Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2005-02-10, 12:59 PM   #26
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv
(I think there are still places in CA where the property values are still declining, compared to 5 years ago.)
Umm, you need to show me these places cause I sure haven't seen any.
Old 2005-02-10, 01:06 PM   #27
miahmarie
n00b

"I hate credit card debt -- plus, I'm paranoid of the electronic paper trail ala 'Enemy of the State'."

Wasn't that CRAZY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that MOVIE!!

If you have ever been a victim of identity theft the same paranoia applies. You really change your mindset about paper trails knowing how easily someone can take from you.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
miahmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 02:17 PM   #28
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by miahmarie
"I hate credit card debt -- plus, I'm paranoid of the electronic paper trail ala 'Enemy of the State'."

If you have ever been a victim of identity theft the same paranoia applies. You really change your mindset about paper trails knowing how easily someone can take from you.
ABOUT 5-6 Years ago My wife went thru the samething.. the IRS wanted to know why SHE was filing her taxes in two different states.. (Nevada and Ohio)...

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 02:36 PM   #29
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO
Quote:

ABOUT 5-6 Years ago My wife went thru the samething.. the IRS wanted to know why SHE was filing her taxes in two different states.. (Nevada and Ohio)...
You just reminded me of something that happened to me. When I was 18 I lived in Yosemite for a few months. I came home for Christmas, and my Mom was all shook up. Apparently the police from some state back east called her, to tell her I died in a car accident. Luckily the real me showed up. And this wasn't from identify theft (I don't think), but because of someone who had the same name and was the same age as me. It was weird.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 02:40 PM   #30
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO
Quote:

You just reminded me of something that happened to me. When I was 18 I lived in Yosemite for a few months. I came home for Christmas, and my Mom was all shook up. Apparently the police from some state back east called her, to tell her I died in a car accident. Luckily the real me showed up. And this wasn't from identify theft (I don't think), but because of someone who had the same name and was the same age as me. It was weird.

WOW!!!! See this was the same type of situatiuon with her too .. it wasnt ID theft but more of same name.. the funny thing is this woman was in her 40's.. (my wife was about 25 at the time)

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 02:40 PM   #31
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Quote:
(I think there are still places in CA where the property values are still declining, compared to 5 years ago.)
Buyers apparently still like So. Cal, and the ocean. (Except for the places sliding into the ocean?) But I have a friend who bought a home in San Jose 5 years ago, at a pretty steep price (something like $700k'ish), but now the homes around her are selling in the $500-$600k range.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 03:08 PM   #32
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

I really want to thank the people that posted in the thread.

I am sorry if I can seem to get hot headed about certin topics but I hope you all can see its not that I want to be thought of as a hot head but more of someone that has passion in his opinions and trully wants to help.

Thanks again
Old 2005-02-10, 04:13 PM   #33
miahmarie
n00b

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Quote:
Buyers apparently still like So. Cal, and the ocean. (Except for the places sliding into the ocean?) But I have a friend who bought a home in San Jose 5 years ago, at a pretty steep price (something like $700k'ish), but now the homes around her are selling in the $500-$600k range.
Yeah my girlfriend is in the same situation in a place near the ocean, Oceanside, CA. She bought a condo, (interest only because she couldn't afford the payments) now her condo is worth less and they know they will have to move in the next four years because they still won't be able to afford the payment. She has already lost $50,000 in equity and she hasn't paid anything in principal. She is now paying what she can on the principal so that hopefully if the market turns in her favor she can atleast get her down payment back.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
miahmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-10, 04:53 PM   #34
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
But I have a friend who bought a home in San Jose 5 years ago, at a pretty steep price (something like $700k'ish), but now the homes around her are selling in the $500-$600k range.
Sweet, at that rate maybe in another 5 years I'll be able to afford to buy a house.
Old 2005-02-10, 10:00 PM   #35
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

Lets start a sweet how to find a badass job thread so I can come back to this thread with all my new money!

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-11, 10:28 PM   #36
Weasel 22
EJ22

im telling you the hitman profession pays big bucks..just a few contracts a year..the paranoia is a perk
SVX (Subaru Vehicle X)...no matter how far a jackass travels..it won't come back a horse
Weasel 22 is offline   Reply With Quote