Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2016-06-03, 12:55 PM   #1
yosemitemtb
n00b

Default Kind of quiet in here!

I was surfing aroundandfoundthisforum. Also, myspacebar isbroken and doesn't work verywell! I've owned my 02 wrx wagon since new, 197,000 miles ago. It is daily driven and still seeslots of autocross action. I'm south of you guys in Mariposa,CA. Our local clubis F.A.S.T., Fresno Area Subaru Trust, great group. Anyway, thought I'd drop a post, show a couple of pics and a video from the Lone Pine Time Trials a couple of weeks ago.

yosemitemtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 01:12 PM   #2
k-dogg39
Little Slugger

Car: 05 WRB STI Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Class: 39 TSM

I'm not crazy, I'm just passionate!

Ah I saw your vids on Nasioc. I want to make it to Lone Pine hopefully next year. Looks a bit rough, but fun!
k-dogg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-03, 01:43 PM   #3
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Nice to see an STX BugEye still thrashing around! Your WRX sounds great in that clip. I just sold mine on Tuesday... thanks for making me regret it.
Old 2016-06-03, 05:00 PM   #4
yosemitemtb
n00b

I've had the car long enough now that I'm replacing the aftermarket stuff I replaced the worn out stock stuff with. New suspension (KW Clubsports) has me re-energized for autocross this year. Lone Pine is rough, byb the way, but way fun!
Old 2016-06-03, 06:51 PM   #5
yosemitemtb
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Nice to see an STX BugEye still thrashing around! Your WRX sounds great in that clip. I just sold mine on Tuesday... thanks for making me regret it.

I'm still trying to record better sound. Exhaust is TXS with their RFL-Ti axleback and high flow cat. I'm using an Audio Technica mic mounted next to my rear plate and wired into a GoPro. The bumper cam is a different camera and I mixed a little of the sound from that one in as well.

I don't haveany plans to sell mine, I have too much history with it! And while the paint is chipped up and it's been driven very hard, I knowhow solid it is mechanically and how well it's been maintained. There's no way I would be able to get what it's really worth.

Winter shoes...

Old 2018-11-19, 06:43 AM   #6
JakeZine
n00b

Just came across this thread. Wow! Those are some nice pics!

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested, my old contact is selling a few Rotiform Wheels. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by JakeZine; 2019-10-15 at 02:35 PM.
JakeZine is offline   Reply With Quote