Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-20, 08:55 AM   #26
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nKoan
Not that I speed on the street a lot, but yes, there are different levels of danger, hence why the laws are much different. Speeding carries a small fine if caught. Crossing a double yellow carries a heavier fine. If you think they are one in the same, you need to take drivers ed again, cause that's just fucked up. Also, even if I speed and even if I'm a hypocrite, you still are a dumbass on the road. I'm not calling you a hypocrite (because obviously you don't care if you drive like a jackass), I'm saying my hypocracy doesn't make you any less of an idiot. You're still a jackass on the road if you cross a double yellow, regardless of whatever the hell I do or say.

Just two days ago in Sacramento, some kids crossed over a double yellow. They thought it was safe. It was straight, clear and narrow in their mind, yet they ended up hitting on coming traffic and killing 4 people. You can't honestly tell me that you know exactly what is happening on that road all the time. You can take a good guess, but you can't know, especially when passing a truck. You have huge blind spots. It really is funny to think you imagine yourself some sort or heroic rebel, because you 'break the rules' when you want to, but in reality you're just another idiot that is out to give the rest of us a bad name.
I think you suffer from "Post Rage", which is very similar to "Road Rage" so I'm told...
Old 2006-04-20, 09:00 AM   #27
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinr
I think you suffer from "Post Rage", which is very similar to "Road Rage" so I'm told...
Maybe, but I just want to help you understand why people are pissed off at you. If you want to think I'm just raging, and ignore my advice so be it, but do that at your own risk.

It takes a lot of balls to originally post this thread, but to honestly think you have a defensible position is sad. You do, though, have some credibility for apologizing. I think I'm done acting like your mom, so I'll shut up, but please realize you aren't the only person on the road, and that you can't know everything it all times. Every day I have to read stories by jackass kids who are driving like maniacs where my friends and family drive every day, and the last thing I need is for my grandpa to be hit in a head-on with some kid in a bugeye who was 'impatient'

Last edited by Nick Koan; 2006-04-20 at 09:05 AM.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:06 AM   #28
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

This morning on my commute I was following another motorcycle up Grant Line. Double yellows didn't seem to mean anything to him. It reminded me of this thread. That is all.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:06 AM   #29
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Is that one of the benefits of a motorcycle license? Don't have to worry about traffic laws anymore?

But wait, that would mean most soccer moms have motorcycle licenses
Old 2006-04-20, 09:13 AM   #30
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
I feel like Maverick on Top Gun...
Were you making a high-speed pass over an air-control tower with Penny Benjamin in the backseat?
Old 2006-04-20, 09:26 AM   #31
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruspeed
weirdest post ever.
I was just obliging Kevin's request. Those are Matt's eyes.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:28 AM   #32
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

dustinr, Nick isn't the only one with "post rage". Driving like an impatient prick is not going to win you any points with most of us on here. Nick is saying exactly what me and probably a few others are thinking. If you really believe that you can be 100% sure that crossing a double yellow is going to be safe, then you are extremely naive. And if that's how you drive the EVO, I can just imagine how much worse you are on the bike.

I hope for the rest of the club's sake that you don't have any SECCS stickers on your rides. Please remove them if you are going to continue to drive like an ass, the rest of us really don't need the attention from law enforcement. And know that one day you will be wrong, and you will hurt or kill someone (hopefully only yourself) because you were "impatient". Have fun living with that on your conscience.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:37 AM   #33
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

Quote:
Is that one of the benefits of a motorcycle license? Don't have to worry about traffic laws anymore?

But wait, that would mean most soccer moms have motorcycle licenses
<---MC rider

I did my part and only passed where allowed without any disadvantage to traffic position. Kinda like the turtis and hare.
Old 2006-04-20, 09:40 AM   #34
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

I know, I know. I was just joking around with that statement.
Old 2006-04-20, 10:00 AM   #35
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

I just hope the affore mentioned STI isn't black. I have bad luck with people in black STIs acting up near me...
Old 2006-04-20, 10:11 AM   #36
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Funny though that I see rex's all over town that I know I've seen at the meets, and they always want to play drag race whether I'm driving the STi, the Evo or the bike. So don't pretend that your club is holy'er than thou... some of you are part of the dark side...
I think everyone else has pretty much said what I would say, but I still want to address this one comment specifically.

SECCS does not advocate the breaking of laws, regardless of the situation. We don't post about street racing, we don't post about "this one time I was going 140 on the highway", we don't post about passing trucks in an area that's notorious for car on truck accidents over a double yellow.

Does that mean all SECCS members are perfect angelic drivers? Of course not... but it means you come on the boards like a dumb-ass and advocate those actions! Like Nick said, I've got to give you some respect for coming on the board and apologizing. That was a class act move. And perhaps some of us were a little quick to flame you, even though you were apologizing. But to attempt to defend your actions as justifiable goes a long way to un-apologize. It also goes against the board's policy of not advocating jackassery. If you think it's okay to drive like an idiot, at the very least, keep your mouth shut about it on the boards and take your licks when the rest of us come down on you.

Think of it this way. You pissed off Matt pretty severly with your antics. What happens when you do that to someone w/ less self control? What happens when some pissed truck driver *intentionally* decides to run you into the median? You think that EVO can stand up to a rig? What happens when that happens and you're on the bike?

I understand "agressive" defensive driving... i.e. proactively staying out of trouble, especially on a bike. But darting out of a truck's blind spot to pass doesn't count. The fact that you were able to pull two stupid moves in one day, against the same truck speaks volumes to the way you must drive all the time. To me, it sounds like you're well down the path to becoming the owner of a crashed EVO, or a stain on the road if you're riding the bike. Normally I'd advocate "taking it to the track" instead of driving agressively on the street, but frankly I wouldn't want to share the track with you either... I'd be too worried that you'd ignore the yellow flags because you're some sorta "free thinker".

As far as a modified blue wagon trying to race you... they're not part of SECCS. The last blue wagon in the club was Debbie's, and it was unmodified (B-Stock legal), not driven childishly, and died by rear-ending a few years back.
Old 2006-04-20, 10:14 AM   #37
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
As far as a modified blue wagon trying to race you... they're not part of SECCS. The last blue wagon in the club was Debbie's, and it was unmodified (B-Stock legal), not driven childishly, and died by rear-ending a few years back.
Probably Jason.
Old 2006-04-20, 10:16 AM   #38
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Probably Jason.
That car was blown up even before Debbie's was wrecked, wasn't it?
Old 2006-04-20, 10:17 AM   #39
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

Quote:
Maybe, but I just want to help you understand why people are pissed off at you. If you want to think I'm just raging, and ignore my advice so be it, but do that at your own risk.

It takes a lot of balls to originally post this thread, but to honestly think you have a defensible position is sad. You do, though, have some credibility for apologizing. I think I'm done acting like your mom, so I'll shut up, but please realize you aren't the only person on the road, and that you can't know everything it all times. Every day I have to read stories by jackass kids who are driving like maniacs where my friends and family drive every day, and the last thing I need is for my grandpa to be hit in a head-on with some kid in a bugeye who was 'impatient'
I don't mind criticism, I do mind insults. Hence my facetious responses.

My original intention was to apologize to Matt, and of course, being on a forum, there are those that feel it their responsibility to society to chastise and insult in order to get their point across that I drive like an ass. Easy to make over generalizations when your reading about an incident and not actually witnessing it, but so be it. I admit that I drive more aggressive than your average person, but I also guarantee that my situational awareness and self preservative instincts are on par. This isn't my first sports car either.My dad had me racing shifter karts when I was a kid and I started buying high performance cars and bikes in the early 90's and I put myself through numerous riding and driving schools and even raced in a few Formula Mazda races and some AFM events. And to be honest, after riding and racing bikes, driving a car at it's limit is a lot easier. Being unsmooth in a car is a lot more forgiving than being unsmooth on a bike. But anyway ... I apologize again for stepping on anyone's driving sensibilities.
Old 2006-04-20, 10:37 AM   #40
dustinr
EJ18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Were you making a high-speed pass over an air-control tower with Penny Benjamin in the backseat?
It actually wasn't my fault

Matt threw on the brakes and I flew right by. (joke)
Old 2006-04-20, 10:41 AM   #41
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
That car was blown up even before Debbie's was wrecked, wasn't it?
I didn't think so? Maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
I don't mind criticism, I do mind insults. Hence my facetious responses.
I'm sure Matt appreciates the apology and I think it's nice that you were able to admit you were wrong. People in general just like to preach and Scott always has a heart attack about our board being labelled as a bunch of idiot ricers. Just the way life goes. As long you doesn't drive like an asshole at meets or drift past people on the street yelling "SECCS bitches" I don't think it really reflects poorly on us as a group. You can just join Ryan in the moron driver section of the club. haha jk
Old 2006-04-20, 10:51 AM   #42
khail19
EJ205

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
drift past people on the street yelling "SECCS bitches" I don't think it really reflects poorly on us as a group.
Even if he did, people would think he was yelling "sex bitches", he'd have to have a sign in his window that said "SECCS bitches".
Old 2006-04-20, 10:53 AM   #43
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khail19
he'd have to have a sign in his window that said "SECCS bitches".
I have one of those, people always come up ask how much my girls charge for an hour? I don't understand why.
Old 2006-04-20, 11:11 AM   #44
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Just so you all know, when I yell out my window about "Sex"...I'm talking about coitus.
Old 2006-04-20, 11:25 AM   #45
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

Maybe that's why people always look at me funny when I say I'm going to the weekly SECCS meet.

Old 2006-04-20, 11:26 AM   #46
khail19
EJ205

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Just so you all know, when I yell out my window about "Sex"...I'm talking about coitus.

Then why don't you just yell coitus?

Cause then everyone named Curtis within earshot would follow you around all day.

Last edited by khail19; 2006-04-20 at 11:28 AM.
Old 2006-04-20, 11:33 AM   #47
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Neat thread.
Old 2006-04-20, 12:06 PM   #48
khail19
EJ205

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnydaJibba
Neat thread.
I agree. I don't think SECCS has ever had a serious thread (unless it was someone passing away) that didn't end up off topic. And usually in a goofy retarded way. I guess that's why I love this place.
Old 2006-04-20, 12:22 PM   #49
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Old 2006-04-20, 04:31 PM   #50
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
It actually wasn't my fault

Matt threw on the brakes and I flew right by. (joke)
OKay, as crappy as this whole thread is, that post made me laugh dammit.

Guys, thanks for all the input, I think it's clear where everyone stands and there no sense discussing it further IMO.

That is all.