Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2010-01-07, 10:10 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default FS: A pile of video game (mostly racing) stuff

I've decided to streamline the pile of gaming stuff I've got lying around. I hope to sell all this stuff off so I can afford to buy one wheel that will work w/ XBox/PC/PS3 instead of having 4 wheels stacked up all over the place.

First off, the nostalgia item: one Nintendo 64 in excellent condition. This was used for a total of probably 6 months back in 1997 to play drunken GoldenEye in college w/ my few non-computer geek friends. Then I played halfway through Zelda64. Then I went back to playing PC games that were 100 times better. So now I've got the N64, a copy of GoldenEye, Zelda64, two memory cards and 4 controllers in great condition for someone that wants to relive the late 90's.

Surprisingly, it looks like the used market for the N64 is around $50 for a used console, plus $5-$10 for games and controllers each. I'm asking $50 OBO for the whole deal.

Next up, one XBox with a stack of games, two controllers with extension cords, one nice logitech wireless controller, and one Fantec wheel for Forza. The Xbox is in great condition. Like the N64, I tend to play consoles only so much before deciding I like the PC better, so I don't tend to put a lot of hours on them. But I did really enjoy RalliSport Challenge and Forza on the XBox. Also, the Burnout game in party crash mode was hours of entertainment. All these games included! This is a great deal for anyone that never had an XBox and wants to play a bunch of racing games for cheap (Dean I'm looking at you!).

Games:
Amped (snowboarding game)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Colin McRae Rally '04
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Fable
Forza 1
NASCAR 2005
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (new still in the wrapper)
Project Gotham Racing 2
RalliSport Challenge 2 (awesome!)
Street Racing Syndicate

(Racing wheel officially endorsed by Cosworth the dog!)

The XBox seems to sell around the same price as the N64, but used games are a little more. So I figure $100 OBO for the unit, 4 controllers, and 11 games is a raging deal.

Okay, now for the hard-core stuff. This is my old online racing setup. Works really well, but with iRacing's demands, I want to upgrade to something a little more sensitive. This gear is great for hot lapping and PC gaming. It's even adequate for online racing, unless you're me and always over do everything you do.

The setup is a Logitech Momo Force Feedback wheel (the newer black edition, not the original red one). Its got a *rediculous* amount of force feedback... I generally set a game to around 10% just to keep from getting tired out. It's also got 6-buttons, plus a sequential shifter, and a gas/brake pedal box. However, I've also got a set of home-brew pedals to go with it. The pedals are made out of some canibalized Thrustmaster pedals that have been inverted and re-wired into a standard 15-pin gameport connector. The pedals have a complete gas/brake/clutch setup with correct spring tension and location for heel-toe practice. To run the connector on a PC, there's a JoyBox8 USB adapter. So everything works on my Windows 7 box even though it's an older standard. To top it off, I've got an ACT-LABS GPL shifter that has 8 gear slots (allows for 7 gears and 1 reverse, or various 6-speed layouts with the reverse on different sides of the H-pattern). I'm not totally sure I want to sell the shifter, since it's a stand-alone unit that will work with the new setup I'm planning, but if it seals the deal on the rest of the gear, you can probably twist my arm. I've got spare pedal springs and pots that I will include in the deal.

I've used this stuff with rFactor, Race 07, GTR/GTR2/etc, Live for Speed, iRacing, and probably 5 or 6 other games on the PC I can't remember off the top of my head. Never had a compatibility issue... once it's working in windows, it just works with the games. Even going back as far as Grand Prix Legends I've been able to get the full gas/brake/clutch/shifter to work.

I'm asking $100 OBO, talk to me about including the shifter.

For the XBox360 driver, I'm selling my Microsoft Wireless racing wheel. It's the 2.0 version that doesn't catch on fire. In fact, it's only about a year old, in great condition, and surprisingly one of my favorite wheels as far as the build quality goes. I'm only selling it because the setup I'm building will work for PC and XBox360 so I just don't need it. The wheel is perfect for Forza 2 & 3 on XBox360... in fact I'm pretty sure it's the *only* wheel for Forza 2, and one of just a handful of wheels for Forza 3.

These are over $100 new, I'm asking $75 OBO.

Finally, I'm thinking of unloading my copy of Rock Band, with all the gear, for XBox360. I really loved it, but since I've moved, I've never been motivated enough to set it all up the gear to play it.

I figure $50 OBO.
Old 2010-01-07, 10:16 PM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

That's a crazy deal on the Rock band gear. You can barely get a guitar alone for that price.
Old 2010-01-08, 12:42 AM   #3
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

I hate how xbox couldn't get it together enough to make a wireless RB guitar the first time around.

Last edited by 100_Percent_Juice; 2010-01-08 at 12:43 AM. Reason: ... and I almost forgot. 007 FTW!
100_Percent_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 09:18 AM   #4
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
That's a crazy deal on the Rock band gear. You can barely get a guitar alone for that price.
Wait people are selling used rock band guitars for $50? The whole thing is $100 new!
Old 2010-01-08, 09:21 AM   #5
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I hate how xbox couldn't get it together enough to make a wireless RB guitar the first time around.
It never bothered me... my real guitar has a cord, it's not much of a hindrance.
Old 2010-01-08, 09:40 AM   #6
Dewey
EJ251

Car: 98 RSTi Unicorn!
Class: Street Modified

Ocarina of Time (Legends of Zelda) is worth somewhere around $50. If it is in mint condition with the package and everything its probably worth more. You should look into that. Otherwise, that is a killer deal. i would totally jump on some of these deals if I didn't blow all of my money in China.

Good Luck with the sale Scott!
Old 2010-01-08, 09:41 AM   #7
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

When you have to run to the kitchen for more alcohol between songs it becomes a hindrance.
Old 2010-01-08, 12:39 PM   #8
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Wait people are selling used rock band guitars for $50? The whole thing is $100 new!
RB2 guitars are pretty close to that, I suppose the old ones are cheaper.
Old 2010-01-08, 01:24 PM   #9
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

None of those wheels are PS3 compatible right?
Old 2010-01-08, 01:44 PM   #10
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
None of those wheels are PS3 compatible right?
Don't think so, I don't really know. Maybe the Momo wheel is, but certainly not w/ the shifter and g/b/c pedals.

But I do have a Logitech Driving Force Pro PS2 wheel that I'm thinking about unloading as well that should work. I just didn't list it because I don't think the new wheel I want will work w/ the PS2 and I'm not totally sure I'm done w/ GT4 yet. Plus, if I do decide to give on on finishing GT4, I'll probably sell the wheel w/ my PS2 and my PS2 games.

But I'm just not quite there yet. I still like GT4 even though I'm not really playing it now. If GT5 comes out, I'll probably ditch the whole thing though.

Edit: hey wattya know!

Last edited by sperry; 2010-01-08 at 01:47 PM.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 01:55 PM   #11
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

I'm sure your Driving Force wheel is nicer than the one I have. Mine is blue and black and loud and it vibrates a lot. It's not really worth hooking up, but it does work with the 3 or so PS3 games I've tried it with. I'd like to upgrade it and get a cockpit some day.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:09 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
I'm sure your Driving Force wheel is nicer than the one I have. Mine is blue and black and loud and it vibrates a lot. It's not really worth hooking up, but it does work with the 3 or so PS3 games I've tried it with. I'd like to upgrade it and get a cockpit some day.
The DFP is the "premier" wheel that came out for GT3. It's got the 900deg rotation deal. It's a pretty nice wheel in general, but compared to most console wheels, it's awesome. Not quite the same level of force feedback power as the Momo wheel, but it's up there with the build quality. It also uses the exact same pedals as the Momo wheel. So, they're very similar products.

You might want to try the Momo wheel out. It may work with anything that works w/ the DFP. Though a quick search seems to indicate the way the PS3 works is that each game has to directly support the wheel, as opposed to Microsoft based stuff where if there's a driver, it's just a directX device that works w/ everything.

I'd be happy to sell you the momo wheel alone w/o the custom pedals or shifter from my PC setup for $60 if it works for you on the PS3.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:22 PM   #13
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Do you think the pedals that came with my Logitech Driving Force wheel would work? They're just 2 pedals and it looks like they use a telephone style connector.

Edit: I think I see the stock pedals in a pic above. The connector looks different. Does the $60 include the stock pedals?

Last edited by cody; 2010-01-08 at 02:35 PM.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:45 PM   #14
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Do you think the pedals that came with my Logitech Driving Force wheel would work? They're just 2 pedals and it looks like they use a telephone style connector.

Edit: I think I see the stock pedals in a pic above. The connector looks different. Does the $60 include the stock pedals?
Yeah, your existing pedals won't work... well they might if you were to swap the connectors perhaps. But I was including the OEM g/b pedals w/ the Momo wheel in that $60 price.
Old 2010-01-08, 05:06 PM   #15
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

PM'd ya.
Old 2010-01-08, 05:17 PM   #16
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
PM'd ya.
Responded.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:07 AM   #17
Dewey
EJ251

Car: 98 RSTi Unicorn!
Class: Street Modified

What kind of setup are you looking to buy Scott? The one that you have fabbed is pretty damn cool already.
Old 2010-01-09, 04:04 PM   #18
BOO
EJ205

Car: 12+tires
Class: Spec.

without hard work, nothing grows but weeds

Scott, let me/us know if you are willing to part out the xbox games(Actually the ones I was interested are Burnout, Colin's 05, SRS). Thanks

GC,GD,GM
BOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 01:32 PM   #19
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
What kind of setup are you looking to buy Scott? The one that you have fabbed is pretty damn cool already.
I was planning on grabbing a Fanatec turbo s wheel, but they sold out of the clubsport packages and have raised the prices if you put one together a la carte. If I'm gonna pay like $600 for a racing wheel, it's not going to be for an off the shelf deal.

I did get my driving force pro ps2 wheel working on my pc with my homebrew pedals though, so if I keep that and my 360 wheel, then I've got all the platforms covered with just two wheels, rather than 4, so I think that's what I'll do until the Fanatec wheels get cheaper.