Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2010-02-26, 09:25 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Dear douchbag in the silver Genesis Coupe

Next time you pull up to the stop sign at Veterans/Steamboat next to 2 other cars that are all already waiting for their turn to go, chances are the car they're waiting on is in the intersection. So you probably shouldn't just roll the sign and pull into the intersection yourself.

But I did enjoy the middle finger you gave me even though you were the one in the wrong. It was pleasant reassurance that you are the douchebag you appear to be, since I've seen you before around south Reno driving too fast and running yellow/red lights at S. Meadows/Double R.

When you wrap that car mommy and daddy bought you around a tree I'll just smile and nod, you know, like I did when you were giving me the finger this morning.
Old 2010-02-26, 09:52 AM   #2
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

That gaylord almost hit me, and I was already in the intersection before he even got close to the stop line.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 10:40 AM   #3
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

That guy totally street raced me once.

In my truck.
Old 2010-02-26, 01:27 PM   #4
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Yeah, but that's a racing truck. It's built for mad drifting, son. Easy mistake to make.
Old 2010-03-02, 09:09 AM   #5
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

There's some guy that I've seen frequently on my commute home that drives a Durango.. and has absolutely no regard for speed limits or reasonable driving. I've never seen anything like it with such regularity. I mean like tailgating, weaving in & out, splitting 2-lane traffic three wide and then flooring it up to 90-100mph as soon as he gets any clear road. This is on a stoplight & cop infested highway, too.. I don't know how he hasn't been arrested yet. Every time he goes blazing by I have the urge to jerk the wheel and hit him in the quarterpanel to spin him out..

RUMSFELD!

Last edited by AtomicLabMonkey; 2010-03-02 at 09:13 AM.
AtomicLabMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 10:02 AM   #6
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey View Post
There's some guy that I've seen frequently on my commute home that drives a Durango.. and has absolutely no regard for speed limits or reasonable driving. I've never seen anything like it with such regularity. I mean like tailgating, weaving in & out, splitting 2-lane traffic three wide and then flooring it up to 90-100mph as soon as he gets any clear road. This is on a stoplight & cop infested highway, too.. I don't know how he hasn't been arrested yet.
I wonder if you answered your own question. Maybe he is a cop.

No offense intended to our resident CHP officer who is uber cautious at least when he was nice enough to give me a ride.

But not all cops are created equal, and there are bound to be a few that believe they are above the law.

Heck, how many times have you been passed by a marked car going at least 5-10 over? As far as I know, unless they are lights and sirens, they have to obey the same traffic laws we do.
Old 2010-03-02, 10:11 AM   #7
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey View Post
There's some guy that I've seen frequently on my commute home that drives a Durango.. and has absolutely no regard for speed limits or reasonable driving. I've never seen anything like it with such regularity. I mean like tailgating, weaving in & out, splitting 2-lane traffic three wide and then flooring it up to 90-100mph as soon as he gets any clear road. This is on a stoplight & cop infested highway, too.. I don't know how he hasn't been arrested yet. Every time he goes blazing by I have the urge to jerk the wheel and hit him in the quarterpanel to spin him out..

RUMSFELD!
Call the highway patrol and report his license plate? Once you're on a 1st name basis with dispatch for calling the dude in so many times, they might specifically hunt his ass down.
Old 2010-03-02, 11:45 AM   #8
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Have you guys seen when the "amber alert" signs on the freeway say, "Report unsafe driving. Dial *NHP"? Does that really work on all cell phones?

This thread is full of win BTW.

I'm usually the douchbag on your ass when your going the speed limit in the fast lane of a 4 lane freeway. I need a windshield banner that says, "Hey Ass Face, Slower Traffic Keep Right!".

This looks like fun: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/ele...d138/?cpg=125H
Old 2010-03-02, 11:52 AM   #9
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
Have you guys seen when the "amber alert" signs on the freeway say, "Report unsafe driving. Dial *NHP"? Does that really work on all cell phones?

This thread is full of win BTW.

I'm usually the douchbag on your ass when your going the speed limit in the fast lane of a 4 lane freeway. I need a windshield banner that says, "Hey Ass Face, Slower Traffic Keep Right!".

This looks like fun: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/ele...d138/?cpg=125H
Back in college, there was a guy I'd see on a regular basis driving 101 between SLO and the Bay Area in a 3rd gen MR2 with ">>>>>> SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT >>>>>>" in backwards letters as a windshield banner.
Old 2010-03-02, 11:56 AM   #10
van
SECCS Brewmeister

Quote:

]
The other day the sign on 395 said "Report Aggressive Drivers". WTF
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 12:03 PM   #11
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Oh yah, I think that's what it actually said, now that you mention it.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:13 PM   #12
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Back in college, there was a guy I'd see on a regular basis driving 101 between SLO and the Bay Area in a 3rd gen MR2 with ">>>>>> SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT >>>>>>" in backwards letters as a windshield banner.
I would totally rock that banner.
Old 2010-03-02, 12:40 PM   #13
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I would totally rock that banner.
I thought about it until I realized what would happen if I were pulled over for going 100mph with that banner on the car. There'd be no way I'd talk myself out of a reckless ticket... when most cops are willing to just give you a 75 in a 65 ticket rather than have to deal with impounding your car.

Really, on that highway, it's rare you need people to move over unless you're going over 90... so the banner was only going to make stupid actions have bigger consequences.
Old 2010-03-02, 02:03 PM   #14
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Really, on that highway, it's rare you need people to move over unless you're going over 90... so the banner was only going to make stupid actions have bigger consequences.
In my experience there are a ton of individuals perfectly happy to go the speed limit or maybe 5 over in the fast lane with nobody in front of them with me in tow. They often like to pace traffic in the slower lane next to them making it impossible to pass. I don't freak out or get upset or even tailgate usually. It is what it is.
Old 2010-03-02, 03:35 PM   #15
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

On a 3+ lane (in one direction), I don't really care so much, as long as there is a path threw the idiots. In fact I like the right lane so I can see up on-ramps in my side mirror.

On 2 or 1 lane in each direction, I am a bit more militant except on 80 over the pass where the right lane sucks. If I am forced to go around the right because somebody won't move over, I will often make a point of moving in front of them after the pass; not too close, but quick enough to remind them that somebody else is on the road. They often get the hint and move over.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who do not use turnouts on 1 lane (each direction) roads. With most of the passing lanes having been removed over the years due to idiots failing passes and getting in accidents, I am flashing lights well before each turnout, and if you don't use it, you get the horn on the next one, or first one if long enough. I wish this was enforced more.
Old 2010-03-04, 02:48 PM   #16
TrueNative
EJ18

Car: 05 cgm STi

Quote:
In my experience there are a ton of individuals perfectly happy to go the speed limit or maybe 5 over in the fast lane with nobody in front of them with me in tow. They often like to pace traffic in the slower lane next to them making it impossible to pass. I don't freak out or get upset or even tailgate usually. It is what it is.
These are the same people who ride the left lane until about 100 feet from the exit they need to get off at, and either jam on the brakes to get over, or just drive diagonally through all other lanes.

I love it when someone who wont move out of the fast lane, comes across another someone who wont move out of the fast lane.
TrueNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 03:03 PM   #17
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Haha, Karma's a bitch.
Old 2010-03-04, 03:29 PM   #18
Bob Danger
Tape Terrorist

Car: ?
Class: Retired!

Warning: Prolonged eye contact may cause insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNative View Post
I love it when someone who wont move out of the fast lane, comes across another someone who wont move out of the fast lane.
One of Zeno's paradoxes?