Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2003-10-23, 09:16 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Semi-local guy missing....

Looks like SolidForce's (from NASIOC) buddy is missing, could be in our area?

check the NASIOC thread... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...0&pagenumber=1
Old 2003-10-23, 09:29 AM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Whoa. I will be sure to keep a eye out....what a weird situation. I wish them the best of luck.
Old 2003-10-23, 09:42 AM   #3
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

well, this news story reminded me of a bad thing I heard about yesterday -- the police were at our office building early afternoon yesterday, after someone found the body of a woman who apparently jumped from the 10th floor of our parking garage. I was horrified because no one knew she was down there for several hours - maybe even from the night before.

You also hear about people who have driven off the road, and don't get found for several days because they can't be seen from the road. I'll pray that something turns up on this guy, and he's alright.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-23, 09:53 AM   #4
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

I found the following on the Las Vegas PD website - thought it was enlightening (especially that you don't need to wait 72 hours before reporting a person missing):
--------
Thousands of American's are reported missing each year in the United States. Here in Las Vegas, an average of 5-7 adult persons are reported missing each day, and more than 200 a month.

Myths still prevail that you must wait up to 72 hours before reporting any person missing. The fact is, there is no waiting period to report a person missing to police. There are also myths that all adult missing persons are the victims of kidnaping, murders or some other criminal act.

The fact is that the vast majority of reported missing persons are found or voluntarily return home within 48-72 hours after being reported.

There are many reasons why a person voluntarily disappears including mental illness, depression, substance abuse, credit problems, abusive relationships, marital discord, and "foul play." The fact is, being a voluntary missing person is not a crime. Any adult person can simply walk away, and choose to ignore family, friends, associates and employers. Because this behavior is not a crime, law enforcement is limited on how they conduct these type investigations. When facts and circumstances indicate a strong possibility of foul play or the disappearance is the result of a criminal act, police will investigate
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote