Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2004-03-13, 12:59 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Story time... 5 series decided to play games with me

Matt and I went to see Starsky and Hutch on a whim at 8 tonight. After the movie we're taking the Plumb to McCarran route back to Matt's house.

On Plumb, I'm going like 10 over the limit, and there's this friggen black BMW 5 series tailgating me... now I'm pissed, since we're the only cars on the road and yet this guy feels like he needs to tail me for three miles, blinding me with his stupid hyper-whites. Meanwhile Plumb is two lanes so all he has to do is use the passing lane to pass me.

So we get to the part where the road closes down to one lane, and Mr, Asshat decides that he needs to pass me before the merge. Since I figure he was plent happy to ride my bumper for the last few miles, I decide to be a dick and call him on it, so I leave the car in 3rd, and floor it, matcfhing his speed as he tries to pull off the pass. So he never even gets a bumper along side me and is forced to pull back in behind me.

Now I'm sure I've pissed this guy off in a big way. We run up on a Ford F150, so I have to slow down and this idiot is all over the road behind me looking for a way to pass me over the double yellow. Finally at one point he ducks out and passes me and the F150 in a retarded move over the double yellow, and pulls in behind the car that's infront of the F150.

We get to McCarran, and the BMW turns right, followed by the F150, and then me. Now the BMW decides to go uber slow... the truck behind him gets pissed and passes him leaving me behind the 5 series. I'm following him, waiting for a bitch move brake check or something. He's still slowing down, I guess trying to reel me in, or temp me to pass him so he can show me the size of his schlong by racing me.

We come to a green light, and he's just about to stop at it. So I creep up behind him then toss it in 2nd, duck to the left lane and blow by him, winding out 2nd and third. If he had plans of racing me, I either caught him off guard, or my WRX *seriously* out classed him, because I was a good 15 car lengths ahead of him pretty much instantly.

I was hoping to just cruise off and head to Matt's house, but I ended up running into the last red light before the right turn off McCarran I need to get to Matts. I pull up to the line in the left lane, and in the right is that same F150 from earlier. The BMW pulls up behind the truck. The light turns green and I pull off quickly but not actually "launching". As I'm pulling out, there's traffic coming up behind me at speed, but that doesn't stop the BMW from cutting into my lane right behind me to chase after me.

Now I'm worried.... this guy seems to have somthing to prove, so I'm like "fuck it, I'm not playing with this asshat anymore" and I floor it, once again smoking this guy. I run up the hill, but back off to make sure I don't miss the right turn to Matt's. The maniac behind me finally starts catchin up since I'm no longer flat out, so I toss it around the corner... I'm not sure how fast I was going, but when I heel-toed into 2nd for the turn, I slapped the rev limiter, so I would guess I took the turn in the 50mph range.

The BMW is determined to follow me, and somehow makes the turn. I'm zipping up the hill and totally miss the shift into 3rd... so I had to get back off the throttle, put the clutch back in and wait for the synchros to get it into gear. That gave the BMW a bit of time to catch up, but when I get to the top of the hill, I just ran the red light making a right turn towards Matt's house. (Of course I was able to check for traffic 1st, I didn't just blindly run the light.) Instead of heading straight to Matt's I just kept heading on down the hill, and by the time I get to the next side street I had lost the BMW.

We cruised back to Matt's and bullshitted a bit about how retarded that BMW driver was. I was all amped up on adrenaline, so I had to kick it at Matt's house a bit to wait for the shakes to go away. It was kinda funny at first, especially after that guy pull off the double yellow pass... Matt and I were laughing pretty good after that, but once we realized this guy was stupid enough to chase a car that's got 100hp more power and 1000lbs less weight, I was kinda scared this tool had a screw loose, and I didn't wanna play anymore.

Now I see why BMW owners have such a bad reputation for being status-asshats... In my experience, BMW drivers have been very cool, but not this 'tard.
Old 2004-03-13, 01:18 AM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

And the asshat of the week award goes to... BMW guy. Scott, I would probably have done the exact same things you did.
Old 2004-03-13, 01:55 AM   #3
Kostamojen
EJ22

Default Re: Story time... 5 series decided to play games with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
So I creep up behind him then toss it in 2nd, duck to the left lane and blow by him, winding out 2nd and third. If he had plans of racing me, I either caught him off guard, or my WRX *seriously* out classed him, because I was a good 15 car lengths ahead of him pretty much instantly.
I love that move, it kicks ass!!! Nobody ever sees it coming (it even works with no power)

I had simular crazy experiences today...

Watched a late 80's Thunderbird go into the Roseville Automall and completely explode their front outside tire in the middle of the turn. I ended up going into the subaru dealership and informing them of what happened (they probably did jack, seeing as how "polite" salesmen are)

Then on the way back, watched a crapy stock cavalier bust an illegal u-turn to chase a highly modified black Acura Legend into the 35mph 4-lane S-curve on the road by my house on rocky ridge road. Ironically the only reason I wasnt right behind the Legend was cause he pulled one of those downshift, squeeze past the car going slow and the car in the other lane closing the gap moves and I was stuck (I got out from behind the car, but was a good 20 car lengths from the legend before the corner).
Anyway, the legend entered the corner at about 50mph in the outside lane (I usually do ~55mph using both lanes when theres no traffic there late at night when im going to/coming from work at odd hours ) and the idiot teenager driver of the cavalier decides to enter at the same speed... He didnt even make it to the middle of the S Luckly he didnt spin out into the oncoming lanes, or it would have been nasty!!! (and luckly I was the only car for a little ways and had plenty of time to react, but I still had to duck around him in the inside lane while he was sideways in the middle of the outside lane)

Crazy day.
Old 2004-03-13, 07:39 AM   #4
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

There are some stupid, scarry, drunk, and/or possibly armed people out there. Glad you guys ended up OK.

Having some fun out there is cool, but as soon as he pulled the double yellow pass, I think I would have stayed as far away from him as possible. It sounds like you tried, but he kept sucking you in.

At some point, it is better getting behind him and just pulling off quickly and letting them "win".
Old 2004-03-13, 09:46 AM   #5
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
At some point, it is better getting behind him and just pulling off quickly and letting them "win".
It doesn't always work that way, but we won't get into MY stories.

JC
Old 2004-03-13, 11:25 AM   #6
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
yeah, we tried, but he was going like 15mph waiting for us on McCarran. What an a-hole.
Old 2004-03-13, 12:25 PM   #7
Kostamojen
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Quote:
It doesn't always work that way, but we won't get into MY stories.

JC
The cool thing about having a paint job you dont care about is you can tap peoples bumpers
Old 2004-03-13, 12:32 PM   #8
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

I bet if you drove around more at night you could get this kind of thing to happen you every night in Reno.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 01:32 PM   #9
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonK
I bet if you drove around more at night you could get this kind of thing to happen you every night in Reno.
I bet you are right...
Old 2004-03-13, 03:24 PM   #10
STIwish
EJ251

Sounds like fun to me.
Old 2004-03-13, 08:22 PM   #11
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

street racers
Old 2004-03-13, 08:27 PM   #12
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
..........We cruised back to Matt's and bullshitted a bit about how retarded that BMW driver was. I was all amped up on adrenaline, so I had to kick it at Matt's house a bit to wait for the shakes to go away. It was kinda funny at first, especially after that guy pull off the double yellow pass... Matt and I were laughing pretty good after that, but once we realized this guy was stupid enough to chase a car that's got 100hp more power and 1000lbs less weight........
best example of a street racing story too me
Old 2004-03-13, 10:49 PM   #13
STIwish
EJ251

oh... but Mike, Scott would NEVER street race... this must have been on some closed track with safety barriers and run off... cause we all know how dangerous and stupid street racing is
Old 2004-03-13, 11:23 PM   #14
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIwish
oh... but Mike, Scott would NEVER street race... this must have been on some closed track with safety barriers and run off... cause we all know how dangerous and stupid street racing is
Old 2004-03-14, 01:09 AM   #15
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
So I guess ditching a road raging idiot is racing?

Enough with the street racing bullshit man... your whining is tiring. Face it, street racing sucks, you're the only one that thinks it's worth a damn. So, drop the sarcasm... if you only plan to antagonize the thread, keep your mouse off the reply button.

If you read the story, you'll notice that everything I did once I realized this guy wanted to fuck with me, was to minimize having to deal with him... I certainly wasn't try to line up and race the guy.
Old 2004-03-14, 02:06 AM   #16
STIwish
EJ251

Saw that one coming... *yawn* relax Scott, Im just fuckin with you man... im glad at least Mike found the humor.
Old 2004-03-14, 02:24 AM   #17
Kevin M
EJ22T

When you closed the deal on the glass house, did they throw in the slingshot for free?
Old 2004-03-14, 03:58 AM   #18
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Saw that one coming... *yawn* relax Scott, Im just fuckin with you man... im glad at least Mike found the humor.
I understand you're fuckin with me... I'm tired of it. 90% of your replies to my posts are BS just like that. You don't know me well enough to constantly fuck with me w/o eventually pissing me off.
Old 2004-03-14, 09:44 AM   #19
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
Matt and I went to see Starsky and Hutch on a whim at 8 tonight. After the movie we're taking the Plumb to McCarran route back to Matt's house.....
first off Scott we dont need to know you to know what you did was stupid and something you would not condone

Quote:
On Plumb, I'm going like 10 over the limit, and there's this friggen black BMW 5 series tailgating me... now I'm pissed, since we're the only cars on the road and yet this guy feels like he needs to tail me for three miles, blinding me with his stupid hyper-whites. Meanwhile Plumb is two lanes so all he has to do is use the passing lane to pass me......
if thats the case THIS IS WHERE YOU SLOW DOWN!!!! race over but I understand Matt was in the car you just got out of a movie with I'm sure car case sence's and what not you want to streach your legs thats ok......just know it could have stoped here

Quote:
So we get to the part where the road closes down to one lane, and Mr, Asshat decides that he needs to pass me before the merge. Since I figure he was plent happy to ride my bumper for the last few miles, I decide to be a dick and call him on it, so I leave the car in 3rd, and floor it, matcfhing his speed as he tries to pull off the pass. So he never even gets a bumper along side me and is forced to pull back in behind me.......
this is where it starts to get interesting yet another chance to call it quits and you don't........now with your action of speeding up so he cant pass might as well hang your head out and ask if he would like to race and guess what your still ahead of him.......must be getting adrenaline right about here and it feels good just like being on a track but with the unknow factor of street race'in

Quote:
Now I'm sure I've pissed this guy off in a big way. We run up on a Ford F150, so I have to slow down and this idiot is all over the road behind me looking for a way to pass me over the double yellow. Finally at one point he ducks out and passes me and the F150 in a retarded move over the double yellow, and pulls in behind the car that's infront of the F150........
this is where it really became unsafe because you didn't back off at either of the two chances you had in this story and yes the race is on.......the asshat bmw crossed a double yellow line and "Story at 11pm" if it was my family driving on that road in the other direction something bad could have happened and I would and the rest of Reno would have said it was street racing; you where there; you where a part of it

Quote:
We get to McCarran, and the BMW turns right, followed by the F150, and then me. Now the BMW decides to go uber slow... the truck behind him gets pissed and passes him leaving me behind the 5 series. I'm following him, waiting for a bitch move brake check or something. He's still slowing down, I guess trying to reel me in, or temp me to pass him so he can show me the size of his schlong by racing me.........
LOL trying to reel you in shoot everything but your head is already in this race and now your in second place

Quote:
We come to a green light, and he's just about to stop at it. So I creep up behind him then toss it in 2nd, duck to the left lane and blow by him, winding out 2nd and third. If he had plans of racing me, I either caught him off guard, or my WRX *seriously* out classed him, because I was a good 15 car lengths ahead of him pretty much instantly. ........
Scott I'm sure after racing down Plumb and then getting a chance to race with you on McCarren he was just trying to see if you really wanted to race from a stop sence the rolling start races have already happened......its just the next step dude

Quote:
I was hoping to just cruise off and head to Matt's house, but I ended up running into the last red light before the right turn off McCarran I need to get to Matts. I pull up to the line in the left lane, and in the right is that same F150 from earlier. The BMW pulls up behind the truck. The light turns green and I pull off quickly but not actually "launching". As I'm pulling out, there's traffic coming up behind me at speed, but that doesn't stop the BMW from cutting into my lane right behind me to chase after me.:........
the race is over he just wants to get home

Quote:
Now I'm worried.... this guy seems to have somthing to prove, so I'm like "fuck it, I'm not playing with this asshat anymore" and I floor it, once again smoking this guy. I run up the hill, but back off to make sure I don't miss the right turn to Matt's. The maniac behind me finally starts catchin up since I'm no longer flat out, so I toss it around the corner... I'm not sure how fast I was going, but when I heel-toed into 2nd for the turn, I slapped the rev limiter, so I would guess I took the turn in the 50mph range. .:........
ohhh wait the race isnt over yet Scott still has some left in him......ITs ON!!!! again thanks Scott for not stoping here again

Quote:
The BMW is determined to follow me, and somehow makes the turn. I'm zipping up the hill and totally miss the shift into 3rd... so I had to get back off the throttle, put the clutch back in and wait for the synchros to get it into gear. That gave the BMW a bit of time to catch up, but when I get to the top of the hill, I just ran the red light making a right turn towards Matt's house. (Of course I was able to check for traffic 1st, I didn't just blindly run the light.) Instead of heading straight to Matt's I just kept heading on down the hill, and by the time I get to the next side street I had lost the BMW.:.:........
are you still raceing or should I just call it speeding?

Quote:
We cruised back to Matt's and bullshitted a bit about how retarded that BMW driver was. I was all amped up on adrenaline, so I had to kick it at Matt's house a bit to wait for the shakes to go away. It was kinda funny at first, especially after that guy pull off the double yellow pass... Matt and I were laughing pretty good after that, but once we realized this guy was stupid enough to chase a car that's got 100hp more power and 1000lbs less weight, I was kinda scared this tool had a screw loose, and I didn't wanna play anymore.
the BMW driver wasnt the only one that might have been retarded that night.......but let me get this strieght, its ok to play agaist under powered and over weight cars but dont run agaist a car that can beat you street racers wet dream!! who gets the "asshat award"? ding ding ding and you thought it was funny he crossed the double yellow? thats when I make the next turn and sit for 5 min so he can be long gone.....its not funny....its scary

As far as coming down on Justin just because he pointed out that you where involved in a street race. he shouldnt catch hell for it Scott just sit back and enjoy the rush

Quote:
So I guess ditching a road raging idiot is racing?
no it would be winning

and please Scott take the comments with a gain of salt.....it just makes me laugh because you try so hard not to get cought up in this sort of activity and then bam its in your review mirror
Old 2004-03-14, 01:32 PM   #20
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Jeez Mike... maybe you're right... maybe it was a street race... if it was I centainly wasn't informed, because all I saw was a guy road raging on me.

Look again at the situation:

1) 10 over on the straight section of Plumb isn't absurd. Following someone 3 feet off their bumper at that speed with no other traffic and a passing lane *is*.

2) I was a dick, and intentionally blocked the guy from divebomb passing me at the last moment. I admit it, it was stupid thing to do, I was being a dick. However, I've never heard of cutting someone off as being the way to singal that I want to race someone.

3) The guy was an idiot and decided to pass 2 cars, on a curvy road over a double yellow. If that's how the other guy's suppoted to signal he's down for a race, then street racers are far stupider than I ever thought.

4) After the guy passed on the double yellow, it was done. As far as I was concerned I pissed him off and he pulled a stupid stunt because of it. Once I had blocked him I was back to the speed limit, and driving normally, simply taking my route home, and laughing about that asshat with Matt. It was the BMW 'tard that decided to keep things going by waiting for me on McCarran.

4) The guy was baiting me on McCarran. I don't know what for, but I can only assume it's for revenge of some sort. All I know is I pissed him off enough that he had risked his and his passengers life to pass me on Plumb earlier. I my mindset, the only reason this guys is waiting for me is to start shit. It honestly never crossed my mind that this guy might have wanted to race me... and even if he did, I wouldn't even dream of lining up next to someone that's crazy enough to pass on Plumb for simple fear of him running in to me.

So, go ahead and call what happened on Plumb a "race"... but you're wrong. I was tailgated by this guy who decided that he needed to be in front of me as soon as he saw the merge ahead sign. Call me a dick for preventing him from cutting me off... and you're right, but that's where it ended as far as I was concerned. I don't believe this guy was trying to race me on Plumb... he was just road ragin on me, and everything that happend after that was me not wanting to race, but to get the fuck away from this psycho. If this is how street races normally go down, then street racers really are the bottom of the racing pyramid.

I'm clearly not a perfect law abiding driver, but I also don't go looking for shit, and I don't go looking for races. This was a story about road rage, not street racing. Perhaps, since I've never lined up against a stranger to race I don't know the "protocol" for these things, but I've seen enough stupid rage shit that I know what that looks like.
Old 2004-03-14, 03:18 PM   #21
Kevin M
EJ22T

Game, set, and match.
Old 2004-03-14, 03:39 PM   #22
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Game, set, and match.
Then you should know that staying close to where the road rager is is never good and shouldnt mess with there heads by blocking lanes its all good non the less what Justin and I where trying to do worked "you got upset" for being called a street racer we all know you not its just good fun
Old 2004-03-14, 03:45 PM   #23
STIwish
EJ251

your right, its all in fun.. Scott, if you knew me better man, you'd know not to take me seriously about anything, Mike and I are just messin
Old 2004-03-14, 03:59 PM   #24
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Someone wanna give me a link to the Street Racer's Online Guide to Race Ediquette so I don't mistake a street race for road rage in the future?
Old 2004-03-14, 04:14 PM   #25
MikeSTI
EJ205

I can't complain

Quote:
Someone wanna give me a link to the Street Racer's Online Guide to Race Ediquette so I don't mistake a street race for road rage in the future?
always looking for the suporting data we love you Scott don't change