Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2004-03-19, 03:39 PM   #26
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Ugh.... this sucks. I'm actually just sitting around at work right now with nothing important to do. I got the shit I was working on done, but because we found some problems with the game we're testing, and we won't get the fix till Monday, I get to go back to monkey testing till then. I really should be cutting out of here early to pack the car and leave for LA, but nooOOOOOoooo.

If only it was any other weekend than this one... I think I'm gonna have to go up to Reno-Fernley tomorrow morning and run a half day of test-n-tune. Maybe figure out how much toe-in I need to add when the camber is maxed negative to be aligned properly. Perhaps talk with ET about setting up a SECCS track school day.
Old 2004-03-19, 03:43 PM   #27
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
If only it was any other weekend than this one... I think I'm gonna have to go up to Reno-Fernley tomorrow morning and run a half day of test-n-tune. Maybe figure out how much toe-in I need to add when the camber is maxed negative to be aligned properly. Perhaps talk with ET about setting up a SECCS track school day.
I'm in!
Old 2004-03-19, 04:04 PM   #28
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

I wish I had my summer tires

hey Scott wasnt you thing in LA on the weekend? Why cant you still get your tune? If your work doesnt need you this weekend?
Old 2004-03-19, 04:57 PM   #29
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSTI
I wish I had my summer tires

hey Scott wasnt you thing in LA on the weekend? Why cant you still get your tune? If your work doesnt need you this weekend?
Not only did they cancel my time-off that I cleared with them in February, they also canned my trip to LA this weekend because I'd have to be gone two days. So I'm gonna have to put in at least half a day on Saturday.
Old 2004-03-19, 07:24 PM   #30
STIwish
EJ251

That sucks hardcore yo.
Old 2004-03-20, 01:15 PM   #31
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Hey Kevin... keep me posted on that truck, it sounds like a pretty decent tow vehicle...
Talked to them today about it. They want it gone by July (registration expires) and they're willing to go as low as $5000-5500.
Old 2004-03-20, 01:17 PM   #32
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Quote:
Hey Kevin... keep me posted on that truck, it sounds like a pretty decent tow vehicle...
Talked to them today about it. They want it gone by July (registration expires) and they're willing to go as low as $5000-5500.
Wow! I think that's somthing I may be able to make happen. Lemme deal with some financial BS and figure out what it'll take to put together the money.

What kind of mileage does it have? Any major repairs done?
Old 2004-03-20, 01:25 PM   #33
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

I think it's just a bit over 100k. The original tranny blew out around 30k miles or so, but they installed a trans oil cooler with the new one (performed under warranty in Fairfield) and haven't had any problems since. That happened pulling a 9000 lb RV, and their new trailer weighs 12,000 and they haven't had any problems. Also, it once blew a tire in the rear and when it came unwrapped it tore the fender all up, but that was repaired and came out fine. I can't think of any other mechanical issues, but if there were any they will tell me, and probably have the paperwork from it too. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it another round of maintenance and replace all the usual wear items and fluid, but you could probably do all that for like $250.
Old 2004-03-20, 01:39 PM   #34
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
I think it's just a bit over 100k. The original tranny blew out around 30k miles or so, but they installed a trans oil cooler with the new one (performed under warranty in Fairfield) and haven't had any problems since. That happened pulling a 9000 lb RV, and their new trailer weighs 12,000 and they haven't had any problems. Also, it once blew a tire in the rear and when it came unwrapped it tore the fender all up, but that was repaired and came out fine. I can't think of any other mechanical issues, but if there were any they will tell me, and probably have the paperwork from it too. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it another round of maintenance and replace all the usual wear items and fluid, but you could probably do all that for like $250.
Big issues aren't a big deal to me if they were handled properly by competant people. Hearing the tranny's been replaced is good. I was even hoping that the motor had been rebuilt recently or something so I won't have to do it.

It's the people that say, "we've never had any issues ever, it runs great, except for the smoke that it sometime blows, but we don't think that's a big deal" that concern me.