Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2013-09-27, 01:56 AM   #1
Spec-Awps
n00b

Default Cobb AP 2007 STI Question

Hello All,

I believe I originally posted in the wrong area, apologies for this.

I have a quick Cobb AP question. I own a 2007 STI and recently had to replace a battery. Since this happened the Flat Foot shifting option has been set to default on my stage 2 map. I wanted to turn it off but there is no "off" option. If I remember correctly you can set it to a super high rpm and it will not mess with your standard shifting nor hurt the engine. Does anybody know if this info is correct. I have no need for flat foot shifting so if anyone knows where I should set the rpm setting please let me know.
Spec-Awps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 04:36 PM   #2
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

If you set the rpm to above your rev limiter, that effectively disables flat-foot shifting. I find that on a a 6spd if it is set to about 2000rpm below your shift point you can use it or not, depending on your mood at the time of the shift.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote