View Single Post
Old 2013-05-31, 08:41 PM   #7
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Hmm. Cory just put a low milage stock boost turbo in about 20K miles ago. It should have tons of life left.

I took it to EQ Tuning and they did a boost leak test and didn't find one but they said my MBC was cranked up really high. I said, whatever, the boost gauge and logs show that it's set to 12 PSI.

So Ed put it on the dyno and didn't find any problem when he adjusted the boost and logged it. He said it still runs stronger and smoother than 95% of the other bugeyes out there, which I think was a backhanded compliment. He tweaked the tune a touch, but he said it was perfectly fine.

So it's still a mystery, but it's fine for now. Ed's theory is that the boost leak test somehow fixed a boost leak that was there, but my friend and I did the same boost leak test a couple days earlier and again a couple days before that. I'm just crossing my fingers that it doesn't come back.

The car feels like a beast! He says the power is the same as last time he tuned it (even though I've added PnP'd stock headers and a Perrin silicone turbo inlet). I'm waiting for the dyno graph to see if there's more area under the curve though. I know my injectors are maxed out above 6K RPMs but he said it should be safe in all but the coldest of weather (denser air).

Last edited by cody; 2013-05-31 at 08:48 PM.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote