Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2008-02-22, 05:48 PM   #1
chrscott_01
EJ18

Car: 2007 Sub WRX TR
Class: None....yet.

So I walk into a bar....
Default 04Envoy Help!

I know I'm on the wrong forum here and I am pretty sure I don't even own anything but metric tools but I'm hoping I can get some help. My sister-inlaw's Envoy stalled in traffic today as she pulled up to a stop light. She said she tried to go when it turned green and it just fell on its face and died. She said it started right back up and drove fine afterwords. I had her go get the code pulled an it came up with only one, a p0130. It said PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the elec. circuit for the heated O2 sensor 1 bank 1. Auto Zone sold her a new 02 sensor. This thing only has 60k on it and from what I've been able to find, it sounds more like a fuel pressure/ delivery prob. Sound about right, like I'm on the right track? I got on a trailblazer/envoy forum and from what I found it was a lot of bad injectors, fuel pumps, fuel lines and TPS sensors that are the culprits, not o2 sensors. Anyone have any input that might help?

Thanks in advance
chrscott_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 06:02 PM   #2
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

I don't think you're really gonna be able to get much help here on this one...

A failing front O2 sensor, if it's used for AFR correction, (which most are on newer vehicles) CAN cause poor idle, tip-in throttle response, and stalling. 60k miles is actually the little known life expectancy of the average O2 sensor. It's possible that it's the entire problem, but at the same time just as likely that it's something else entirely...