Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2002-12-22, 12:53 AM   #1
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds
Default 12/21/02 Meet (Tamarak Junction)

Hey Guys !!! First of all, I want to thank all of you for sharing your insights on your Subbies ... I know that maybe It wasnt my place to be there today(12/21/02) But I have been Bugging my Wife for a while to say YES!! on getting a WRX..lol.. and when I met Khail a few days ago by accident while driving down to a shop to find out about a (J) HKS BOV for my '02 1.8T Jetta I was just in awee about his subbie.. he then told me about the meet on 12/21.. I told him, I am there !!! .. Well to make the long story short, I was surprised to see nice friendly people at the meet. I was very happy with their hospitality even though I don't own a WRX or subaru for that matter(Yet.. :wink: ) ..
I now more than ever want to purchase a Subaru because of what I saw today .. I mean we went into this road that leads to a cool place to go all out with your subbie or Play in the snow if you will. Even though we didnt make it due to a 4X4 Truck being stuck on this path, I still was inpressed with the Subaru's Handling (Which reminds me I WANT to Thank Matt for being nice enough to let me ride with him) ..
OK, OK , Maybe I do talk to much but hey!! the topic is "SUBARU" :wink:
Well, again I want to thank you all for the Hospitality you all showed me and I am looking forward to the next Meet Granted It's ok with you guys.. Thank you and God Bless ...
Sergio G
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-12-22, 03:32 AM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

No problem. It was nice ta see you there. Hope you get a subie in the long run. And hope to see you again.
ArthurS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-12-22, 07:02 AM   #3
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

HAHA, No sweat man, I hope you'll take me for a ride in your Supra sometime , I've never been in one before.

I had a good time too, I think you'll be really happy with a WRX.
MattR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-12-22, 09:52 AM   #4
imprezton
EJ18

Heh we saw a newly bought wingless WRX last night and my son was absolutely sure it was you

Boo, one thing I've learned about Subaru enthusiasts is that they aren't exclusionary, like some *cough* VW Clubs *cough*.

Alot of Subie owners purchased their car after serious technical and logical consideration of all makes. Subie owners, for the most part, understand and appreciate strengths of other makes, and like to share info with enthusiasts of any sort.

BTW that was just a bad-assed little VW, once it got on dry land
imprezton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-12-22, 01:06 PM   #5
BOO
EJ205

Imprezton,
Thanks for the props on my little "Stock" Jetta (1.8T) ..
You are SO right, As far as I can remember Everytime I fall in love with a vehicle I do my research on it as much as I can and believe me when I say "Research" because Sometimes its 2 or 3 am and I am still online looking up info, FAQ's , or what ever it takes to make sure The purchase will be not only a pleasant one but after the fact I will be very pleased with the vehicle.. I mean when I purchased my MKIV Supra Twin Turbo I looked it up for a couple of years till I was pleased with my research. Well as for te WRX, i have been doing research for about 2 years (due to my subscriptions to SCC,TURBO,Import Tunner,European Car Magazines)and to Find out the car was ACTUALLY going to make it on U.S. soil.. I was like OMG... I need to get my hands on one of these
Old 2002-12-22, 01:17 PM   #6
BOO
EJ205

Ohhh and by the way, That would have been so cool if it would have been me in that Wingless WRX ..lol but truth of the matter is reason why I cant purchase one right now is Because School is starting soon again and You all know how much I have to dish out for it (Nursing Major) so as soon as I can get back on my feet from the school fees shock :shock: ..lol.. I will purchase one and Yes, I definately will get one, it will just be in about 3 months ..
Old 2002-12-22, 01:23 PM   #7
BOO
EJ205

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a pleasure to see you there as well as I was shocked to see the Hospitality :shock: and yes , I DEFINATELY WANT ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
No problem. It was nice ta see you there. Hope you get a subie in the long run. And hope to see you again.
Old 2002-12-22, 11:54 PM   #8
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Sounds like I missed a good time. I don't think my car would have been so comfortable with the off roading, but I would have tried anyway. Glad to see you went Sergio, hurry up and save some cash so you can drive your own WRX to the meets. See you guys later. Oh and I work at Napa now, for those who don't know. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at the one on Wrondel off of Grove. Sunday at the big one on Glendale in Sparks. Come see me if you guys need anything. Later guys.

Khail
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote