Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2005-11-14, 01:02 PM   #101
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry

Turn 15 is the last turn before the front straight. MattR was telling me it's a bit slippery since the resurfacing, but before that, you could carry an amazing amount of speed through there due to the banking/uphill nature of the corner.

Yeah, I felt like I was getting through 15 better now with the coilovers than before, with virtually no body roll,it's almost as if the more speed you carry down the hill from 14, the more traction you have (Due to the Downward G force) and I was shifting to 5th gear as soon as I straightened out on the straightaway. ..So, I was topping out 5th on the straight, Instead of shifting to 6th, I was just letting off getting to turn 1. (top of fif is fast)

The other Key turn for me is 7, like Scott said, It's basically the last lift point for the entire 8-9-10-11-straight-12 sequence, so getting into 7 properly is essential. I basically time my shift to 5th as I crown 7, which means I only lift the throttle one time from 6 thru 12. If you can't get into 7 clean, give it up at 6 so that you get a wide open shot thru 7.

As far as the new track goes, I believe the primary configuration will be most of what Scott posted early in the thread, which shows about half the paving done. The uphill S's from turn 6 and the downhill carousell into the fishbowl will be the highlights IMO