Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2004-04-12, 11:28 AM   #1
GotBoost?
n00b

Default Guaging Interest: 2004 All Suby show~n~shine @ BDG-San Jose

EDIT: This event will take place Saturday August 14th, 2004
Start Time: 9:30-10AM until ??

I have already talked to BDG, and they would be very happy to have us out there. They will provide A BBQ (ECONO SIZED ONE), and will take care of all the food/cooking.

If enough ppl are interested, I will get everything in order, as of yet no plans are set.

I figure we obviously will have a nice BBQ lunch,

-Festivities I would like to include would be a Raffle,
-Car Show~n~Shine with awards (specific awards are yet to be determined.)
-Canned food Drive for a local Charity (TBD)
-DJ
-Photoshoots (Groups or Solo)
-PineCar Derby Race (2 classes, Kids and Adults)
-????

No Date has been set, but I am thinking it will most likely be later in the summer (late July or Aug.)

Think about it.....and lemme know if you are interested.

-Ted

EDIT: I would like to Post this up on Other WRX/SUBARU Related Forums, I would LIKE to see this Rival the Mt. Hami meet last year w/120+ cars

Anyone that Frequents ClubWRX, WRXFanatics, or any other similar forums, please link to this thread, or post a copy of it in your forums.

Here is a link to the orig. post on I-club.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...threadid=55808
GotBoost? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 12:43 PM   #2
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

I guess I've been out of the Bay Area too long... what's "BDG"?

Also, what's the proposed date? We've got a pretty hectic AutoX schedule this season, and only a few weekends to spare.
Old 2004-04-13, 12:24 PM   #3
GotBoost?
n00b

well, the date is not yet set...but I figure, probably around late July, or Aug. Cuz, I have a pretty hecktic work schedule as well.

BDG.....aka. Big Dogs Grill, in San Jose...we have our Thurs. night meets there every week....the owners of the place encourages us to come out and hang out....they are like a "hot rod grill".....lots of car clubs meet there on different days.

here's a link to the weekly meet thread, complete w/address & Directions, FYI:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...threadid=26828

anyone that may be interested could caravan to SAC, and meet up with them if they wanted to as well. I will post more details, when I decide on a solid date or even if enough ppl are interested....

-Ted
Old 2004-04-13, 12:25 PM   #4
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Sounds fun! If no conflict, I will be there.
Old 2004-04-16, 01:10 PM   #5
GotBoost?
n00b

Well, I have been thinking, and I figure that the best time to plan this event for, will be the FIRST or SECOND weekend in August. I will be going on a business trip next weekend until May 3, so I will start planning after I get back....but anyone that can make it out, should definitely try to....its gonna be tons of FUN for the whole family!

-Ted
Old 2004-05-13, 01:23 PM   #6
GotBoost?
n00b

Note, I set the date and times for this event, for those that may be interested in coming down. This weekend, I will be talking to some vendors to see if they will be willing to donate some raffle prizes, plus I will be getting the food in order as well....

the menu will be the typical Burgers, Dogs, and for those that are veggie heads...BOCA burgers, with all the usual condiments.

I hope I get to see the SECCS crew out, I know its a long drive, but it should be a blast.

Also, (crosses fingers) I am in the process of buying a house, so HOPEFULLY I will have a house by the time this event takes place. Provided I DO have a place, anyone that would like to stay the night will be welcome, cuz I know its a long boring drive over the hill, and definitely not something I like doing more than once a day.
Old 2004-05-13, 02:07 PM   #7
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Nice going! I will definatly let you know the plans.