Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat Talk about life in general...

Old 2004-08-21, 06:25 PM   #1
murphy
EJ22

Car: 03 evo, 06 R6
Default got back from camping hiking

Well my dad and I got rained out..it was nice thursday night and spuratic rain on friday, but it just came down today around noon...but some good stuff happened.
Thursday we set up camp and took a quad ride to find some trail heads. we got back and made dinner and a fire...then about 8:00 we herd it..some loud ass noises it sounded like 30 chicks screaming..then more like animals..then I thought coyotes..and they were close. So out came the pistol, incase they came to close. They did not. The flashing lights and horn from the truck alarm did it...Now I've herd many a coyote and seem many..but these sounded strange not exactly yipping like you hear...we get in the tent and as always I can't sleep..(dad snors bad) I hear them again only they are closer than last time and I can make out individual animals not just one big thing. Still thinking that those coyoteies sound very strange. Sleep a little. very late perhaps about 3:30 I hear it again only its very close this time I can easly make out about 7 or so animals...this one wakes up my dad..even he was suprised they were as close as they are..car alarm again..end of events..
Friday..we take a long quad ride to some meadow about 10 miles away or so..we talk to the owner keeper and tell him about last night..he gave us a strange look and told us that they wern't coyoteies they don't run around in large groups anymore...well not since the re-introduction of the mexican grey wolf! thats right Wolves..he pulled out the map and showed us that about 9 had been released in the general area we made camp! and 12 pretty close to his lodge..a few miles away...and he sees them all the time when he checks his well about a half mile away..
on the way back we see a few deer crossing the trail we were on and a shit load of wild turkeys.Yes wild turkeys. and it rain on us a little when riding back.(by little I'm being sarcastic.)
build a camp fire even bigger tonight..and well we hear it agian about 8:00..they are pretty close again...so we pull out one of out big spot lights..and scan the trees around the camp...we see movement and about 6 sets of eyes...they are very close...close enough for us to say fuck it we are out of here in the morning..morning came our trash hole is dug up. and paw prints in the mud around tent...light rain over the night..yes it was light this time....we take another quad ride and get drenched the temp has dropped to like 58 from the 70 it was earlyer..we pack up and come back to phoenix...wolves scare me..well the wild ones do.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 06:54 PM   #2
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

wow. glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.
Old 2004-08-21, 07:00 PM   #3
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

I'm not down with the wolves...damn.

glad you are alive.

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 07:12 PM   #4
murphy
EJ22

Car: 03 evo, 06 R6

one of those times it be sweet to have a video cam. but no the one thing my dad don't have. Well me too for that.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote