Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2014-01-15, 05:35 PM   #1
TimWhite
n00b

Thumbs up Subaru Global Movie - I want you guys!

Hi there,

How are you all doing?

I'm Tim White, Australian filmmaker and Subaru Forester owner.

Last year Subaru Global commissioned me to create a new film showcasing the brand in a new and exciting way. I spent two hectic weeks flying across the globe (including 2 days in the beautiful state of Utah), meeting real Subaru owners and briefly filming them with their cars. We ended up with this short pilot movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc1w2-Jgv08

Now we're trying to do something pretty ambitious by inviting Subaru owners all over the world to submit their own footage. I'm going to edit it all into a short film celebrating Subaru's history and the diverse people that love their cars.
You can find out more about the project here:

SUBARU 360°

There's only a couple of weeks left before the deadline and I'd like to personally invite the SECCS community to get involved. So far there's plenty of people from Europe and Japan sending us footage, but Americans are somewhat underrepresented. Also, I'd really love to see some footage with the amazing backdrop of the Sierras!

There are a few ways you can get involved: If you have an iPhone, you can download the app which makes it all very easy. If you don't have an iPhone, you can upload on youtube, or my dropbox account. Please feel free to get in touch with me directly if you have any questions at all, either by replying on this thread or emailing me: tim (at) whitelie.com.au

Whatever model car you have (being a Subaru obviously), whatever age, whatever condition.. I'd love to see you enjoying it! If you need some some inspiration for what to shoot, check out the pilot movie above. This film isn't just about the cars, its about the people... The more interesting and fun the footage is, the better this movie will be!

Cheers,
Tim
TimWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:43 PM   #2
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Actually, I think this is really cool.

Not that I needed another project at the moment, but this is pretty motivating. I'll see what I can pull out.