Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2007-02-12, 04:24 PM   #1
left footed whooten
EJ251

Car: 06 WRX wagon CGM
Class: Stuck working weekends
Default Finally got my JDM projectors working in my BG6

I had this silly idea that red was always positive, after letting that go and messing with it intead of studying, my JDM projectors now function properly. Hooray, I can see!!! I love the parking/courtesy lights also. Been using them as my DRL's.

Now to scrape all the old double sided tape off the used rain/windguards so I can install those when this weather stops. Hopefully will eliminate drips into the window controls and onto my clean clothes when I use my windshield washers.
Old 2007-02-12, 06:18 PM   #2
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Looks hot. I'm jealous, my car has been down for 2 months, I got it back today with a new motor.......and the tranny blew up.
Old 2007-02-12, 09:20 PM   #3
left footed whooten
EJ251

You're kidding. Did you just have your swap done? That, my friend, is a bag of dicks.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:13 PM   #4
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Quote:
Originally Posted by left footed whooten View Post
You're kidding. Did you just have your swap done? That, my friend, is a bag of dicks.
Yeah, was jsut a stock JDM EJ25, but fresh, low-mile longblock with all seals. Motor sounds awesome, zinging right through the rev range.............with the car in gear and barely moving.

Old tranny (240k, with a half-ass rebuild by the same shop that took such good care of Scott's car, heh) + old burned fluid = somehting that works perfectly...............until your buddy tries to help out with a nice fresh fluid and filter cahnge on the tranny. Everyting was done perfectly, but the clutch plates in the 4EAT were already gone

So now I get to decide between a rebuild ($$$), making a WRX auto work ($$ + potential PITA + unknown + rear end + axle swap), or a 5-speed swap ($, bunch of work, +rear end + axle swap, random stuff like cruise not working in my commuter car). Leaning towards option 1 for ease of everything, but I hate putting money into it at this rate, even though I know it'll be solid for a while after this.

But, back to the lights. Uber-clean. If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't blow the money I did on Morettes, I love the stock front end.
Old 2007-02-13, 09:18 AM   #5
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Aaron, I think the yard here in Reno has a tranny from your car sitting on a shelf... phase-1 4.44 4eat, right? Same as the one I just put into my SVX? You could probably pick it up for around $600. I can even try to truck it down to you if we can coincide the delivery with the next trip I make to GST.
Old 2007-02-13, 09:55 AM   #6
left footed whooten
EJ251

Ugh. That sucks. I would definitely go with option 1, even if I had to sell something. It would be the most worth it. I didn't know you were running a slushbox. There is a good tranny shop next to a repair shop I used to work at some time ago in Walnut Creek off of N.Main St. I remember subbing out all our auto trans rebuilds to them and never having adverse incident. I could scare up their name if you need.

I'm psyched on the lights though. It's been a long time since I've been able to see well at night without my highbeams on. I always like the morettes, but they wouldn't look right in any other color than black on black, though. I could see them lookiing awful in white on white. Viva los Australian style.

sperry, are you referring to D&D in Sparks? I've been trying to find the 'better' yard in town and D&D is all I've dealt with. I give 6/10 depending on who you deal with. Who have you guys preferred?
Old 2007-02-13, 10:15 AM   #7
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

D&D was very helpful with my SVX tranny... they even pulled like 4 different rear-ends for me in an effort to find the right setup. Wade is on the ball, and very helpful. I've also dealt with Airport as well, but I didn't find them to be as helpful or willing to bargain.
Old 2007-02-13, 11:00 AM   #8
left footed whooten
EJ251

Hmmm. I'll remeber that next time I go diving.