Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2003-08-21, 10:46 AM   #1
GarySheehan
EJ22

Never let the driver work on the car...
Default PR: Sheehan Motor Racing Shocks the Competition with DMS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 21, 2003

Sheehan Motor Racing Shocks the Competition with DMS

Martinez, CA: Sheehan Motor Racing proudly announces Drummond Motor Sports’ (DMS) support of their Subaru WRX entry in the 2003 U.S. Touring Car Championship.

Sheehan Motor Racing is now using DMS’s race proven 50mm Giant Strut. The double adjustable 50mm shock absorber has one of the largest pistons available in a shock absorber in the world. This gives superior control and more precise tuning due to larger displacement and pressure areas, providing the higher damping capabilities that severe rally and race competition requires.

The shocks have already proven themselves during the 4th round of the US Touring Car Championship at the new Reno-Fernley racetrack. Without any prior testing time, the Subaru WRX was right on pace in the very first session of the weekend using the DMS recommended settings. They also proved to be extremely durable by easily surviving a violent off-track excursion that bent both front wheels and a control arm. The car remained competitive and was even able to challenge for the lead despite the damage, ultimately finishing the race in second place.

“I’ve got to say I am very impressed with these DMS struts,” said Gary Sheehan, the team’s driver. “We’ve had no testing time on these shocks and right out of the box they were a noticeable improvement. The car is already significantly more predictable, which makes it easier for me to drive at the limit. Once we get some solid testing on these struts, I think their adjustability and precision are going to give us a huge advantage over the competition.”

“DMS has always enjoyed motorsports and is proud to help up and coming drivers wherever we can,” said Mark Moore, Managing Director of DMS North America. “The teamSMR Subaru WRX driven by Gary is an ideal candiate for us to test and hopefully bring our Tarmac Races setups to the next level that will become the industry standard by which other companies are then measured. teamSMR is quite enthusiastic and show lots of promise for the remainder of the season. We are already looking forward to next year.”

Drummond Motor Sports is a top racing shock absorber manufacturer based in Australia with extensive experience in rally and circuit racing suspension. Created in 1985 After many years of dedication to quality development and production, the DMS product range has grown to facilitate not only the elite levels of motor sport but also to cover the enthusiast and newly released suspension systems for the passenger vehicle market place. DMS North America is the North American distributor of all DMS products. For more information, visit their website at www.dmsnorthamerica.com.

For more information, please contact:

Gary Sheehan
Team Manager
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com
GarySheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-21, 12:17 PM   #2
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Another great sponsor, Congrats!
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-21, 02:04 PM   #3
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

What were you using before?

JC
Old 2003-08-21, 02:43 PM   #4
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

More importantly, can you get us a deal on our own DMS?

I could probably live with the 40mm... Almost mought a used set on ebay, but to high a reserve...
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-21, 04:29 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Dean, you don't want the 50's... unless you don't mind constantly rebuilding them. Rumor has it, they really are track only, and need to be cleaned/inspected/rebuilt after each event.... at least that's true with the rally versions.

The DMS Golds are the streetable ones, but rumor has it, they're not the best for autocross... don't ask me why tho, I've never heard a good reason for that rumor.

Gary, what's your maintenence schedule on those 50s?
Old 2003-08-22, 07:45 AM   #6
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
The DMS Golds are the streetable ones, but rumor has it, they're not the best for autocross... don't ask me why tho, I've never heard a good reason for that rumor.
Ask for strut/shock dyno data and see if you can find out.