Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2005-05-23, 01:53 PM   #26
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Of all the WRX/STI exhaust in Reno, I still like the Megan racing Cat back Tyson has. granted, it is only a cat back, but it has an awsome sound IMHO. not to loud without the silencer, and down right pleasant with.

The throat and rumble is very low and distinct. Wonder if you can still find them on ebay?

I like my BPM, but it is just plain load and throaty, even with the silencer, it still reads 94 DB @ 75 feet.
Old 2005-05-23, 02:01 PM   #27
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Of all the WRX/STI exhaust in Reno, I still like the Megan racing Cat back Tyson has. granted, it is only a cat back, but it has an awsome sound IMHO. not to loud without the silencer, and down right pleasant with.

The throat and rumble is very low and distinct. Wonder if you can still find them on ebay?

I like my BPM, but it is just plain load and throaty, even with the silencer, it still reads 94 DB @ 75 feet.
The problem w/ the BMP is that in addition to being plain loud, at WOT it's really brash and obnoxious, very similar to a straight pipe. However, the flow characteristics for it must rock, since it's got pretty much just 3 pipes instead of a real muffler.