Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2004-04-15, 11:42 AM   #1
Egan
EJ18

Default FS: Vishnu Valved JIC Coilovers FLTA2

Since my last sale went so well, I am offering these for the Reno folks:

I'm selling my Vishnu valved JIC coilover setup that was on my WRX wagon. This sytem can be run on either a sedan or wagon and has custom Vishnu spec'd valving and 7kg front and 6kg rear spings. The JIC coilovers have independant height and spring preload adjustments. The dampening is 15 way adjustable as well via knobs on the bottoms of the coilovers.

This system will give you unparalelled handling on the track and off. You will, of course, have a slightly harsher and noisier street ride, but that is the compromise you make when going to a coilover setup. The real benefit is on the track. I cannot say enough kinds words about the transformation this setup made on my car.

If it's such a great thing, why the hell are you selling it Mike? Well, as some of you know, I recently traded the uber-wagon in for an STi. With the power and torque of the STi, and the abilities of the DCCD system, a 7/6 coilover setup will be a little soft for the track. I am stepping up to an 8/8 setup. While I could just change the springs on the Vishnu JIC's, the valving would then be out of range. I may be sticking with a custom JIC setup since i have been so impressed with this past setup.

From Vishnu's website:
Vishnu Suspension System..........$1850*
If you’ve ever gone on a test drive (aka “hot-lap”) with us, you know how hard we drive and how far we push the limits of the vehicle. Now imagine how thoroughly engineered, tweaked and tested our very own suspension system must be. It took us no less than two years to release a product that we would be proud to put our name on. And this is it. Custom-built by JIC to our spring rate and shock damping specifications, you will not find another suspension system that offers it unique combination of immediacy, refinement, balance and comfort.

The kit goes for $1850 new and has been on my car for about 8 months. That includes about 10,000 miles and 2 track days. I am offering this kit at $1,400 obo. It includes two spanner wrenches, the dampening adjustment tool, and FREE rear camber bolts. Shipping will be via UPS and is not included in the price. I will get a quote based on your zip code and chosen shipping method. ****** Free shpping for the Reno folks! ****** Free help with install if you want to drive down to Sac (install will take approximately 2 hours) ******

Here's a pic of the wagon in action with very little body roll:

Install instructions and more pics: http://mikeegan.stormpages.com/JIC.html
Old 2004-04-15, 11:48 AM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

For those of you who have ridden in Scott's car, these dampers are spec'd to work properly with the lower spring rates. These will have all the on-track performance of Scott's, but will be easier to get a good ride out of. This is why I bugged Scott to try to get Vishnu coilovers when I worked there, but Brett made it kinda hard for him to order.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:21 PM   #3
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
For those of you who have ridden in Scott's car, these dampers are spec'd to work properly with the lower spring rates. These will have all the on-track performance of Scott's, but will be easier to get a good ride out of. This is why I bugged Scott to try to get Vishnu coilovers when I worked there, but Brett made it kinda hard for him to order.
Yeah, I tried to get some! I'm also trying to get a copy of DeltaDash, but no one at Vishnu has bothered to answer the phone any of the 15 times I've called this week.

Hey Mike, do you really think the dampers will be far out of range for stiffer springs? I'm having a bounce issue with my JICs and Nate suggested I try some stiffer springs (even though to me is seems like I'm under-dampened to begin with, Nate tells me undersprung cars can also bounce). I was thinking about a 9k/9k setup, but I didn't want to re-valve my shocks.

I may have to just bite the bullet and order some new shocks from JIC and some 500 lb/in Eibach springs. 'Course for that price I can probably get Nate to make me some custom shit...

Hell, if this sale goes quickly, I might just have to sell mine too, then use the cash to have Nate build me something exactly to my needs.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:49 PM   #4
Egan
EJ18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Yeah, I tried to get some! I'm also trying to get a copy of DeltaDash, but no one at Vishnu has bothered to answer the phone any of the 15 times I've called this week.

Hey Mike, do you really think the dampers will be far out of range for stiffer springs? I'm having a bounce issue with my JICs and Nate suggested I try some stiffer springs (even though to me is seems like I'm under-dampened to begin with, Nate tells me undersprung cars can also bounce). I was thinking about a 9k/9k setup, but I didn't want to re-valve my shocks.

I may have to just bite the bullet and order some new shocks from JIC and some 500 lb/in Eibach springs. 'Course for that price I can probably get Nate to make me some custom shit...

Hell, if this sale goes quickly, I might just have to sell mine too, then use the cash to have Nate build me something exactly to my needs.
Scott,

You may be able to send your units to JIC and they could re-spring and re-valve them. I don't know if it is cost efficient or not, but it's worth a phone call. A 9/9 setup is going to be pretty damn stiff depending on the damper stroke. Helper springs on your current setup might help the bounce too, but at the price of some induced understeer, especially on an AX course. I would highly suggest sending an email to ft@selgp.com He's kind of the Shiv of suspension. Very knowledgeable on setting up coilovers. His website is http://www.selgp.com We're working on a custom FLTA2-RS setup for my STi right now.

As for DD, I'd suggest buying it somewhere else. I bought mine from Vivid (the only thing I bought from them because they made a mistake and had it underpriced by $75) back when they first came out.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:11 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan
Scott,

You may be able to send your units to JIC and they could re-spring and re-valve them. I don't know if it is cost efficient or not, but it's worth a phone call. A 9/9 setup is going to be pretty damn stiff depending on the damper stroke. Helper springs on your current setup might help the bounce too, but at the price of some induced understeer, especially on an AX course. I would highly suggest sending an email to ft@selgp.com He's kind of the Shiv of suspension. Very knowledgeable on setting up coilovers. His website is http://www.selgp.com We're working on a custom FLTA2-RS setup for my STi right now.

As for DD, I'd suggest buying it somewhere else. I bought mine from Vivid (the only thing I bought from them because they made a mistake and had it underpriced by $75) back when they first came out.
Thanks for the info! I've decided that I'm okay with a retarded stiff car, just as long as it doesn't bounce all over the freeway! Harshness is okay, but sea-sickness isn't.

Vivid's decided to sell DeltaDash only to people that buy reflashed ECUs from them... although I can't figure out how they do reflashes w/o a Dyno.. I guess they do it half-assed, like everything else they do. According to EcuTek's website, there are only a handful of places that sell DD. Vishnu's the closest one to Reno, so I was hoping to order it Monday and get it by this weekend, but since they haven't even answered the phone (in fact yesterday I couldn't even get to the answering maching, are they moving shops again or something?), I can't imagine they'd been able to ship it on time. Who even knows if they have a copy of it in stock! (Esp. since I want the USB version)
Old 2004-04-15, 01:28 PM   #6
Egan
EJ18

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I've decided that I'm okay with a retarded stiff car, just as long as it doesn't bounce all over the freeway! Harshness is okay, but sea-sickness isn't.

Vivid's decided to sell DeltaDash only to people that buy reflashed ECUs from them... although I can't figure out how they do reflashes w/o a Dyno.. I guess they do it half-assed, like everything else they do. According to EcuTek's website, there are only a handful of places that sell DD. Vishnu's the closest one to Reno, so I was hoping to order it Monday and get it by this weekend, but since they haven't even answered the phone (in fact yesterday I couldn't even get to the answering maching, are they moving shops again or something?), I can't imagine they'd been able to ship it on time. Who even knows if they have a copy of it in stock! (Esp. since I want the USB version)
Dan has them: http://www.fastwrx.com/deldasdiagpa.html

2-day shipping can't be too expensive given the package weighs almost nothing.

Kastle has them too, albeit for more $: http://www.kastleskorner.com/store/p...roducts_id=618

Shipping from AZ can't be more than 2 days.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:45 PM   #7
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Dan has them: http://www.fastwrx.com/deldasdiagpa.html

2-day shipping can't be too expensive given the package weighs almost nothing.

Kastle has them too, albeit for more $: http://www.kastleskorner.com/store/p...roducts_id=618

Shipping from AZ can't be more than 2 days.
Too bad 2-day shipping gets 'em here on Monday! That's the nice thing about ordering from the Bay Area... Reno is UPS's west coast hub, so stuff from the bay gets to my house *overnight* with plain old UPS ground. If it get's picked up before 1 or 2pm, it'll be in Reno that evening, which means out for delivery the next morning!

I've had good luck w/ FastWRX (got my Turbo Timer there), but they don't list if it's the USB or Parallel version. I guess I'll have to call.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:50 PM   #8
Egan
EJ18

Doh! It's Thursday already!
Old 2004-04-15, 05:27 PM   #9
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

install will take 2 hours..!

Unless you have stripped camber bolts and nuts that were tightened by the hand of God...eh Scott!

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 06:20 PM   #10
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Quote:
Scott,

You dumbass! Call Scott, he'll get you a copy.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:23 PM   #11
Mr. Xevious
Bucket Racing Team

we should be able to get the consumer version of DD as well
Mr. Xevious is offline   Reply With Quote