Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2007-01-21, 07:03 PM   #1
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!
Default OEM skid plate for MY 04+ WRX $20

The dealer installed this skid plate on my car a few months ago. It fit fine, but it had to be removed to change the oil filter unlike the MY 02/03 OEM piece as it reached back to the jacking plate. I'm 99% sure this is the one that comes stock on the MY 04+ Imprezas. I have the part # somewhere if sombody wants me to look it up. I just uninstalled it and replaced it with the the right one.

$20 takes it.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 07:28 PM   #2
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter

pics?
Old 2007-01-21, 07:39 PM   #3
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Just crawl under your car and look up.
Old 2007-01-21, 08:32 PM   #4
Joeyy
i can has kart?

Do I want to know why you had to replace your old one? Remember, you have to keep that cheese wagon in good shape for April. No more of this missing two and three events in a row.
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 08:55 PM   #5
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

It was replaced once by the body shop after the boulder assault that you already know about. The body shop installed one just like this one. I brought it to Lithia so they could replace it (and a couple other things) with the correct parts and they replaced it with another identicle piece.

They also replaced the wrong fender liner. The one they replaced was brand new as well. Yep, they replaced two new parts with identicle ones for no reason and refused to fix their mistake. Oh yah, they had to remove my rear sway to replace another part and they re-installed the sway with the endlinks below the axles. The ends of the bar were like 2" from the ground.

PS. Fuck Justin, Service Guy at Lithia. Progressive was pretty cool and covered everything though.
Old 2007-01-21, 08:57 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
It was replaced once by the body shop after the boulder assault that you already know about. The body shop installed one just like this one. I brought it to Lithia so they could replace it (and a couple other things) with the correct parts and they replaced it with another identicle piece.

They also replaced the wrong fender liner. The one they replaced was brand new as well. Yep, they replaced two new parts with identicle ones for no reason and refused to fix their mistake. Oh yah, they had to remove my rear sway to replace another part and they re-installed the sway with the endlinks below the axles. The ends of the bar were like 2" from the ground.

PS. Fuck Justin, Service Guy at Lithia. Progressive was pretty cool and covered everything though.
You think Justin's bad? You should have seen the guy he replaced!
Old 2007-01-21, 09:04 PM   #7
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

No, I think Justin as top Douche at Lithia
Old 2007-01-22, 07:32 AM   #8
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

I must say, John Arrington (who Justin replaced, IIRC) was the BIGGEST IDIOT I EVER MET!!!!! that is all
Old 2007-01-22, 09:18 AM   #9
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV
I must say, John Arrington (who Justin replaced, IIRC) was the BIGGEST IDIOT I EVER MET!!!!! that is all
That's the guy. Anyone remember this gem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry rant from back in the day
Thursday, Mar 21, 2002

I went by Lithia Reno Subaru Service Dept. and talked to John. Explained my clutch was making a buzzing noise under deceleration between 2500-3500 rpms. Said I had noticed it since the day I got the car, but assumed it was normal. Explained that I've recently heard other people have had this problem, and that it was a known problem with a known solution available via the SOA tech line. Brought a printout that summarized the tech line information:

- Rattle under de-cel usually in 3rd gear, 4000-2000 Rpm usually.
- Increase rear tire pressure 4 psi, decrease front 4 psi, should get louder. Do the opposite, should get quieter.
- If the last six digits of you VIN are lower than 515611, you have the old type clutch from the factory. If your motor number is less than 331738 (white tag, hard to find), you have the old clutch from the factory.
- The official subaru tech line fix (as of today), is IF your car HAS the OLD clutch parts as indicated by the VIN and Motor numbers, IT IS TO BE REPLACED BY THE FOLLOWING PARTS:

30100AA790 - Disc
30210AA530 - Cover (pressure plate)
12342AA050 - Flywheel
800610740 - Bolts

Service Rep (John) told me that he can't do warranty work on my car just because I bring him a printout of a problem. I told him that I just want to schedule a time to get a tech ride-a-long so a tech could diagnose the problem. John scheduled me for Wed, Mar 27, 2002 for an 8am ride-a-long.

Wednesday, Mar 27, 2002

Arrived for ride-along at 8:30. John's technician Mike rode with me. After demonstrating the noise, Mike told me he knows what noise I'm talking about. He tells me he has a WRX and his car makes the same noise and he thinks that it's normal. I show Mike the above-mentioned printout, and a copy of an invoice from another dealer who has fixed a similar problem:

For clarity, the text is reprinted below:

A CUSTOMER STATES CHECK FOR ENGINE NOISE, SEE HISTORY
ENG ENGINE REPAIR / DIAGNOSTICS
343 WS (N/C)
1 30100AA790 DISC CP CLUTCH (N/C)
1 30210AA530 COVER CP CLUTCH (N/C)
1 12342AA050 FLY WHL AY FLEX (N/C)
8 800610740 BOLT (N/C)

4315 ENGINE NOISE WARRENTY TEST DROVE WITH CUSTOMER, HEARD ON DECEL A GROWLING NOISE FROM FRANS, OR TURBO AREA. CHECKED READINGS WITH NSM ALL READINGS APPEAR NORMAL, CHECKED TRANS FLUID OK. CALLED TECH LINE AND TALKED TO MIKE. AFTER CHANGING TIRE PSI AND SEVERAL TEST DRIVES WE DETERMINED NOISE RO BE COMING FROM THE CLUTCH. ORDERED PARTS WITH #S GIVEN TO ME FROM THE TECH LINE. REMOVED TRANS, REPLACED FLYWHEEL, PILOT BEARING, PRESSURE PLATE AND DISC. REASSEMBLED AND TEST DROVE. HEARD NO OTHER ABNORMAL NOISES. 2.0 TURBO MANUAL TRANS AWD.
B WARRENTY PAIN RENTAL
WARRRENT WARRENTY PAID RENTAL
343 WS (N/C)

I explained to mike that I’ve heard the clutch problem is common on early WRXs. Mike was interested to call the tech line. We went back to John. Mike tells John he heard the noise, but thought it was normal. John immediately agrees the noise was normal. Mike shows him the second printout, John tells me he’ll have to do some research on the topic, and that he’ll call me as soon as he has more information.

I left Subaru at 8:50am. Did not receive a call. Called Subaru at 4:30pm talked to John. John tells me that he has a called placed with the tech line and is waiting for them to call him back.

5:15pm, John calls my work number, but I am away from my desk. Leaves a message for me to call him.

5:20pm, I return John’s phone call. He tells me his tech Mike called the tech line and spoke with the Mike listed on the Carr Subaru Invoice. John tells me his tech has determined the noise to be normal, and he can’t replace anything if there’s no problem. I ask John what the tech line said. John tells me again that his tech says the noise is normal because his tech has a WRX and he knows what they sound like. John tells me if I have a problem with any of this to call the Subaru of America customer service number.

John never tells me what the tech line said, and has determined my car is normal without following the testing procedure the tech line should have given him.

Thursday, March 28, 2002

Called Subaru, talked to John. Asked John to fax me my service record. John says he’s not allowed to do fax, it only the office manager Bill Metgart can fax it to me, and he’s out till Monday. I ask John to reiterate what the tech line said about my car. John says he already told me. I ask again, so John forwards my call to Mike the technician that did the ride-along and called the tech line.

I ask Mike what the tech line says. Mike tells me the tech line says the noise is normal gear noise. I asked I ask him if the tech line gave him a testing procedure to determine if the sound was from the clutch or not. He says yes they did. I ask how can he determine the noise is normal when the test was not performed on my car. He tells me the sound is from the transmission. I ask again, how can he know that without performing the test. He says I should call the Service Dept. back, and they will schedule a District Service Operations Manager to check out my car.

Called John back. Explain that I’d like to make sure all the discussions we’ve had are noted on my service record. John tells me there’s no way for him to edit my service record. I tell him Mike was given a testing procedure that was not performed on my car before determining everything was normal, and that I must have that noted on my service record. John tells me if I bring my car by, he can have a tech look at it and generate a service record. I tell him that I’d just like the non-test of my car noted. He told me Bill Metgart will be in the office at 1pm today, and that he’d talk with Bill about fixing my service record. I asked him to make sure Bill Metgart calls me when he gets in, John agrees.

Called Subaru of America, talked to Eric. Received case number: 374 524. Eric suggested two possible courses of action: 1) Schedule a meeting at Lithia Subaru with a District Service Operations Manager to have the car inspected by SOA, or 2) go to another dealer, and start over. I decided to call Michael Hohl Subaru in Carson City. I scheduled an appointment for Monday at 9am to have the clutch evaluated.

Never heard from Bill Metgart.

Monday, April 01, 2002

Went to Michael Hohl Subaru in Carson City for my 9am appointment. Not only was the service staff friendly and helpful, their technician already knew of the problem, and the solution. It took me all of 2 minutes from walking in the door, to having my parts on order. Hopefully in a week the installation will go just as smoothly.

This leaves me very disappointed with the staff at Lithia Reno Subaru. I had assumed that they were perhaps under stiff constraints regarding warranty work, and had to make sure there was a definitive problem with the car. Now I believe they simply wished to avoid servicing my car… for whatever reasons I cannot understand. Lithia Reno Subaru will never get my business again, and I will recommend to everyone that may consider going there to make the 20 minutes drive to Carson City to visit Michael Hohl Subaru instead.
John was the laziest, most unwilling to work with a customer, and most arrogant person I've ever met in the automotive industry. Yes, he was *worse* than all the car salesmen I've ever met.
Old 2007-01-22, 09:40 AM   #10
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
That's the guy. Anyone remember this gem?

John was the laziest, most unwilling to work with a customer, and most arrogant person I've ever met in the automotive industry. Yes, he was *worse* than all the car salesmen I've ever met.
Seems like he did a lot of work to not have Lithia do work for you.
Old 2007-01-22, 11:36 AM   #11
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

John essentially did the same shit to me, with my tranny when it would POP out of reverse at only 20k miles. Luckily for me, I know the manager there personally, so I went in to his office and "expressed my dissent" toward John, and Bill immediately made John get off his ass and have my tranny rebuilt. Dick.
Old 2007-01-22, 12:24 PM   #12
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

My car doesnt have a factory skid plate
Old 2007-01-22, 01:59 PM   #13
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
My car doesnt have a factory skid plate
Yes it does. Cody's talking about the plastic splash guard that's on all Imprezas... but I guess he thinks it's cooler to imply that it might actually protect the car from something other than water.
Old 2007-01-22, 02:07 PM   #14
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Yes it does. Cody's talking about the plastic splash guard that's on all Imprezas... but I guess he thinks it's cooler to imply that it might actually protect the car from something other than water.
On the 04 and 05 a lot of people took those off to make oil changes easier. I don't know if Joel is the first owner of his car, but if not the previous owner might have removed it.

Like Scott said though, it's not really a skid plate. Just a big piece of black plastic.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 02:58 PM   #15
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Yeah like I said my car is naked. I dont even have the bottom manifold heatshield on yet from the uppipe gut.
Old 2007-01-22, 03:16 PM   #16
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
Yeah like I said my car is naked. I dont even have the bottom manifold heatshield on yet from the uppipe gut.
Nice. Only pussies avoid cracking their headers every time they drive through a puddle... real men Like $500 boost leaks!
Old 2007-01-22, 03:57 PM   #17
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Thats what im talking about!!
Old 2007-01-22, 06:53 PM   #18
cody
Candy Mountain

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Whatever, it totally protects the car from flowers and small bunnies.
Old 2007-01-22, 07:05 PM   #19
Joeyy
i can has kart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Whatever, it totally protects the car from flowers and small bunnies.
I hit a bunny on the way into Stead at the last event. The guy behind me shit. Death by coilovers, figure with the stock struts the bunny may have lived. Poor little shit.
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote