Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER026D
All I can add to this is that I have made the choice to go with Alcon brakes. The SWRT uses them and there is no way in hell they will use anything second best on that car. They have some of the top guys working on that car and more money then god so that is hands down where my money is going.
Just because SWRT uses a certain setup, that doesn't make it the best for your needs. We've already had the NASCAR example. NASCAR teams have tons of money, but their brakes are limited by series rules and the fact that most ovals don't require heavy braking. Similarily, WRC competition and rules may not allow for a brake system that will be useful on the street. I don't know the details on the Alcon's used by SWRT, but I would certainly find out before deeming them the best brakes. Not to mention the likelihood that they'll cost way too much.
Hopefully he got the Tarmac version. Gravel/snow brakes have to fit under 15" wheels. :-p They're little better performance-wise than 4 pots, although I'm sure the build quality is super. Tarmac brakes use something like a 14" disc, vented, slotted, all the bells and whistles. Do WRC cars allow water-cooled brakes? I had a good time once going through the AP caliper catalog... nifty stuff in there. Loved the line about F1/Indy car calipers... "please call for information on ordering." Ha