Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-20, 05:38 PM   #51
sp00ln
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by nKoan
Speeding carries a small fine if caught. Crossing a double yellow carries a heavier fine. If you think they are one in the same, you need to take drivers ed again, cause that's just fucked up.
My friend got a $2000 and his license revoked for a month for speeding.

Thats all I had to say.

And stop with the name calling/languagE!
Old 2006-04-20, 06:29 PM   #52
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
OKay, as crappy as this whole thread is, that post made me laugh dammit.

Guys, thanks for all the input, I think it's clear where everyone stands and there no sense discussing it further IMO.

That is all.
No wait!, I have never........Oh, never mind.

Just to clairfy: we have all done some stupid things in the past (my reference: only Matt , Zach and Bayley know). Just remember those foolish moments are stupid and there is no sense in it, but unfortunately they do happen. Now, I drive like such a puss on the streets - and on the track as others here will atest. It only takes that one second of miscalculation on your behalf or someone else's for total disaster. Please all drive safely. Otherwise I will have someone make a foam injected ass hat out of my ass that you must wear at future meets until it is handed over to the next in line.
Old 2006-04-20, 08:24 PM   #53
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ln
My friend got a $2000 and his license revoked for a month for speeding.

Thats all I had to say.

And stop with the name calling/languagE!
Excessive speeding, or ~10 over? Regardless its a moot point. My last speeding ticket was only $100. Again, its a difference in the severity of the action. Comparing a 5 over ticket to a excessive speeding ticket is a little ridiculous.

And whats the problem with a little swearing and name calling? If he did something I thought was a jackass move, doesn't that make him somewhat of a jackass? I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 2006-04-20 at 08:26 PM.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:14 PM   #54
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Mom has to try to get the last word in...

dustinr,
It sounds like you have a lot of racing experience under your belt - good for you.
It sounds like you have a wonderful stable of fun toys - on your way to being like Dean, garage full of toys.
Yet, with all the neat stuff, it only takes one horrible moment, one horrible miscalculation - and all that can disappear. Including your life.
We would mourn for you if you lose your property, or hurt your health, or that of your loved ones or even a stranger, due to rushing somewhere. But your family will mourn the loss even more.
Old 2006-04-21, 04:17 AM   #55
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
Guys, thanks for all the input, I think it's clear where everyone stands and there no sense discussing it further IMO.
Agreed.