Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2004-07-27, 08:55 AM   #1
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L
Default My introduction...

Since I found the "first impression" thread so amusing I figured I should introduce myself. My name is Tim, and I'm from Carson City. I'm not a Subaru guy, but I hope to be. I'm the next worse thing to the Honda boys actually, a DSM guy. I know, I know, your dont have to reem me for my car of choice. What can I say, DSMs are the cars I hate to love. I just sold my 95 Eagle Talon TSi and now I am looking to sell my 92 Galant VR-4 (http://www.seccs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1754). I guess I want out of the DSM game.

My short background with cars begins when I was 15, the first time I got under the hood of my step-dads 69 stingray. Then when I turned 16, he let me drive it. I was hooked from there on. I loved V8 cars in the begining for their endless gobs of torque but then I got into turbocharged four cylinders. I got my first DSM at the age of 17, a 91 Eagle Talon TSi. That car didnt last long, about two months to be exact. I bought it in Texas and while driving it back with Bobby (a board member here) the transfer case locked up on the freeway going 85 miles an hour. We ended up safely on the side of the road after an amazing display of driving , ah thank you! Bobby thought I was going to flip the car so he took it upon himself to open the door while in the slide and jump out. He only suffered minor road rash, what a stud. So, that was the demise of that car. Six months later I got my 95 talon and babbied the shit out of it. I loved that car so much. It ended up getting lightly modified with an Evo III exhaust manifold and a "Big" T-28 from Forced Performance. I could take WRXs after the slight modifications, so I was happy. One sad day I was screaming up Spooner and the the car got hot, and burnt some valves. That was the demise of that car. So now I have this little Honda to get me around and the Galant was supposed to be a fixer-upper.

Ive met a few of you at the Bullys meets in Reno. You guys are a cool bunch and I love your cars. One day I hope to have the curse of DSMs lifted from me and be blessed with a Subaru. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help/advice and showing me yet another board for me to waste time at.
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 09:52 AM   #2
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM
Default Re: My introduction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libila
I'm not a Subaru guy, but I hope to be. I'm the next worse thing to the Honda boys actually, a DSM guy.
Not all of us own Subarus. Welcome to the group.
Old 2004-07-27, 09:55 AM   #3
Bob Danger
Tape Terrorist

Car: ?
Class: Retired!

Warning: Prolonged eye contact may cause insanity

thats one of the many reasons they call me bob danger, and dude the only time you beat me was from a roll, and you where slowly pulling on me, but you where still pulling on me, so kudos.
Old 2004-07-27, 10:07 AM   #4
Libila
EJ205

Pulled up to you, through you, and ahead of you. Sucka bitch.
Old 2004-07-27, 10:14 AM   #5
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM
Default Re: My introduction...

Quote:
Bobby thought I was going to flip the car so he took it upon himself to open the door while in the slide and jump out.
I'm not sure how anyone could ever consider jumping out of a vehicle moving at highway speeds a good idea. :shock: But that's just me...
Old 2004-07-27, 10:15 AM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Pulled up to you, through you, and ahead of you. Sucka bitch.
I certainly hope you guys were out at RFR's strip.

http://www.seccs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168

...we've already had stuff like this get out of hand around here before. The street racing and shit talking gets old quick.
Old 2004-07-27, 10:37 AM   #7
Libila
EJ205

I know, street racing is bad. We have a specific road for it on the rare occasions we do it. Also, the shit talking is all in fun. Bobby is my best friend, just to straighten that up since we do it alot.
Old 2004-07-27, 10:41 AM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
I know, street racing is bad. We have a specific road for it on the rare occasions we do it. Also, the shit talking is all in fun. Bobby is my best friend, just to straighten that up since we do it alot.
I understand. I just wanted to bring it up, since experience says that stuff can get out of hand.
Old 2004-07-27, 10:51 AM   #9
Libila
EJ205

I totally understand, and agree.
Old 2004-07-27, 01:16 PM   #10
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
I understand. I just wanted to bring it up, since experience says that stuff can get out of hand.
Ya because no one here, especially me, talks shit.

JC
Old 2004-07-27, 01:21 PM   #11
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Ya because no one here, especially me, talks shit.

JC
It's not the shit talking that's the problem, it's the "I beat you on McCarran!" "No you didn't, let's run again!" type stuff that I'm trying to avoid... we don't need another person losing their license for going 100+ on Virginia... or worse.