Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2003-11-21, 02:03 PM   #1
Theo
EJ22

Default Subaru WRX Short Shifter Upgrade for sale

When I left my last job my boss purchased me this shifter from our good friends at Lithia Subaru in Reno.

Unfortunalty I already had a shifter installed in my car. Yesterday I took the shifter to the dealer (Lithia in Reno) with the reciept and they refused to let me return it. The reciept was over 30 days old.

The parts guys were cool but the parts manager and the office staff refused the return. The parts manager hid in his office and refused to even speak to me. The parts counter guy said they would have no problem selling it but his boss would not let him take it in.

Lithia is LOW CLASS, beware! My interactions with the local Subaru dealers makes me want to sell my Subaru and move on. One wonders how they stay in business when they treat their past and future customers badly.

Anyone test drive and EVO yet?

Anyway, I have it up for sale. Best offer or trade.

Theo
Old 2003-11-21, 02:18 PM   #2
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Re: Subaru WRX Short Shifter Upgrade for sale

That sucks. I can't understand why they wouldn't take it back... they could just install it on one of the cars on the lot then sell it as a $400 markup, right?

It's the whole linkage STi shifter right? I might be interested if the price is right. I've got the old non-adjustable Cobb shifter, which is real nice, but if the price is right I might be willing to give the real deal a shot, especially if I can toss the Cobb shifter on it too! How much you want for it?

BTW: Don't worry about one of us test driving the EVO... Sergio's already bought one!
Old 2003-11-21, 02:43 PM   #3
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Yeah, Sergio also let me drive it last night, and It Was Great!! Power comes on quickly, brakes are strong, and steering is very responsive.

For anyone considering Theo's offer - I recommend a short shifter, I had one in my car when I bought it and it's great to have.

Theo -- who was the Service Mgr who hid in his office, do you know his name?

-Debbie
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 03:44 PM   #4
Theo
EJ22

Scott, I don't know off hand, I never took it out of the box. I will post the part number when I get home.

Debbie, It was the parts manager who hid in his little office (I don't know his name). I asked to speak to the manager when I was told the great news. He was out for lunch so I returne a couple of hours later to speak with him. The parts desk guy was great but his boss could not face a real live pissed off customer.

My x-boss drives an A8 he purchased from Lithia. He has spent a fortune with them. He is not a happy camper.

Theo