Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-03-08, 04:59 PM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default Sighting - Ferrari F40

Gawd, that thing is sooooo beautiful. I was driving along McCarren and Lakeside, and I was stopped at the light and just got to see it drive by. The sound was awsome. :shock:

I know I could go dig into the internet, but how much do those cost to buy? I remembering them not being cheap, like as or more expensive then new ferrari's.
Old 2003-03-09, 11:22 AM   #2
ZER026D
EJ251

Car: 01 is300 / 87 rx4
Class: ?

drive fast take chances

I know the F50 is like $500.000 so I bet there around $200.000-350.000
ZER026D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-09, 05:30 PM   #3
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Ferrari F40: 1987-1992

Engine:
Longitudinal, mid-mounted 90° V8, light alloy cylinder block and head

Bore & Stroke:
82 x 69.5 mm

Unitary and Total Displacement:
367/2,936 cc

Compression Ratio:
7.8:1

Max. Power Output:
478 bhp at 7,000 rpm; 163 bhp/litre

Timing Gear:
4 valves per cylinder, twin overhead camshaft per cylinder bank

Fuel Feed:
2 IHI turbos with heat exchanger, Weber-Marelli electronic injection

Ignition:
Weber-Marelli IAW electronic

Transmission:
Dry twin-plate clutch, 5-speed gearbox + reverse, ZF limited-slip differential

Chassis:
Tubular steel and composites

Front Suspension:
Independent, double wishbones, coil springs, co-axial Koni dampers, anti-roll bars

Rear Suspension:
Independent, double wishbones, coil springs, co-axial Koni dampers, anti-roll bars

Brakes:
Ventilated discs

Steering:
Rack and pinion

Cooling System:
1 front radiator

Length:
4430 mm

Width:
1980 mm

Height:
1130 mm

Wheelbase and Front/ Rear Track:
2,450/1,594/1,610 mm

Dry Weight:
1,100 kg

Front Tyres:
245-40 ZR 17

Rear Tyres:
335-35 ZR 17

Fuel Tank:
120 litres

Top Speed:
324 km/h

I love Ferrari's web site! http://www.ferrari.it/cgi-bin/fworld...GT&CAR_ID=F_40

http://www.ferrari-forsale.com/F40

Originally $415K, now you can get 'em for under $60k... or so that site says... I'll bet you can't find one at any price but once every 10 years.
Old 2003-03-09, 07:09 PM   #4
ShawnS
EJ251

Car: 1995 S14 Zenki
Default Second sighting!

I saw today! At the intersection of Neil Rd. and McCarren. It was going to the Mall. It's nice, but owning it would be like wearing a gold chain where ever you go.
Old 2003-03-10, 02:11 AM   #5
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through
Default Re: Second sighting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lude
I saw today! At the intersection of Neil Rd. and McCarren. It was going to the Mall. It's nice, but owning it would be like wearing a gold chain where ever you go.
Okay, I've never street raced... but if this guy lined up next to me.. I'd totally rev on him. Just to see him dump that clutch!! Then I'd carefully pull away from the line nice and gradma like.

I wonder if I could take a 15 year old Ferrari... prolly not... but an '88 Countach (0 - 100 kph (62 mph): 5.0 sec) now that would be a good race!

Man, 0-62 in 5sec? That's pretty bad for 455bhp.

Counatch specs: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/G...faq/specs.html
Old 2003-03-10, 07:50 AM   #6
ArthurS
EJ207

Default Re: Second sighting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I wonder if I could take a 15 year old Ferrari... prolly not... but an '88 Countach (0 - 100 kph (62 mph): 5.0 sec) now that would be a good race!

Man, 0-62 in 5sec? That's pretty bad for 455bhp.

Counatch specs: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/G...faq/specs.html
True....but when you see it drive down the street, it turns everyones heads.
Old 2003-03-10, 09:44 AM   #7
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

I think you would be right there with him maybe reading his licence plate but you know people who dont know these cars think that where slow. Like this guy in his Cobra before I crashed my car I was just sitting at the light he pulls up and starts to rev I have my roomate and another friend in there with my trunk full. Anyway since I had about 500-600 extra pounds in my car when I lanched the clutch slipped so bad but even though it slipped I took the guy till around 85-90 then let off and let him pass. So thats my proof that over powerd rwd cars kind of suck in my book oh yeah he had himself and his 100 pound girl friend in there.
Old 2003-03-10, 12:02 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER026D
I think you would be right there with him maybe reading his licence plate but you know people who dont know these cars think that where slow. Like this guy in his Cobra before I crashed my car I was just sitting at the light he pulls up and starts to rev I have my roomate and another friend in there with my trunk full. Anyway since I had about 500-600 extra pounds in my car when I lanched the clutch slipped so bad but even though it slipped I took the guy till around 85-90 then let off and let him pass. So thats my proof that over powerd rwd cars kind of suck in my book oh yeah he had himself and his 100 pound girl friend in there.
You talking Mustang, or Shelby Cobra replica? If it was a Mustang, chances are it was a "fake" cobra... like a GT w/ cobra badges and stuff (*cough* Autin... rims.... *cough* ). Most real Mustang Cobra owners don't race cuz they're old men... lol. On the other hand, a Shelby Cobra has a ton of power/torque, but crap for traction (by today's standards). Usually a Subaru will take a Cobra off the line, but get eaten up by the high-end of the Cobra's V8. (Actually that's true for Mustang Cobras too....)

Just a reminder, for those who haven't noticed the threads out there about the kid that just killed himself street racing his RSX..... keep it on the track!! The chance of "massive head trauma, resiprators and finally death" aren't worth finding out who's faster on the street when the same test could be run at a strip.
Old 2003-03-10, 12:09 PM   #9
ArthurS
EJ207

Yea I read that whole thread on clubrsx.com. That is a sad day for sure. I feel bad for his friends and family.

Not to sound cruel, but he was 17 and a junior in highschool with a modded rsx. Mix those and you get trouble.

I did print out that whole thread. I will re-read it every now and then just to keep away from the urge to do something as stupid as street-racing. I don't want to put my family in the same situation.
Old 2003-03-10, 12:20 PM   #10
ZER026D
EJ251

drive fast take chances

That is real shity I dont like hearing that thats why I dont street race the only reason I let this guy have it is cause he was siting there reving. I had to do somthing it was late there was no cars on the road my roomate was like take him so hu you know the rest. :wink:
Old 2003-03-10, 12:21 PM   #11
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Hey, I only have 98' Cobra rims cause I think they're the best looking rims on SN-95 mustangs... I haven't gone and put all the snake badges on it or anything (lame). I might get 95' Cobra-R's to race on next year too just because they're 9" wide and a good deal pricewise. I need the extra rubber to get that 3500lbs to stick better during events. It's gonna be either that or Konig Villians probably, whichever 17x9 is cheaper.
Old 2003-03-10, 12:46 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Hey, I only have 98' Cobra rims cause I think they're the best looking rims on SN-95 mustangs... I haven't gone and put all the snake badges on it or anything (lame). I might get 95' Cobra-R's to race on next year too just because they're 9" wide and a good deal pricewise. I need the extra rubber to get that 3500lbs to stick better during events. It's gonna be either that or Konig Villians probably, whichever 17x9 is cheaper.
your goat. gotten.