Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Closed Thread

Old 2003-04-21, 06:36 PM   #26
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

well if thats the case then its just a hype to drive up costs on NAME brands ... Ohh Scott,, question for you ..... what would you expect to pay for a AEM CAI and an AEM True Power Pully???

GC,GD,GM
Old 2003-04-21, 08:21 PM   #27
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO
well if thats the case then its just a hype to drive up costs on NAME brands ... Ohh Scott,, question for you ..... what would you expect to pay for a AEM CAI and an AEM True Power Pully???
No idea... most intakes I think are in the $150 - $200 range and most pulley's are $50 to $150 depending on if they're just a crank pulley, or a fully kit.

But I'm just pulling those numbers out of my ass... Evan might know better than me, since he's been shopping for parts lately.
Old 2003-04-23, 05:36 PM   #28
ZER026D
EJ251

Car: 01 is300 / 87 rx4
Class: ?

drive fast take chances

AEM intake is around 229$ and pulley kit is like 75$.
Old 2003-04-24, 12:29 PM   #29
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Car: 09 335xi silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO
Have you guys heard of ROYAL PURPLE??? I read somewhere (Turbo/SCC Magazine) where it literaly adds 1-3 HP by switching to this ....
Yes its expensive as well but its supposed to be one of the best in the market ...
only second place to motul. IMHO.

"In order for me to get busy at maximum efficiency, i need a girl with a big 400 ton booty."
Old 2003-05-01, 10:29 AM   #30
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Well guys it seems this thread is going to have a very unhappy ending. Evan called me yesterday and demanded his money back. He said that the flywheel I sold him is unservicable, and that when he called M2 (my old sponsor) they told him that they only sold two of those units (which I know to be false) and that because they know who he got it from (me) they were not going to honor their warranty ( how fucked up is that?) if the clutch goes bad. When he asked them if the clutch was a good product or not they told him they didnt know. The only clutch company that stamps their clutches is Centerforce. every other company you can only tell the clutch from another clutch by the color and design. I am at my wits ends. apparently Evan bought an Exedy clutch and flywheel setup while he was at Vivid. So he doesnt "need" the parts I sold him anymore. He also told me that M2 doesnt make clutches and flywheels for WRX's anymore. Which is also not true. They do and continue to do so. They also still make the same parts for the RX7 as they have always done.

I have been told numerous times that the flywheel I have is infact "serviceable" and doesnt require any special modification to do so. I have also been told by numerous tranmission mechanics that my clutch is top notch and most of them had never seen an import clutch put together that well. (mine was the prototype) desinged just for me and my needs.
What confuses me is why evan bought a new clutch as well and didnt use mine. it was flawless. he should have only bought a flywheel and then I would have been glad to take my flywheel and got it serviced... even though I would have given him his money back for it I still would have gotten it serviced so that I could show him he was lied to.

Bottom line. He wants his money back because he was lied to by some random mechanics shop about the servicing of the flywheel. He lied to me when he told me that M2 doesnt make that clutch anymore. So that i would feel bad and return the money for the clutch as well. Yes I feel bad that he was lied to, but do i feel giving him his money back is warranted? I honestly dont know. I would like to, but he lied to me about the facts of the return. He has placed himself in a very bad situation and I dont feel comfortable with any of it.

I need some opinions people... tell me what you think I should do? What would you do in this situation? I will bring this up tonight at the meeting as I really want to know what everyone thinks about this.

Thanks,

DOP

"In order for me to get busy at maximum efficiency, i need a girl with a big 400 ton booty."
Old 2003-05-01, 10:45 AM   #31
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

:arrow:
Old 2003-05-07, 10:12 AM   #32
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

I will go down to any shop with you phil to show you what they say I am not blowing smoke up your ass the flywheel may as well be a paper wait. I did call M2 and they did say they do not sell these products any more cause they dont like there dealer. I am not lying about it you think I wanted to spend a extra 1000$ no not at all I just spent 2400$ before that so I am out off budget. If the parts I got from phil were any good they would be in my car and I think thats messed up now phil is being all shady cause he does not want to pay me but all and all there his parts that I think if he does not want them back its cause he knows there no good. One more thing there was no bearings for any of those parts I got from phil and I remember phil saying that if there is anything wrong with these parts he would take care of it but look now. I am having problems look now if I was to put that M2 clutch in and now I am having tranny problems what do you think they would say at the dealer so I was looking out for my car and well being.
Old 2003-05-07, 10:24 AM   #33
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

I just called M2 right now and asked them if I can order that clutch and they sayed no they do not sell it any more cause thay never sold that many. So go ahead and call them its not like I am being unrashinal I just want my cash back and no problems. Now its getting all messed up and I dont want it to be like this we all drive nice cars and are smart people so lets not start beef.
Old 2003-05-07, 11:11 AM   #34
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER026D
I did call M2 and they did say they do not sell these products any more cause they dont like there dealer. I am not lying about it
Quote:
I just called M2 right now and asked them if I can order that clutch and they sayed no they do not sell it any more cause thay never sold that many.
two different stories. both likely, however if this was important to you; i bet you would have remebered what they told you.

Quote:
I think thats messed up now phil is being all shady cause he does not want to pay me but all and all there his parts that I think if he does not want them back its cause he knows there no good.
dont call me shady. its not your place to do so. i dont want them back because i have no use for them. except for paperweights.

Quote:
Now its getting all messed up and I dont want it to be like this we all drive nice cars and are smart people so lets not start beef.
well that makes my decision... i really wanted to work things out and take care of you to reach some kind of compromise. that was the whole reason for me posting this up here.

threats get you nothing. sorry dude. you want something from me and tell me that we all drive nice cars? are you trying to incenuate that you will fuck with my car? not wise dude. because you have posted this... and i have printed this. if anything happens to my "car" then i will have a paper trail for a police investigation. im sure when asked by local dectives sperry will provide all the information neccessary to link you the "person" to this online alias.

diplomacy... thats all i have to say.

Old 2003-05-07, 12:30 PM   #35
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofpain
Quote:
Now its getting all messed up and I dont want it to be like this we all drive nice cars and are smart people so lets not start beef.
well that makes my decision... i really wanted to work things out and take care of you to reach some kind of compromise. that was the whole reason for me posting this up here.

threats get you nothing. sorry dude. you want something from me and tell me that we all drive nice cars? are you trying to incenuate that you will fuck with my car? not wise dude. because you have posted this... and i have printed this. if anything happens to my "car" then i will have a paper trail for a police investigation. im sure when asked by local dectives sperry will provide all the information neccessary to link you the "person" to this online alias.

:shock: That's not the meaning I took from Evan's post. I thought Evan was implying that we all have a common thread reagarding our intrest in cars, and we shouldn't let things get in the way of that. (Those little smiley's can be important!) If that was not the intent of his post, then Phil's correct, threats are not the way to solve anything... and there's no room for them or the people that make them on this board.

The best solution would be for you guys to talk about this in person and work something out, since it's so easy to misconstrue someone's intent online.

Evan, if you haven't installed the Exedy clutch/flywheel, is there the possibilty of returning it to Vivid? That way Phil can point you to the people that can get his old clutch and flywheel reconditioned (or whatever it needs) and installed. I'm afraid that's the best idea I can come up with... a deal was completed, and although it'd be nice if Phil could just take the parts back, he's under no obligation to do so.
Old 2003-05-07, 12:51 PM   #36
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

Dude all I want is my cash back and no beef and now its getting all fliped on me I was in no way saying I am going to mess up your car. Look I am so broke right now I need that money when I was in AZ you said you would give it to me now your trying to go back on your word. If you do end up jacking me you will get bad subie juju and subie gods will break your car dont jack a fellow subie owner.
Old 2003-05-07, 12:57 PM   #37
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Quote:

:shock: That's not the meaning I took from Evan's post. I thought Evan was implying that we all have a common thread reagarding our intrest in cars, and we shouldn't let things get in the way of that. (Those little smiley's can be important!) If that was not the intent of his post, then Phil's correct, threats are not the way to solve anything... and there's no room for them or the people that make them on this board.

The best solution would be for you guys to talk about this in person and work something out, since it's so easy to misconstrue someone's intent online.

Evan, if you haven't installed the Exedy clutch/flywheel, is there the possibilty of returning it to Vivid? That way Phil can point you to the people that can get his old clutch and flywheel reconditioned (or whatever it needs) and installed. I'm afraid that's the best idea I can come up with... a deal was completed, and although it'd be nice if Phil could just take the parts back, he's under no obligation to do so.
Evan had to install the exedy parts because he burned his stock clutch out while in phoenix. if that was an option i would love to go down to the shop and make them feel foolish. the parts i sold him were in reno and he had them shipped down to him by one of his friends. this creates a problem.

i never said anything about taking the clutch back from him. (i knew it was in perfect running order). the flywheel i sold him for all of 50 bucks because it needed to be resurfaced or serviced. i told him that if servicing the flywheel was going to be expensive (ie:over 50 bucks) then i would help him out with the costs. which i didnt have to do.

he made a decision that cost him alot of money.

when he called me to talk to me about the situation he said
"hey phil its evan"
i said " whats up evan? are you back from phoenix?"
"i am going to need my money back for the clutch and flywheel"

that alone says it all.
he didnt say hey man i have problem this company says this and that and so forth. and ask for assitance. i would have gladly spoken to the shop on the phone to straighten things out. i also would have shipped him the parts he bought from me. i work at a warehouse and would have gotten shipping really cheap. i take care of friends in need. everytime. but when you come to me and threaten and try to tell me what im supposed to do or even better what i going do. then you dont get my respect. at all. not the best idea if you want something from me.

i agree... this sucks.

Quote:
Dude all I want is my cash back and no beef and now its getting all fliped on me I was in no way saying I am going to mess up your car. Look I am so broke right now I need that money when I was in AZ you said you would give it to me now your trying to go back on your word.
i said and i quote" we will work something out when you get back to town"

i never said i was for sure about anything.

Old 2003-05-07, 01:03 PM   #38
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

Look lets just settle like this call M2 925-685-7534 and ask them if you can get there clutch and flywheel let me know what they say. Plus the parts I got from you are missing a bearing and some other stuff you tould me all the parts were there so right there. I got jacked and lied to right off the back and I knew this was going to happen and I am just trying to talk it out tell him I am not mad and he's all pissed off saying all kinds off wish wash.

P.S. please some one els call M2 besides phil
Old 2003-05-07, 01:09 PM   #39
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

Well why dont you answer your phone I am sick of talking about it on here every thing I say is getting all mixed up. I would like to go down to any shop of your choice so we can both see what they say cause I am getting screwed here.
Old 2003-05-07, 01:13 PM   #40
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

Quote:
Well guys it seems this thread is going to have a very unhappy ending. Evan called me yesterday and demanded his money back. He said that the flywheel I sold him is unservicable, and that when he called M2 (my old sponsor) they told him that they only sold two of those units (which I know to be false) and that because they know who he got it from (me) they were not going to honor their warranty ( how fucked up is that?) if the clutch goes bad. When he asked them if the clutch was a good product or not they told him they didnt know. The only clutch company that stamps their clutches is Centerforce. every other company you can only tell the clutch from another clutch by the color and design. I am at my wits ends. apparently Evan bought an Exedy clutch and flywheel setup while he was at Vivid. So he doesnt "need" the parts I sold him anymore. He also told me that M2 doesnt make clutches and flywheels for WRX's anymore. Which is also not true. They do and continue to do so. They also still make the same parts for the RX7 as they have always done.

I have been told numerous times that the flywheel I have is infact "serviceable" and doesnt require any special modification to do so. I have also been told by numerous tranmission mechanics that my clutch is top notch and most of them had never seen an import clutch put together that well. (mine was the prototype) desinged just for me and my needs.
What confuses me is why evan bought a new clutch as well and didnt use mine. it was flawless. he should have only bought a flywheel and then I would have been glad to take my flywheel and got it serviced... even though I would have given him his money back for it I still would have gotten it serviced so that I could show him he was lied to.

Bottom line. He wants his money back because he was lied to by some random mechanics shop about the servicing of the flywheel. He lied to me when he told me that M2 doesnt make that clutch anymore. So that i would feel bad and return the money for the clutch as well. Yes I feel bad that he was lied to, but do i feel giving him his money back is warranted? I honestly dont know. I would like to, but he lied to me about the facts of the return. He has placed himself in a very bad situation and I dont feel comfortable with any of it.

I need some opinions people... tell me what you think I should do? What would you do in this situation? I will bring this up tonight at the meeting as I really want to know what everyone thinks about this.

Thanks,

DOP
See the reason I got pissed off is that in your first post you said I lied to you when in fact M2 does not sell these parts any more I can not get a new bearing for that clutch and the fly wheel would have took me like 1-2 weeks for a new serfice.
Old 2003-05-07, 01:16 PM   #41
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
Look lets just settle like this call M2 925-685-7534 and ask them if you can get there clutch and flywheel let me know what they say. Plus the parts I got from you are missing a bearing and some other stuff you tould me all the parts were there so right there. I got jacked and lied to right off the back and I knew this was going to happen and I am just trying to talk it out tell him I am not mad and he's all pissed off saying all kinds off wish wash.

P.S. please some one els call M2 besides phil

1. we are not talking about whether someone can get a certain product from a certain manufacturer. that is not the point.
2. i called them yesterday, they knew it was me, they told me they could get one if i needed one.
3. you sir are refering to the throwout bearing. no clutch in the world comes with its own throwout bearing. if you need a throwout bearing in your car then you have other problems. i still have the orignal in my car and i tore a clutch into three pieces.
4. the flywheel bearing was included. it was already installed in the flywheel.
5. now you are calling me a liar. how far do you want to take this name-calling.
6. if you knew this was going to happen why did you do it?
7. what other stuff? nothing. dont add to your cause by slandering me even more. its not worth the cost to you.

bottom line... you bought my clutch and flywheel. the clutch was new and in perfect working order. the flywheel needed to be serviced. i sold these parts to you for half of what i paid. which was half of cost. 400 dollars. i said if the flywheel's servicing was going to be expensive i would help you out with it. never did i say you could return the product to me for cash. never. your shop told you the flywheel couldnt be serviced. instead of buying just a new flywheel, you bought both pieces, even though you had a perfectly good clutch. you wasted money and now you feel that calling me names and slandering me is how you will get your money back.

i dont know what to say.

Old 2003-05-07, 01:27 PM   #42
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
See the reason I got pissed off is that in your first post you said I lied to you when in fact M2 does not sell these parts any more I can not get a new bearing for that clutch and the fly wheel would have took me like 1-2 weeks for a new serfice.

your story has changed again... i dont know what to say evan. any throw-out bearing (throwout bearings are for the car not for the clutch) would have worked for that clutch, if in fact you needed one.

now you say that the flywheel is servicable? make up your mind.

Quote:
Evan called me yesterday and demanded his money back. He said that the flywheel I sold him is unservicable
I have been told numerous times that the flywheel I have is infact "serviceable" and doesnt require any special modification to do so.
?????

Old 2003-05-07, 01:28 PM   #43
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
Well why dont you answer your phone I am sick of talking about it on here every thing I say is getting all mixed up. I would like to go down to any shop of your choice so we can both see what they say cause I am getting screwed here.
i am at work...

Old 2003-05-07, 02:29 PM   #44
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

Phil if you want to jack me just say it so I dont know all the parts but I do know its missing some so what ever jack me its ended. Why dont you come to the meet so we can talk about in person no more of this online bull shit I want my cash or somthing if you clutch is still good sell it to some one els but dont jack me. Why do you still have a outstading bill at M2 did you jack them for the parts you sold me if so thats even more messed up.
Old 2003-05-07, 09:35 PM   #45
dayofpain
R.I.P.

Quote:
Phil if you want to jack me just say it so I dont know all the parts but I do know its missing some so what ever jack me its ended. Why dont you come to the meet so we can talk about in person no more of this online bull shit I want my cash or somthing if you clutch is still good sell it to some one els but dont jack me. Why do you still have a outstading bill at M2 did you jack them for the parts you sold me if so thats even more messed up.
i dont see at any point how my bills relate to you. and how its any of your buisness. besides that i explained that whole situation to you, in person.

i did sell the clutch to someone, you. youre right its ended.

enough slander.

Old 2003-05-07, 09:57 PM   #46
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Okay guys. Discuss this in pm's or in person.