Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-02-01, 02:17 AM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default Hit and Run Mother F***ker

Well, as of 9:30 pm tonight, I was a victim of hit and run. I was at the 4th turn sports bar having a beer, when suddenly everyone started to look out the window and then run outside. Of course fearing my car had been hit, I ran outside also. Problem was, my car was the one hit.

They bar folks said that it was a 1975-76 Blazer, Tan and white. It was being drivin by a couple that had been at the bar. No one got a plate # or their names.

Long story short, I now have to file a police report tomorrow morning, and pay the deductible to get my car fixed. Thankfully the deductable is only 250$ cause this is going to be a easy 2k job to fix.

There is a basketball sized hole in the rear left bumper, along with a busted taillight. He hit me going so fast in reverse, that it literally pushed my car over about 3 feet, which makes me fear my alignment. I went a bought a disposable camera and tooks pictures of the scene before I drove the car home.

I am basically fuming, since I just had finished repairing my front bumper. The person could have had the balls to stay and suffer the cost of his actions. But like a coward, he ran away. I will track him down someday, and about 50 people at they bar are looking for him now.

The night was going so well, (of course it happens the night I was on a date), and the night ended well. The only problem is the hit and run. Well thanks for letting my rant on. I have to go punch a hole in a wall somewhere or something.

Arthur
ArthurS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-01, 02:18 AM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

I will be sure to post all the pics once I develope the pictures. I will take some tomorrow also with the digicam.
Old 2003-02-01, 09:30 AM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Old 2003-02-01, 01:41 PM   #4
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Goddam Asshole mother F'er.
Arthur, that is totally shitty. Man, It never ceases to amaze me how very few people there are that own up to their actions. I'm bummed for you man, I hope the fix is quick and easy.
MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-01, 03:21 PM   #5
ArthurS
EJ207

Thanks. It should be fairly quick, unless alignment was damaged. I filied the claim today and have to come up with the 500.00$ to pay that. It was just so unexpected. Right when I get the front bumper fixed, this happens.
Old 2003-02-01, 05:36 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

After seeing the pics, I'll bet your alignment is fine... at least, not damaged, it might need to be adjusted.

It looks like the hit was pretty well away from the suspension, so any damage would have to have been done by the car getting pushed on the ground. Since spinning out a car doesn't normally damage the suspension, you're prolly fine. Plus Subaru's (Especially Imprezas) have some of the strongest and well designed suspension parts due to their rally heritage.

The worst part of this is the assholes just drove off. What fucking little bitches. Take responsibility for your actions!! I swear, this is becoming endemic to the US... Enron, WorldCom, AOL, Lithia's service dept, Buggy Bath Car Wash, that retard at Burger King that put pickles on my burger after we had a 2 minute discussion about not wanting pickles... and now assholes in SUVs.

I hope the cops find these people.
Old 2003-02-01, 05:56 PM   #7
ArthurS
EJ207

It totally sucks. Thank god everyone at the bar were so cooperative. They all happily gave me their names and numbers for the police report. They all tried to get the plate # also, but the bar windows are tinited, so no one got it in time.

I will look into that body shop on monday. If my insurance accepts them, Ill be sure to go there. I sure as hell am not going anywhere near lithia.
Old 2003-02-02, 07:36 AM   #8
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

DAMN, That Fu@ken sucks man ..I too am sorry ..and YES !!!!!!!!! COWARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!! but atleast You filed a police report and have insurance!!! and most importantly, you or your date weren't HURT ...

Again I am sorry

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-03, 12:27 PM   #9
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

That is shitty man... they probably ran because the driver was drunk. If they had stayed around for the cops to show up the guy probably would have been arrested for DUI, so that's why they split. Course, now if they're caught they'll get arrested for hit-and-run. Geniuses...
Old 2003-02-03, 02:00 PM   #10
BOO
EJ205

This is true !! they were probably Drunk !!!
Ohh!!! and by the way.. I JUST RECEIVED IN THE MAIL MY 2004 BROCHURE OF THE WRX/STi line up !!! You guys gotta see it !!!

GC,GD,GM
Old 2003-02-03, 02:04 PM   #11
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO
This is true !! they were probably Drunk !!!
Ohh!!! and by the way.. I JUST RECEIVED IN THE MAIL MY 2004 BROCHURE OF THE WRX/STi line up !!! You guys gotta see it !!!
You better scan that!!
Old 2003-02-04, 04:53 PM   #12
ZER026D
EJ251

Car: 01 is300 / 87 rx4
Class: ?

drive fast take chances

welcome to my club that sucks sorry to here that another one bites the dust
ZER026D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-02-04, 04:59 PM   #13
ArthurS
EJ207

Yea it does suck. My car is getting hurt to often. I go tomorrow morning to have the insurance ajuster give me a estimate and a check to take to whatever body shop I want to. (I should just keep the check and get a aftermarket rear bumper and taillight and get it painted and install it myself. That way I can keep all the excess cash! )
Old 2003-02-05, 09:48 AM   #14
ArthurS
EJ207

Well, I got the estimate today for around 1,200$ to fix the bumper and taillight. The actually just cut me a check at the place. The problem is I have to go to a pro-shop that is recommended by Allstate. If I go to a pro-shop the work is gaurenteed and warrentied through Allstate.

Here are some they listed, wanted to know if any of you have had any work done at any of these:

*Pro Body & Frame Inc.
*Paramount Auto Body
*Lee's Auto Body Inc.
*Jackson & Farmer Inc.
*Grove Street Auto Body Inc.

The rest are in Carson and other cities. These are the ones in Reno. Thanks.
Old 2003-02-05, 10:01 AM   #15
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

You can go wherever you'd like. You pay insurance so you can get your car fixed the way you want right?

The insurance companies just have deals with those body shops... the shop charges the ins. company a lower rate in exhange for the ins. company "recommending" their shop. The "guarentee" is moot, *any* shop should stand behind their work, if they don't then you don't want to go there.

I'd still recommend Shaber Ave Auto Body, since Bruce is the bomb, that guy knows his shit... he's been in the business at least 40 years. It might be too late tho, since insurance usually only gives you a check if you've agreed to one of their recommended shops, otherwise the write a check to you and the body shop. It's less hassle that way, but I don't know about the quality of those shops. Plus Shaver Ave is expensive... $1200 prolly wouldn't cover it!

Chances are, any of those shops will do a decent job, or they wouldn't be in business w/ the insurance company. I doubt AllState works with shady shops. I just figure, if my insurance is paying for it, get the best quality job available.
Old 2003-02-05, 10:07 AM   #16
BOO
EJ205

exactly.. I have been in wrecks and you can take it to whom ever you wish to .. you arent tied to one place just because they say so ... that's Nevada law..you CAN take your vehicle to where ever your heart desires man .. dont be stuck to just what they tell you ...

GC,GD,GM
Old 2003-02-05, 10:11 AM   #17
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

you might just wanna call Shaber and see if Bruce can take care of it for under the $1200 the ins. gave you? Maybe he'll be able to do it for like $1000? Hehe, prolly not, but a quote's free!

Here's Shaber Ave's info, just in case you wanna check it out:

Shaber Ave. Auto Body
1626 Shaver Ave.
Sparks, NV 89431

Bruce Monson Owner
775 355 1261
Old 2003-02-05, 10:17 AM   #18
ArthurS
EJ207

That is true. If Shaber is to much more expensive, I don't know if the insurance will pay for it. The estimate what it costs and pay for that, but if Shaber charges more for their excellent work, then it may not be covered. I will call them or swing my car by this morning.
Old 2003-02-05, 10:20 AM   #19
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
That is true. If Shaber is to much more expensive, I don't know if the insurance will pay for it. The estimate what it costs and pay for that, but if Shaber charges more for their excellent work, then it may not be covered. I will call them or swing my car by this morning.
No, they'll cover it, but they'll want to send an asjuster out to look at the damage and talk to Bruce (and try to talk his price down a little). Bascically, they have to protect themselves from people that pretend to have damage, then get money for a "repair" at their buddy's shop.

The estimate for my hood/fender was like $980 from Shaber... he ended up doing it for like $850 after the adjuster talked to him.
Old 2003-02-05, 10:40 AM   #20
ArthurS
EJ207

I called Bruce and Ill swing by around lunch time to get a time to go in. I am going to swing by one other place also and see how much the differnce is in price.
Old 2003-02-13, 04:37 PM   #21
ArthurS
EJ207

Default UPDATE !!!!!

Wel here is some good news. One of the girls I was with that night at the bar happens to work at Scolari's in Caughlin Ranch. She was a witness of my car being hit. It turns out that the people that hit my car went up there to go shopping. She ran outside while they were in line and got their plate number for me. So now I have a description, several witnesses, and a plate number. (I bet the police still won't do anything).

Now I hopefully can bring them to court or the police can press charges or whatever. I just want my 500.00$ back from my deductable. Plus my car doesn't get fixed until March 3rd.

On a good note, getting my wheels in on the 5th or so. Now I have to go get the tires and a alignment, and I will be all set to go.
Old 2003-02-13, 04:43 PM   #22
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through
Default Re: UPDATE !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
Wel here is some good news. One of the girls I was with that night at the bar happens to work at Scolari's in Caughlin Ranch. She was a witness of my car being hit. It turns out that the people that hit my car went up there to go shopping. She ran outside while they were in line and got their plate number for me. So now I have a description, several witnesses, and a plate number. (I bet the police still won't do anything).

Now I hopefully can bring them to court or the police can press charges or whatever. I just want my 500.00$ back from my deductable. Plus my car doesn't get fixed until March 3rd.

On a good note, getting my wheels in on the 5th or so. Now I have to go get the tires and a alignment, and I will be all set to go.
Thanks awesome dude... hopefully you can get some justice on those tools. Bravo to your friend for being heads up enuf to recognize those people and get a plate number!!

Hey, did you get those springs from SubyDude too? That car's gonna look SICK on those SDRs... those are some slick rims... and I've yet to see 'em in Reno!
Old 2003-02-20, 10:16 PM   #23
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

I split the SDR vs Formel conversation into its own thread.
Old 2003-02-20, 10:26 PM   #24
ArthurS
EJ207

Good thinking.
Old 2003-03-07, 06:03 PM   #25
ArthurS
EJ207

Okay finally my car has been finished. Here are the finished pics. Since they did scratch my car (Which the fixed of course, and I can't even notice were they did it at) they re-waxed and buffed my car for free. Here are the pics:

And

-------------

The only thing that the body shop messed up was that they lost my windsheild wiper little cap thingy. This piece: