Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2003-07-23, 01:11 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Scott and JC square off again over the SUV debate!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...0&pagenumber=1

Here we go again!

...and for the record, I got nothing but respect for JC's arguments, he's always logical and on topic (except for that part where he calls me a fool ). I just don't agree with him.
Old 2003-07-23, 01:51 PM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

There are some good arguements in there. I happen to agree with both sides on certain issues.

Overall, I would have to say I dislike the all the idiots on the road, it just happens most of them drive SUV's.
Old 2003-07-23, 02:55 PM   #3
STIwish
EJ251

had to post my thoughts
Old 2003-07-23, 03:26 PM   #4
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

mee too!
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-07-23, 03:41 PM   #5
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

I figured you posted this Scott. A bunch of SECCS folk just happen to wander to the thread, I was like WTH?

JC
Old 2003-07-23, 04:08 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I figured you posted this Scott. A bunch of SECCS folk just happen to wander to the thread, I was like WTH?

JC
heh, gotta get my peeps in on the argument!
Old 2003-07-23, 06:58 PM   #7
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

haha, good stuff, I feel so cool that I was a small topic of discussion in OT...Anyway, What is it you guys do all day? I wish I had time to hang out online all day...oh well.
Old 2003-07-23, 06:59 PM   #8
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

I get sick and don't goto work. :?
Old 2003-07-23, 07:00 PM   #9
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Cool
Old 2003-07-23, 07:37 PM   #10
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

seriously, as soon as i get a real job that lets me get online, it's all over.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-07-23, 10:07 PM   #11
STIwish
EJ251

Working online while drinking beer during the day at work... it doesnt get any better.
Old 2003-07-24, 01:46 AM   #12
nohandsonthewheel
EJ18

for him ... maybe ..... for me it's check this every once in a while .... play on bored.com ..... and field customers that a certain he avoids so that I have to deal with the yelling and screaming. Just wait till the day i'm to sick to answer the friggin phone ..... he'll start siging a different toon.

"I've heard size doesn't matter"
"She lied"
-Wing Commander

Official Member of the NRA (Non Responsible Adult) and CSI (Can't Stand Idiots)
nohandsonthewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-07-29, 02:10 PM   #13
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Speaking of big-ass SUVs with bad drivers....

So, on my way home from lunch I'm getting on 395 Southbound from Del Monte. I'm turning left from the right-hand left turn lane onto the on ramp. On my inside is a Ford Excursion driven by some lady. (Of course she's the only occupant of her 3 ton vehicle, while I've got 3 people in my 3000 lb car )

So getting on the on ramp I easily get in front of her, staying in the right hand lane, while she's in the left. I'm clearly ahead of the Excursion as the on ramp lanes merge into a single lane, and I pull in behind the car that's already on the on ramp.

That's when the lady decides to floor it and run me off the road. There is only *one* lane now, and she drives up on my left. There is no way it wasn't intentional, this bitch of a soccer mom, for whatever reason, has decided to force me off the road. Since I'm not about to tangle with a truck twice as heavy as my car, I have to slam the brakes to fall in behind her.

Now tell me her big-ass SUV didn't have anything to do with that. If she were in a smaller car, I doubt she would have been such an agressive driver, and beleive her car can just run a "little blue subaru" off the road. The really sad part is that she must have believed that her big truck would have protected her if I had decided to let her hit me. In reality, that big ass truck would probably have crushed my car, potentially killing all three of us, but would have also just as likely rolled and killed her as well. Some people don't believe in the laws of physics I guess.

So after giving the bitch the finger... repeatedly. I drove down to South Meadows and exited. Now I'm on the S. Meadows exit ramp, again in the right-hand left turn lane, to make my left turn onto S. Meadows. There's quite a few cars in both lanes making this left turn. On my left is a Mercades SUV. You know how the rule goes, left lane into left lane, right lane into right lane, right? Well Mr. SUV pulls a left into right, and forces me to escape to the 3rd and far right lane. Luckily I'm always looking out for this kinda of shit driving, and I had a lane to move into.

On one hand you might be able to blame the SUV's lack of visibility, thinking that my lane was open... but considering the 10 other cars in that lane, they should assume there might be a car there already. Not to mention that you're simply suppost to turn into your own goddam lane.

The fucking world's out to get me today. Time to go order my Hella SuperTone horns.... the next fucker that tries to run me off the road is losing some hearing.
Old 2003-07-29, 03:40 PM   #14
ArthurS
EJ207

SUV soccer-moms are suck.

and

{She was probably on her cell-phone and doing her make-up}
Old 2003-07-29, 03:47 PM   #15
ArthurS
EJ207

Oh Oh......

I also can't wait till these start rolling around town....

and

Old 2003-07-29, 04:51 PM   #16
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

I feel like putting a 48" lift on the Cherokee, throwing on some huge mudder tires, dropping a Chevy 350 in it and running over some small blue Subarus after reading this thread... :wink:

Hell I'm almost there already even with a stock Jeep...

I've had a Prelude rear-end me and peel his hood back halfway to his windshield on my trailer hitch before... after exchanging info and watching him nearly cry as he looked over his wrecked car, I drove away with a little bit of white paint on the hitch.
Old 2003-07-29, 05:01 PM   #17
STIwish
EJ251

Art.. Unimogs are my fav offroad vehicle.. they are seriously bulletproof.. portal axles and the whole 9, however they arent exactly SUVs.. they are serious workhorses that are geared like tractors and can go through or up just about anything. If you didnt know, the Mercedes G-Wagen is based off a smaller Unimog... and it can get hit with a 12 gauge slug and not leave a mark
Old 2003-07-29, 05:34 PM   #18
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIwish
Art.. Unimogs are my fav offroad vehicle.. they are seriously bulletproof.. portal axles and the whole 9, however they arent exactly SUVs.. they are serious workhorses that are geared like tractors and can go through or up just about anything. If you didnt know, the Mercedes G-Wagen is based off a smaller Unimog... and it can get hit with a 12 gauge slug and not leave a mark
Oh yea, those 2 in the picture look like they are about to take that sucker out mobbing....

If you see the picture, they are trying to make it look like the ML. A luxery SUV for the elite. Now, if it had a pic of it in the forest or mud or something, different story.
Old 2003-07-29, 05:44 PM   #19
STIwish
EJ251

I think they were joking
Old 2003-07-29, 06:03 PM   #20
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIwish
I think they were joking
They might be in the picture, but imagine if it did come to the states. This is exactly the type of crap people would be using it for. Some rich guys wife will buy one because she thinks it makes her safe from all the 'bad' drivers on the road. Although, she may be a 'bad' driver, and now she has a tank to hit people with.

Grant it that some will use it for its intended purpose, but I feel most wouldn't. For example, look at all the H2's driving around. Every now and then look at the driver. Most of the ones I have seen are mid-aged females. I don't think they use the H2 as their work horse.

All IMO.
Old 2003-07-29, 06:20 PM   #21
STIwish
EJ251

Heh, the Unimog was meant for many things... troop transports into rough terrain.. supply carrier into hostile environments.. (the main buyers for most of the Unimogs that come off the assembly line are South American Foresters who use the vehicles to haul crews and supplies to strip the rainforest and then the trees out... I've never driven one, but i have been in one.. and there is NO refinement in a Mog.. stupid soccer moms.. FUCK THEM!!
Old 2003-07-29, 07:19 PM   #22
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

If they sell Unimogs in the US under the guise of an SUV, and if it's considered street legal, I'm buying a fucking Sherman tank. Litterally. I will fucking buy a goddam tank, take the turret off it and make a 40 ton "SUV" of my own. Tanks have just as much right to the streets as a Unimog... If it's gonna be an arms race I'm fucking pre-emptively striking and building the biggest, heaviest goddam thing EVER. I'm talking 80,000 pounds, 5 gallons per mile, top speed of 35 mph. They will have to fucking follow me around town with a paving crew, I'm gonna wreck so much shop. Fuck approach angles, I will drive THRU hills! ...and houses, and campers, and immigrant families, and fucking UNIMOGS. I will get on the freeway and drive down the center of the road, asphault splashing off my treads like puddled water, Hondas bouncing off my armor like moths on a windshield. I will exceed the height of every overpass, and tear them down as I drive underneith. Fuck overpasses, I don't need them! They couldn't even hold my tank anyway. If I need to drive over the freeway, I will just DRIVE OVER THE FUCKING FREEWAY. I will not park in the designated lots, I will do donuts there and leave a barren wasteland of mangled "compact" and "handicapped" spots, then just drive my tank through the front of the establishment I am patronizing. If I go to the drive through, I will rip the side off the building and make them cook my burger on the blazing hot exhaust pipes sticking out of the side of my tank. When I put my tank in gear it will buck so hard that siezmic equipment in california registers it. The roar from my turbo desiel's straight pipes will be so loud, I will single handedly keep hundreds of glass installers in business in the city of Reno alone. I will ALWAYS be on my cell phone and eating RED FUCKING MEAT while I'm driving, and I will never pay attention to where I'm going because I DON'T FUCKING HAVE TO. My license plate will read "SHIVA" for I will be the fucking DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

Old 2003-07-29, 09:45 PM   #23
STIwish
EJ251

ROFLOL!!!! that is the greatest outburst i've heard in a while... VERY good idea!!!
Old 2003-07-29, 10:32 PM   #24
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

yah, I'm pretty tired of the whole SUV thing.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-07-29, 11:27 PM   #25
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I will ALWAYS be on my cell phone and eating RED FUCKING MEAT while I'm driving, and I will never pay attention to where I'm going because I DON'T FUCKING HAVE TO. My license plate will read "SHIVA" for I will be the fucking DESTROYER OF WORLDS.
Hella NASIOC drama included in the rant. Excellent though.