no better teacher than a Miata. I'm not sure if John Riggs III cheater car-ed his way in front of me this weekend for 9th in PAX overall for the season, but My goal was top 10, and I'm pretty sure I have that locked up.

You SM folks need to watch out if Lucas (Or Carrie for that matter) drives Jim's BMW next year. Might be a good idea to go back to BSP if you can, or start looking into some R compounds...

Again, it's been a blast. Somebody else is going to have to take over giving guided course walks, and anybody reading this can operate a computer, so I would encourage you to get with Mike and Scott, and learn timing. It really is quite simple, and we really need PC literate folks doing it, not just people trying to avoid the sun, and running...