Old 2013-11-19, 11:20 AM   #19
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandong View Post
In response to Sperry. I'm not worried about what either of you guys think or anyone for that matter. I'm not here to offend anyone but some people like you are easily offended anyway it seems. I don't know you personally but by what you say you are obviously good at "assuming" things. You see there is a certain disconnect with technology that ommits actual human expression which leads to misconception ie social networking drama. So if you assume anything whilst not talking with someone face to face or being there in person then you're being foolish if you really think you know what someones intentions really are. Even in person it's hard enough to see through peoples "bullshit". Yet you seem to think that you can do that through a computer screen lol. Seriously? Do you think this is the Matrix and you are Neo haha? I don't profess to be wise but I'm far from a fool Sperry and I know that you are not either but don't go assuming that you know my motives or anything about me until you have met and known me for a while there buddy. You can respond how you wish and will but I have nothing further to say to you unless you are indeed going to have some words of real logic and open mindedness for me. Until then I leave you with thoughts of respect and positivity.
You make great points about the limitations of the printed word to express detailed intent/sentiment. Which is why *you* should be more careful when trying to "joke" with people you don't personally know. It's not *my* issue that you look like you're picking a fight. That's *your* fault for trying to joke around in a medium that prevents easy determination of your motive.

As a moderator here, it's my job to close threads that look like they're out of line. So stop posting threads that look that way, regardless of your supposed actual benign intents. Or expect/accept the backlash you're getting, unless of course you feel bad about your posts appearing so far out of line from your intent. But since I've seen zero remorse, I'm pretty sure my initial assessment was spot on. People that honestly make a joke that gets taken wrong don't respond with "I don't care what you think of me", "you should learn to take a joke", "you're just assuming what I meant", they apologize for being misinterpreted. But hey, feel free to keep up the indignation/martyr act.