Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > Reviews

Reviews Post reviews of vendors & aftermarket parts, as well as find local shops for working on your Subaru.

Old 2011-01-11, 12:45 PM   #26
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
First post to the forum. I am scheduled to pick up a 2011 Sti on Monday (scheduled delivery date - have been waiting about 10 weeks now). Taking the car over to Sierra to have a clear bra put on. From speaking to Derek, it sounds like they know what they are doing - but will be able to report after the work gets done. He offered a good price and offered to throw in some extras.

Background: This will be my third Sub, but the first in a long while. I have been stuck messing around with Lotus for a while (still have a Seven), but am coming back to Subaru for some all wheel fun.
Sweet! Welcome aboard. I'm sure you're anxious to get your car. I'd love to see it at a meet. Be sure to post up if you ever plan to attend one.
Old 2011-01-11, 01:26 PM   #27
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

Welcome! That car is going to be sweet. What color did you get?
Old 2011-01-12, 05:29 PM   #28
thegoat
n00b

Car: 2011 WRX STi

White. I think that is part of why it hasn't taken 10+ weeks to get here from order. Supposedly white STi hatches are in short supply (or over demand).
Old 2011-01-24, 05:06 PM   #29
thegoat
n00b

Car: 2011 WRX STi

After finally getting the car on Thursday (one day short of a painfully long 11 week wait), I took it down to Dexter at Sierra Invisible Shield. They were finishing up with a Ferrari California (first I have seen in person - actually looks good).

Dexter walked me through his equipment and what areas he would be covering as part of his Subaru package. It is a lot. I had talked to Trimline, and Dexter was putting on much more clearbra for less cost. I left the car with Dexter to pick up on Friday at 5p. He has plenty of space to keep the cars garaged at night.

I returned the next day to pick up the car. Dexter was on the phone so one of his guys walked me through the work they did. It all looked great. They wrap the edges, and all of their material is precut, so you don't get a hack using a razor blade against your paint to cut the shield (had a friend have his brand new m3 get jacked up this way).

I am very pleased with the work they have done. If anything goes wrong, Dexter promises to stand behind his product and work.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:21 PM   #30
eggeegg
EJ22

Car: 2006 Subaru WRX Sedan

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Default Why didn't I do this earlier?

Just want to post about the great work recently done by the guys at Sierra Invisible Shield on the new car. Well, the car was used with around 5,000 miles and already had a couple of tiny dings and scuffs. At least it won't get worse on the front end of the car. Anyways, I met Jr Dex who was very polite, helpful, and reassuring. He gave me a tour and showed me a Ferrari Italia they were currently working on.

They now use Suntek paint protection film, which has self-healing properties. This is what really sold me to having a clear bra put on. I think Xpel Ultimate is the only other product that has this feature.

I had the film applied to the full hood, front bumper, headlights, front part of the fenders, and under the door handles. Dex offered me more pieces for the front pillars and rear bumper at no extra charge but I declined because I thought it would be too noticeable. I now wish I had taken that offer.

The work was exceptional and does not disturb the look of the car at all. There are no bubbles or stretchmarks and I can't see the bra standing more than two feet away. The following pictures don't really catch the awesome final product and workmanship.

Stage 2 (XPT); Cobb DP; SPT intake, heatshield, CBE, radiator shroud, turbo shield; STI pink springs;Whiteline 20-24mm RSB; Kartboy End Links; rally pig sticker; 5zigen FN01R-C 17x8 w/ 225/45/17 RE960 AS PP; Hella twin supertones

Last edited by eggeegg; 2013-05-25 at 08:08 PM.
eggeegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 03:49 PM   #31
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Oh man, I love your Audi, any full shots anywhere?
Old 2013-05-25, 05:11 PM   #32
eggeegg
EJ22

Car: 2006 Subaru WRX Sedan

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Oh man, I love your Audi, any full shots anywhere?
Thanks, there are some here: http://s88.photobucket.com/user/meplanet/library/TT-RS
Stage 2 (XPT); Cobb DP; SPT intake, heatshield, CBE, radiator shroud, turbo shield; STI pink springs;Whiteline 20-24mm RSB; Kartboy End Links; rally pig sticker; 5zigen FN01R-C 17x8 w/ 225/45/17 RE960 AS PP; Hella twin supertones
eggeegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:16 PM   #33
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Carrie has SIS cover the front of her Allroad, and they used the previously-mentioned matte film on the fender flares ( the allroad has a matte finish on the paint on the flairs). This maintains the look of the paint, they did a great job and at a great price. Really impressed with the way this turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(7).JPG
Views:	91
Size:	429.4 KB
ID:	6686  

Old 2013-06-28, 07:49 AM   #34
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Wow, that's slick.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:14 AM   #35
k-dogg39
Little Slugger

Car: 05 WRB STI Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Class: 39 TSM

I'm not crazy, I'm just passionate!

Lets see some full pics of that Kraut Wagon!
k-dogg39 is offline   Reply With Quote