Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2003-03-12, 10:40 PM   #1
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?
Default i'm bored and stuck at work

help me, tell me a story
MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-12, 10:47 PM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Your at work right now? Isn't it almost 11?
Old 2003-03-12, 10:51 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Okay okay....here is a story about Pyramid Lake:

"While I did not experience this myself, I believe this story to be true. Pyramid Lake is located in Nevada, on an Indian reservation. It is a saltwater lake located in the middle of the desert. It gets it's name from the pyramid shaped rock formations which rise out of the middle of the lake. It is rumored that the Indians once practiced sacred ceremonies on the shore of this lake. I don't know if this is true or not, but the Indians have lived in this area for a very long time. If you are at all sensitive, you receive nothing but bad feeling from this place. I know I always did.

It was well into the fall season when a group of us decided to go camping for the weekend at Pyramid Lake. Fall in Nevada can get very cold at night. We had stayed up late talking and drinking, and one by one, began to turn in for the night. There were finally only two people sitting by the camp fire, Robert and Dan. The wood supply was running low, so Robert and Dan decided to search for leftover pieces of wood. They had walked about a hundred yards from the campsite, up on a hill. They looked back and saw a large figure standing by the fire, wrapped in what looked to be a blanket. Thinking my husband had woken up, they started walking back to camp. As they got closer, they realized the figure was much too tall to be my husband. They started running back, thinking a stranger had entered our camp. They got to the edge of our camp, and the figure suddenly started spinning in circles, then spun off across the lake! They compared it to the Looney Tune character the Tasmanian Devil. They told us that they had not seen any facial details, only what looked to be a blanket woven in an Indian pattern. The blanket had been wrapped around the figures body and head. Also that the figure was easily over seven feet tall. Of course both men were quite freaked. Though they had been drinking, they were certainly not drunk. They were standing next to the fire, questioning their sanity, when a man walked up from out of the darkness. The thing is, there were no other campers near us and even though it couldn't have been more than 50 degrees outside, the man was wearing only swim trunks. Well, Dan and Robert start to question the man, "What are you doing? Where did you come from?" The man wouldn't answer. Dan and Robert step away from the man to confer. After the seeing the figure by the fire, they don't know what to think. Suddenly the man says to them "The water is so much warmer than the air." He then turns and walks into the lake. He doesn't stop until he disappears from sight. He doesn't come back! Robert and Dan take a flashlight and start looking for the mans footprints, but there are none. When Robert and Dan told us what happened in the night, I got chills up and down my arms. In fact, eight years later, I still get chills whenever I think about it."

-Anonymous
Old 2003-03-12, 10:53 PM   #4
ArthurS
EJ207

:shock:

I read that all the time and it still gives me the chills. I have a ton of my own stories from Pyramid, since I am out there all the time in the summer. We do rock-jumping and then all camp out there.

*Getting chills down back*
Old 2003-03-12, 11:00 PM   #5
MattR
El Matador

Good story dude!!!! best quote from story..." The wood supply was running low.."

Very creepy, I've camped out ther a bunch, and have seen some weird stuff.

Yeah, I'm at work, I'm currently stuck in a 2pm to Midnight shift at work, I can;t wait to go back to my old day schedule, this night time shit fucks up my whole life. Thanks for the story
Old 2003-03-12, 11:02 PM   #6
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe
Default A story

So, I buy myself a radio scanner for Christmas. I just thought it would be interesting to tune into the police scanner frequencies around town, as well as being able to use it at the track, for race events. Living life vicariously....

As I read stories on web sites about using scanners, I'm surprised to learn that some scanners can still pick up some cordless phone signals - even without opening the scanner & modifying the crystal/frequency tuning mechanisms......

One night, I tuned my scanner to the common cordless phone frequencies - figuring I've got to be able to get a hit, living in close quarters in an apartment complex. It didn't take long. I recognized the tones - someone checking their voicemail. I had a hit. I set the scanner on pause and waited -- and within a few minutes I hear a guy's voice, talking to what I surmised was his girlfriend ....

There was some random catching up, some talk about frustrations at work; some stimulating conversation from the girl asking the guy when they would get together. Talking about what they would do when they got together .... some ummmm's and ooooh's. I hoped they would go into some phone sex ... no such luck.

I programmed the frequency into my scan channels.

A couple of days later, the guy talking to another guy buddy. Talking about the club they went to the night before. Talking about the martinis they tried, about the hot chicks there, talking about the girl that came home with my tuned-in-frequency-guy. The scanner beeped a couple of times, and then the batteries died, and I didn't get to hear the end of the story. By the time I swapped in new batteries, the phone call was over.

Peeved, I swapped batteries with some rechargeables. They last longer.

.... to be continued....
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-12, 11:06 PM   #7
MattR
El Matador

Good stuff Keep em comin'
Old 2003-03-13, 09:36 AM   #8
ArthurS
EJ207

Hope you had fun at work. I fell asleep after my first story so I couldn't post anymore. But just for the hell of it here is another:

since we were on the pyramid horror story subject, (and because I can't think of any other stories), here is a story from my personal experience.

'The summer before last, a group of friends and I decided to make a camping trip out to pyramid lake. We had visited this lake several times that summer, and loved very bit about it. This perticular trip would end up more memorable then the previous.

We had brought some stand-up jetski's out there for the trip. Those took up most of our time along with the swimming, bon-fires, fireworks, and rock-jumping. we were having a blast till around 5 pm when the waves began to really pick up. For the people that have camped there, Pyramid has terrible winds at night. So we decide to pull the jetski's up and go attempt to keep the fire going. Well this night the winds were going real fast, so we couldn't keep the fire up at all. We decided it might be time to turn in.

I had a Ford F350 crew cab there, so 2 people were in the bed of the truck, 2 people inside the truck, and 2 people on the ground being covered by a tarp-tent we created. None of us had been able to get much sleep except for the people inside the truck. The winds were just too loud plus the local wildlife, cows, kept "moooing" all night long. Needless to say, I was awake along with this friend of mine on the ground being covered by the tarp. It must have been around 11 -12 pm when we noticed one of the weirdest things I have encountered. All of a sudden, all the winds died, the cows stopped mooing, the waves stopped, and everything was completly silent, as the sky lit up really really bright for about a minute. Right after that the winds started immediatly again and the cows began there thing.

The 4 of us that were awake were all pretty much freaked out, so we awoke the 2 sleeping people in the truck and explained what had happened. Of course' they didn' believe us, but I still remember how silent everything was and the bright light as if it were daytime. This whole thing only lasted at most, 1-2 minutes. Long enough to give me the willy's. '

Sorry if that was too long. But if anyone is every bored at work, then you can read it.