Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2005-07-16, 08:35 PM   #51
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R.
In other news, associate SECCS member and local hotshoe Pat R. won AS over event co-chair Mike M. in the third heat today.
This was really great to see!
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-16, 08:38 PM   #52
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Danger
Well, let me apologize to everyone for messing up the last couple of corners today,
It happens, you're not the first person its happened to. It's important to get your car off the racing line (if you know it's happened). I didn't notice anybody losing control there.
You did good when you got out there and helped with the cleanup effort.
I hope your car gets better soon.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-16, 10:15 PM   #53
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

PAt, way to go man, congrats.
Old 2005-07-17, 05:00 PM   #54
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Debbie, I think we found your swaybar bushing during the last seesion Saturday! I wish someone had made an announcment about it this morning, so you would have been able to grab it... when you see this (probably after it's way too late) call up Dave or Carol and see where it ended up. We assumed it was from one of the ASP cars, since it was during their runs that the workers noticed it. We made some announcement, but it was after you had left I think.
Old 2005-07-17, 05:20 PM   #55
MattR
El Matador

Overall, what a great weekend for the SECCS crew...Sunday was pretty incredible, Mike K congrats on your first ever overall PAX win, incredible driving, my hats off to you . Looks like there were 4 of us in the top 12 in overall PAX today, very good showing. Pat won A Stock Saturday, over the course designer. I think Debbie won womens PAX. And everyone else drive so well today, very cool.
Scott, Dean, Tyson, Nick, Debbie, Pat, Heidi, great day today.

Can't wait to see the season standings.

Dean, thanks again for letting me finish my runs on saturday in your car...I truly appreciate it. Also, looks like my alignment issues on the STi are all fixed, the car handled very well today, now I have to learn how to drive it. . Progress was made today.

Anyway...looking good everyone.
Old 2005-07-17, 05:26 PM   #56
MattR
El Matador

Also, just to clear up what went down with Paul Jensen in the TFS Mitsubishi. It was brought to my attention by Kevin that Paul was running an illegal intake on his "Stock" class Mitubishi. Dean made it very clear to Paul at the last race that this part needed to go, well, Paul didn;t change it, and we felt this is a glaring rules violation, and called him on it.

The result, Paul was classed in RNP (run no points) today, and will have two options for future events, he can either take off his intake and go to stock, or he can run in the proper class which should be TBSP maybe. Otherwise, I will be protesting him, as will others in Street tire I'm sure. It's important to me that we have consistency when it comes to rules enforcement, unfortunatley, it's an honor code based system, and Paul chose to sidestep the system.

What are your thoughts everyone? Scott, Mike K, Dean? I'm curious.
Old 2005-07-17, 07:10 PM   #57
bruspeed
EJ251

Car: 2005 2.5 rs cgm
Class: TDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
Also, just to clear up what went down with Paul Jensen in the TFS Mitsubishi. It was brought to my attention by Kevin that Paul was running an illegal intake on his "Stock" class Mitubishi. Dean made it very clear to Paul at the last race that this part needed to go, well, Paul didn;t change it, and we felt this is a glaring rules violation, and called him on it.

The result, Paul was classed in RNP (run no points) today, and will have two options for future events, he can either take off his intake and go to stock, or he can run in the proper class which should be TBSP maybe. Otherwise, I will be protesting him, as will others in Street tire I'm sure. It's important to me that we have consistency when it comes to rules enforcement, unfortunatley, it's an honor code based system, and Paul chose to sidestep the system.

Well, I wasn't there, but, It is an issue of morals, If we can all go out there classify our cars in the CORRECT classes, then nobody else should get away with anything less than that. This sport is based on honesty. But what do I know?
Old 2005-07-17, 07:48 PM   #58
doubleurx
EJ205

I wish I could have made it. Sounds like it was a blast. Congrats to all of you.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-17, 09:31 PM   #59
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

pete is in the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autox_july_1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2438  

Name:	autox_july_2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2439  

Name:	autox_july_3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	2440  

Name:	autox_july_4.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2441  

Name:	autox_july_5.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	2442  

Last edited by tysonK; 2005-07-17 at 09:36 PM.
tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-17, 09:33 PM   #60
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

friggin more!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	autox_july_6.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2443  

Name:	autox_july_7.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	2444  

Name:	autox_july_8.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2445  

Name:	autox_july_9.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2446  

Old 2005-07-17, 09:33 PM   #61
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

omg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	autox_july_10.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	2447  

Name:	autox_july_11.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2448  

Old 2005-07-17, 09:35 PM   #62
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

double lag, wait how'd that get in here!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	matt_turning.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	2449  

Old 2005-07-17, 09:36 PM   #63
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

my hard drive is full

Old 2005-07-17, 10:32 PM   #64
Forgotten
EJ22

Car: 05 STi

Hmm. I guess I could of turned off my lights...
Forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-17, 10:34 PM   #65
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:

I've always been under the impression that Paul's simply a good driver. To find out he's been running an illegal car ever since forever is really dissapointing. All the hard work that I and the rest of the street tire drivers (and anyone going after overall PAX) have put forth seems to be for not, since we've been getting beat by a cheater car. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth to realize how many points I've missed out on over the last 2 years because Paul can't play by the rules.

Not knowing the mods on your car or the rules is inexcusable for a driver that consistantly places in the top of his class. And moreover, Paul had been specifically warned at the Divisional 3 weeks ago that his car wasn't legal, even if he was truely ignorant of the situation beforehand. Furthermore, I'm hearing from people that know these cars that he's likely got additional mods, as those 3000GT's shouldn't be as quick as Paul's seems to be... but that's not something we'll ever know unless someone that knows what to look for is willing to spring for the protest.

The more I think about this situation, the more furious I get. This is not the sort of thing that happens in the Reno SCCA. Cheating like this simply doesn't happen in our region... sure there's good competition here, but it's *always* within the rules. To find out that this is and has been going on makes me feel betrayed. It's unfortunate that the rules require a protest to be entered during or immediately an event, because Paul can basically tell all of his competitors to fuck off and keep all his undeserved points. The honorable thing for Paul to do would be to vollentarily reclass himself properly, not only in the future, but retroactively for the 1st half of the season. Anything less than that is selfish and absolutely contrary to the environment of friendly competition that Reno SCCA has worked extremely hard to foster.

What I can't understand is why anyone would continue to compete when in clear violation of the rules. What goos is winning a trophy if you broke the rules to get it? You might as well just go on down to the trophy store and buy a bunch. There's no value to victory if your competitors don't recognize your achievement. I really don't care if Paul or anyone else beats me... as long as they do it withing the rules. Placing less than 1st is just incentive for me to go faster next time... But getting beat by someone that's cheating just makes a mockery of the sport. Why should I bother trying so hard, working so hard, spending so much money, only to attempt to match someone that doesn't even have enough respect for the sport to play by the rules. What a waste of my time.

Situations like this really burn me up. It's one thing to be a newbie and simply not know the rules. It's also not such a big deal if someone's clearly not competative to have some minor things done. But in this particular case, the driver is a class leader with modifications that clearly give him a huge advantage. There's a reason that the 3000GT goes from FS to BSP... it responds *very* well to power modifications (especially exhaust mods, or so I've heard, which is why I think there more going on here than just the intake). Imagine racing against a Street Prepared C4 Corvette with a .779 PAX instead of the correct .812 factor. That's a 2 second head start on a 60 second course! That essentially what we're up against when Paul runs his TBSP 3000GT in TFS.

Ugh. Now I'm all worked up. I hope we can get this resolved painlessly. I'm hesitant to believe that Paul will take the high road on this considering is was his lack of ethics that got us into this situation, but perhaps he can prove me wrong, step up, and re-class himself so we can compete on a level playing field. 'Course it doesn't ease my mind that he showed up late, ran out of class, and didn't bother to work... that's not exactly an example of someone that's here for the group. Oh sure he said he'd help clean up... but at 4:30 when I'm the only one out at the bus in 105 deg weather on an aluminum ladder tearing down the timing displays, he was in his car on the freeway heading home.

[/rant off]
Old 2005-07-18, 01:52 AM   #66
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Ugh, what a can of worms, and how wonderful that I'm the one who essentially opened it. I noticed Paul's intake at Hawthorne I believe, and discussed it with Dean; I wasn't sure if it was actually modified and of course Dean would know. Then Dean mentioned to him at the Divisional that it was illegal and needed to be fixed; Paul's obviously a good driver and both of us were, I guess, willing to overlook the previous events (only 2 weekends at the time I think were all he'd run). But, by entering again this weekend after knowing full well about the legality of his car is just impossible to overlook under the circumstances, considering he also ran out of group without working pretty much intentionally; I saw him at the timing bus before I made my first run with his helmet in his hand. He's simply not making any effort to play by the spirit of the rules and of competition, and I don't see how any of us who are actively involved can allow such behavior to go unchallenged.
Old 2005-07-18, 01:55 AM   #67
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Oh, and on the much happier notes, congrats to pretty much everyone today. In paticular, a tip of the hat to Nick; you kicked the crap out of me in a lesser prepared car dude. Good job!
Old 2005-07-18, 06:23 AM   #68
MattR
El Matador

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonK
double lag, wait how'd that get in here!

Sweet Find!!
Old 2005-07-18, 08:28 AM   #69
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Last year I had to pay someone to remove my tranny mount last year so that I could run in STX instead of street mod, then I sold it to Evan for half what I paid for it

Therefore I say we weigh him, and if he weighs the same as a duck, then he must float, which means he must be made of wood, which means that he will burn, which makes him a witch! Burn him!!
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-18, 08:57 AM   #70
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK
Last year I had to pay someone to remove my tranny mount last year so that I could run in STX instead of street mod, then I sold it to Evan for half what I paid for it

Therefore I say we weigh him, and if he weighs the same as a duck, then he must float, which means he must be made of wood, which means that he will burn, which makes him a witch! Burn him!!

Either that or he is in fact a very small rock.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-18, 09:55 AM   #71
SlickNick112
EJ251

Car: '06 Impreza WRX STi
Class: Out of class!

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Oh, and on the much happier notes, congrats to pretty much everyone today. In paticular, a tip of the hat to Nick; you kicked the crap out of me in a lesser prepared car dude. Good job!
I was feeling it this weekend. The car was responding well. The courses were really fun too.

Congrats to Mike for his PAX win on the weekend, He was the real stud this weekend just "chillin" Literally with his AC on for his winning run!!
Old 2005-07-18, 01:36 PM   #72
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

I had a really good time this weekend.

Bobby just showed up at my doorstep with an ear-to-ear grin letting me know that he fixed the Galant. Still, never 4get...

Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-18, 02:10 PM   #73
MikeK
Captain Turbo

I'm glad the galant survived, I guess there was no damage after losing all that oil
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-18, 02:56 PM   #74
MattR
El Matador

Tim ,Pete and Bobby, you guys kill me hahaha, good news there Bobby.
Old 2005-07-18, 07:41 PM   #75
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Quote:
Tim ,Pete and Bobby, you guys kill me hahaha, good news there Bobby.
Yah, you guys are really adept at making tape lettering.