Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2009-04-14, 11:00 AM   #1
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.
Default Getting pissed or getting old. Things that are, not me. :)

This is where I at least am going to post things that are pissing me off or just getting really tired around here without polluting other threads.

Today's gripe is the constant back and forth one line insults, and ultra off-topic posts that have been flying around.

Grow the F up!

If you can't contribute something to a topic, resist the urge to post!

If you think you have a witty one word/emoticon/sentence response, think some more and add some actual substance to it or after it.

If someone asks a question of a specific person, don't feel obliged to answer for them.

If somebody posts something stupid, don't feel compelled to respond to it in that thread. Come here and rant about it.

We derail if not train wreck some threads getting so far off an off-topic thread it boggles the mind, but that is not what I am talking about.

It is the constant penis, gay and other sexual references, and general back and forth derogatory comments between a few individuals that vary depending on the thread.

At least when Scott and I "fight" it is in multiple paragraph posts, not juvenile playground insults.

I may be old, but by what I see some people post, I could swear you are like 6 year olds having just learned your first big boy word for your pee pee.

If you wouldn't say it to your mom or your boss, maybe you should at least think before posting it.

And if you do it in a tech thread, I'd vote to ban your ass!

Last edited by Dean; 2009-04-14 at 11:03 AM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 11:04 AM   #2
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

saved.
Old 2009-04-14, 11:19 AM   #3
SteveM
EJ22

Car: RED WRX
Class: Spectator

Mangia la mia polvere

I started using my ignore list a few days after it started smelling like NASIOC in here. Makes reading a derailed thread a lot easier. Plus, you don't have to listen to them claim they know Navy SEALS.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 11:25 AM   #4
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

I don't want to use the ignore list because much of the time, the people in question have something to contribute. Heck, I am probably guilty of some of my own rants at some point.

I just wish people would think a bit before hitting "post". I don't know how many times I have written entire multiple paragraph posts and then just aborted because it didn't actually add any value to the discussion.
Old 2009-04-14, 11:45 AM   #5
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

I know I have contributed to that a bit. Sorry. I won't do it anymore. We all know each other fairly well, sometimes I forget that this is a forum for Subaru enthusiasts. Not a chat room.

Also, this place can never ever even come close to NASIOC. What a joke statement that is.

Last edited by JonnydaJibba; 2009-04-14 at 11:49 AM.
JonnydaJibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:14 PM   #6
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Dean pees sitting down
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:15 PM   #7
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Easy single-line nazi, Tyson makes me laugh sometimes.

And actually I am feeling really old and cranky today after picking up too many other people's messes, so I came here expecting a thread where I can just rant at will.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:20 PM   #8
wildfirefli
EJ22

I'm not sure what peoples problem is with me, but this is the only forum I have been on where someone has a problem with me. Everyone else loves the shit out of me. So, for you on the power trip, every reaction makes you look just like you are trying to tell me I look. Which, personally I think it's amusing to see you get so mad over something so trivial. You must not have anything better to do than pick on a girl.

Last edited by wildfirefli; 2009-04-14 at 12:25 PM.
wildfirefli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:37 PM   #9
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfirefli View Post
I'm not sure what peoples problem is with me
Nobody has a problem with you as a person. The majority of us have a problem with the way you post and we have all said so. Most of your posts make you seem like you are cracked out running down the street spouting out sentence fragments. I don't think anyone has attacked you but, you seem quick to take offense.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:44 PM   #10
wildfirefli
EJ22

You don't think anyone has attacked me? Certainly not YOU right? Lol. You have taken shots at me too. like, um, just now? So you would wonder why I would take offense. I don't sit around and judge you and what you talk about. You seem quick to take a large interest in everything I say.

And FYI, I'm new. I'm learning how to even talk about what's wrong with my car most of it is just greek to me so I don't exactly know what it is I'm talking about on the car. But I'll be careful to not ever ask you guys. Since you are all rude and hateful. Those of you that have been kind to me I appreciate it. But you are right, I don't feel welcome. And if you can't handle a little diversity or my personality then please refrain to speaking to me or about me. All I ask. If you have a problem with me, don't read what I post, and you won't hear a thing from me about you.

It's as simple as that. I thought forums were created so everyone could have a chance to compare notes, and talk about off topic things. I didn't know this was for bashing someone just because you can't understand them. I've had more respect than many of you have shown me I don't call you crackheads and make every effort to try to make you feel smaller than me. If you choose to continue to be rude and hateful, that's your choice but it won't effect me you will just be wasting time.
Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time on me. I don't care about you.

Last edited by wildfirefli; 2009-04-14 at 12:52 PM.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:47 PM   #11
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyS View Post
Easy single-line nazi, Tyson makes me laugh sometimes.

And actually I am feeling really old and cranky today after picking up too many other people's messes, so I came here expecting a thread where I can just rant at will.
Rant away old man! Mi thread es su thread.

And original one line quips work. MikeK is also the master of those. I gots no problem with thems in OT for the most part if they actually bring teh funnah.

Last edited by Dean; 2009-04-14 at 12:49 PM.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:54 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Personally I have been on a lot of forums and this one has been the worst by far. I've never had any problems anywhere else and I have been the same person the whole time. I think some people on here have a power trip and that if they don't want to see my "nonsensical" droppings, they should be more mature and ignore them or not reply to them. Instead, they throw their weight around and act just like they think I'm acting. If this is your "baby" and I have somehow offended your delicate thin skin. I don't apologize. I'm not any more or less abrasive than anyone else. If I had been treated with a little respect from the start or someone had told me hey you can't talk about cops on here yeah, I would have readily complied. Instead I was treated with contempt, which causes me to not ever care what you think. it's a forum. for chatting. for questions. for anything. so instead of being such a busybody and having to have a come up for everything I say so you can make yourself feel so superior why don't you just mind your own business.
I know it's cliche, but if you don't like the forum, why are you posting here? And I mean that seriously, I'm not e-thugging. If you don't respect the people that spend their time and money running the site, and don't care what they think, why shouldn't they just ban you and be done with it?

Your post shows clearly that you don't know the people here. This forum is *not* "for anything", it's for local Reno subaru enthusiasts. Most of us know each other personally, and that makes *all* the difference in the world when it comes to being abrasive with each other. What's "good natured ribbing" between people that know each other is usually insulting when someone new comes to the board and says the same thing.

But that's not your biggest problem. Your biggest problem here is that you basically troll the boards posting inflammatory nonsense, and then make a point to explain to everyone that you don't care that you're rubbing everyone the wrong way. Most everyone here makes a point to post thoughtfully for the most part. You tend to post the equivalent of text messages about whatever's bothering you at the moment. The board is intended to be a discussion forum, not your personal blog. Frankly, I'm getting PMs from people that actually contribute to the board that they're tired of having to wade through your posts, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out why you don't deserve to be banned. To put it simply, if the people here don't appreciate your posting habits and you apparently don't like or care to hear what everyone else has to say as well, why are you here? If the long-time members are bothered by you, and you're explicitly telling us you don't care and don't plan to change, how do I tell them to keep giving you a second chance?

In general SECCS has open arms for new people, but we expect new people that join up to eventually find a way to fit in. Pretty much everyone new gets hazed just for being new (ask Cody and 100%, they got some of the worst when they joined up, but are both now what I'd consider "regulars"), as it filters out the folks that really want to contribute to the club from the people looking for a race or some drama. The people that fit in and enjoy the place stick around, those that don't go elsewhere. We've *never* tried to be a board that makes everyone happy.

So while we try to welcome everyone, surely there are people that don't like it here, and for the most part we're totally fine with that. Because the majority of the people here are mid to late 20's professionals, we don't do high school type drama well. We certainly don't do street racing and car "crew" drama. There are other boards (even local ones) for that sort of stuff. If SECCS isn't for you, so be it. On the other hand, if you're fine with chilling out and going with the flow of the way things work here, you'll get far more out of the club than you will fighting upstream the whole way.

It's not like we're asking you to define yourself by conforming to the way things work around here, we're just asking for you to respect that this board is what it is because the people that run it, and the people that are the "regulars", like it this way for the most part. For lack of a better analogy, please don't come into our house and start redecorating and then get offended when the existing residents tell you they don't like the color of paint you're using.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:06 PM   #13
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Quote:
You don't think anyone has attacked me? Certainly not YOU right? Lol. You have taken shots at me too. like, um, just now? So you would wonder why I would take offense. I don't sit around and judge you and what you talk about. You seem quick to take a large interest in everything I say.

And FYI, I'm new. I'm learning how to even talk about what's wrong with my car most of it is just greek to me so I don't exactly know what it is I'm talking about on the car. But I'll be careful to not ever ask you guys. Since you are all rude and hateful. Those of you that have been kind to me I appreciate it. But you are right, I don't feel welcome. And if you can't handle a little diversity or my personality then please refrain to speaking to me or about me. All I ask. If you have a problem with me, don't read what I post, and you won't hear a thing from me about you.

It's as simple as that. I thought forums were created so everyone could have a chance to compare notes, and talk about off topic things. I didn't know this was for bashing someone just because you can't understand them. I've had more respect than many of you have shown me I don't call you crackheads and make every effort to try to make you feel smaller than me. If you choose to continue to be rude and hateful, that's your choice but it won't effect me you will just be wasting time.
Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time on me. I don't care about you.
This is what I mean when I say you are too sensitive. I am sorry for saying you act like a crackhead. I am not attacking you when I say your posts are crazy, I am trying to help you. You keep asking "what is everyone's problem with me !?!" so I am telling you what it is. You can choose to ignore that and keep doing what you are doing or you can slow your posts down a little.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:07 PM   #14
wildfirefli
EJ22

I respect what it is for, yeah. I never said I didn't like it here, I said this is the worst by far. I'm not into streetracing, nor do I have a crew. And I know I'm getting hazed. I'm just saying I don't care what they say about me. So don't waste time. I try to discuss my car, and I'm far from highschool. Existing residents should show a higher level of maturity then and instead of attacking me and calling me a crackhead, they could be more constructive. Don't pretend like they've shown me some grand gesture of hospitality. But, anyways. If you do ban me, my boyfriend likes talking to you guys so leave him out. And if you guys weren't constantly accusing me of lying about people I know, or if you were nice to me. I'd be nice back.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:28 PM   #15
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

wildfirefly, I don't think I have had any negative comments about you, though I think I asked if you could turn down the chaos a little.

Your first couple Hi and trunk swap posts were fine, but then you hit us with a RANT and a RAVE. You have to admit that made quite a first impression to people who don't know you from Adam except maybe Cody.

Please stay and ask questions and learn about your Subaru, but don't treat us like you BFFs. We don't know you or understand where you are coming from so don't know when you are serious or kidding or what.

Maybe I am just old, but I would ask that you just dial "it" back a bit. Give us wildfirefly at a volume of 1 or 2 instead of what appears to be 8 or 9.

Last edited by Dean; 2009-04-14 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:31 PM   #16
DaveWRX
EJ22

Car: 03 WRB WRX

I'm new and I want to make sure I'm not pissng anyone off, if I am I apologize. I'm trying make myself fit in. I'm probably one of the younger guys here and I appreciate the help u guys have done
DaveWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 01:38 PM   #17
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Yeah we've had a lot of new people sign up lately. It's cool, fresh meat!
Old 2009-04-14, 01:45 PM   #18
DaveWRX
EJ22

I don't have a problem with the hazing cause knowing Subaru owners it's all fun n games. Once u bypass all that there all very helpful in helping you out with whatever problem u may have.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:48 PM   #19
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Pmed^
Old 2009-04-14, 01:50 PM   #20
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWRX View Post
I don't have a problem with the hazing cause knowing Subaru owners it's all fun n games. Once u bypass all that there all very helpful in helping you out with whatever problem u may have.
We especially hate people like U who use text/IM shortcuts as well as those who can't be bothered to use punctuation, capital letters and paragraphs remotely correctly.

Also be real careful of to, too and two. Scott killed a n00b in Barstow for too many of those errors.
Old 2009-04-14, 02:05 PM   #21
DaveWRX
EJ22

Well I'm using an itouch to respond and if my shortened words are upsetting you, I apologize. It's just easier to abreviate, but now knowing it is not liked I will try and make sure my sentences are complete.

Last edited by DaveWRX; 2009-04-14 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2009-04-14, 02:10 PM   #22
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Try a post in all caps. That'll go over wonderfully.
Old 2009-04-14, 02:13 PM   #23
scootyc
EJ18

Car: '08 LGT

Hit it, it's clear!

Getting heavy in here...
scootyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 02:19 PM   #24
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Nah, just cozy.
Old 2009-04-14, 02:28 PM   #25
van
SECCS Brewmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
We especially hate people like U who use text/IM shortcuts as well as those who can't be bothered to use punctuation, capital letters and paragraphs remotely correctly.

Also be real careful of to, too and two. Scott killed a n00b in Barstow for too many of those errors.

I miss your old avatar Kevin
van is offline   Reply With Quote