Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2006-05-25, 03:03 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default FS: Automatic Intercooler Waterspray kit

Since I've switched to a FMIC, I don't need (nor do I have room for) my automatic waterspray setup.

My kit includes:

* Labtronics intercooler spray computer:
- monitors ambient and intercooler temps
- monitors fuel injector duty cycle
- when the IC is hotter than ambient, and the car is running a lot of fuel, the sprayer is triggered
- temp and IDC thresholds are tuneable
- includes all necessary wiring and thermosistors/etc.
- http://www.elabtronics.com/products_...controller.htm

* Shurflo Diaphragm Pump
- similar to this: http://www.shurflo.com/pages/RV/rv_p...ater_pump.html

* Brackets and Nozzles for TMIC use.

* I also have some options for a water tank, but it may need some work to match your specific application.

What it doesn't include:
- no plumbing outside of the spray nozzles, you will need tubing and fittings to get from the tank to the pump, and from the pump to the intercooler. Should be available at Lowes/Home Depot/Ace.
- no power wiring or relay for the pump, you will need some 10 gauge (IIRC) fused wiring to power/ground the pump, and an automotive relay (I may have one of those). Should be available at Radio Smack.
- no switch to control auto/manual mode, you will probably want a 3 position switch and 2 LEDs if you want to be able to run the kit manually or automatically. (I can draw up a diagram for the on/off/auto switch w/ LEDs for you.) Should be another Radio Smack part.

If anyone local wants to buy the kit, I'll even assist in the install, should take 3 or 4 hours assuming you have all the necessary parts.

When I had this setup on my car, it ran beautifully (once I worked out all the bugs). The pump is self-priming, and generates plenty of pressure and flow to atomize a ton of water over the intercooler providing maximum cooling. With the manual switch, it's also very easy to prevent heat soak when sitting in traffic or before your run at autocross (just remember the kit is not Stock, ST, or SP legal, and if you're spraying water on the track, tech may have a problem with you ).

I paid about $500 to build this kit originally, I'm looking for $200 for it today. Pictures to come as soon as I get around to taking some.
Old 2006-05-25, 03:10 PM   #2
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

I'll give you a dollar.
Old 2006-05-25, 03:29 PM   #3
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
I'll give you a dollar.
199 more and it's yours!
Old 2006-05-25, 03:40 PM   #4
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

I might be interested. Is this the boxed or unboxed version? It looks like the unboxed version can be had with 2 thermistors for about $85 US... I was thinking about throwing one of those behind the dash next to the switch...
Old 2006-05-25, 03:50 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I might be interested. Is this the boxed or unboxed version? It looks like the unboxed version can be had with 2 thermistors for about $85 US... I was thinking about throwing one of those behind the dash next to the switch...
It's the boxed version, MSRP $200 Australian... so like $150 US. Though the box opens easily and the unit works just fine under the dash (I had mine installed under the center console in front of the shifter). Unboxed is fine except it's a PITA to tune when it's under the dash... but once it's tuned, it's fire and forget.

Also consider that the pump sells for like $90 IIRC, and the brass atomization nozzles are like $5 a pop (x4). I've also got other odds-n-ends (check valve, tees, etc) I'd be willing to toss in during the install if they're needed, and of course the 6 gal tank I've got, that you probably won't need since you've got an OEM tank.