Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-07-09, 04:07 PM   #1
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe
Default Feedback, SCCA newsletter article

Hey there, this is a call for quick feedback on content for an upcoming Reno region newsletter article.

Since I proposed the WRX incentive program to Reno SCCA, I also took on the role of 'wrx program coordinator". As such, I'll submit articles for the Reno SCCA newsletter, as space and interest allows.

This 1st article is going to be focused on what it is we will do to participate in the incentive program. Some of you have seen the categories, but as a reminder:
Retention, 20%- 1st year WRX scca membership/renewals
1st Contact, 20% - region program that makes 1st contact with new WRX SCCA members
Communications, 20% - region communications regularly feature Subaru-related articles
Competition events, 15% - competitive events specifically featuring subaru
Other involvement, 10% - region highlights or features Subaru in non-competitive, social events
Local dealership, 10% - proposed involvement with local dealership or dealer groups
Participation, 5% - avg # subarus (all models) in region events

I'm forming up the article to say that I'll be working with seccs.org and the reno region scca members to assign each of these categories to someone. That someone will be asked to run with our ideas to participate and track progress.

I know Scott has volunteered, who else is interested in helping with this, and which item would you be most interested in helping with?

Sorry for late notice, but 1st article feedback is needed tonight for article submission tomorrow. Future newsletters will include other topics, such as "My experience with my new WRX in autocross", or, "Fun things I've done with my WRX" (where I'll be writing the article about one of you!).

Ideas, questions, feedback - post 'em.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-07-09, 04:27 PM   #2
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Let me know what I can do. I am more then willing to help.
Old 2003-07-28, 03:46 PM   #3
dknv
EJ207

Last week I got a list of (N. Nevada) WRX owners who have turned in their free SCCA memberships. Several of us are in this list, but I was pretty surprised to see the list now has 50 names. Of those 50, 8 of us have been to at least 1 autox in our WRX this year, another 3 are attending events but in different vehicles, leaving 39 potential people to get in contact with.

Request for help: need someone to help with a '1st Contact' campaign. Eric Gangloff has already sent a 1st contact email to those people who supplied their email address, but I was thinking we should send another communication to this list - invite them out to the next autoX, let them know about renoscca.com and seccs.org, and see if they have interest in becoming involved.

Ideas? And who wants to help?
Old 2003-07-28, 04:12 PM   #4
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv
Last week I got a list of (N. Nevada) WRX owners who have turned in their free SCCA memberships. Several of us are in this list, but I was pretty surprised to see the list now has 50 names. Of those 50, 8 of us have been to at least 1 autox in our WRX this year, another 3 are attending events but in different vehicles, leaving 39 potential people to get in contact with.

Request for help: need someone to help with a '1st Contact' campaign. Eric Gangloff has already sent a 1st contact email to those people who supplied their email address, but I was thinking we should send another communication to this list - invite them out to the next autoX, let them know about renoscca.com and seccs.org, and see if they have interest in becoming involved.

Ideas? And who wants to help?
As long as these are opt in email addresses (I hate spammers and don't want to be one) I'll send out a seccs.org invitation to 'em if you will forward me their addresses! Or I can write up an invite to the site and pass it on to you to be sent off as you deem fit.
Old 2003-07-29, 07:28 AM   #5
dknv
EJ207

Scott, if you could write an invite to the site, that w/b great. I agree with you re: spammers, plus with some email systems filtering out webpage admin emails, it might be better if an email came from our personal email address and as a representative of the scca. Thanks!
Old 2003-07-29, 08:36 AM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Okay, here's a go, feel free to suggest any changes, particulary I think it needs more SCCA info, and it seems to read a bit choppy... so help me clean it up!

Quote:
Dear new WRX owner and SCCA member!

Welcome to the Subaru community! As you may know, one of the most rewarding aspects of owning a Subaru is the wonderful community of owners and enthusiasts that surrounds these quirky little all-wheel-drive cars. The same is true when it comes to the SCCA's close knit Reno Region.

As a founding member of the Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras (www.seccs.org), and on behalf of the Reno Region SCCA (www.renoscca.com), I'd like to invite you to join us for a weekend of racing, or an evening with your fellow Subaru Enthusiasts!

Feel free to browse over to our websites, www.seccs.org and www.renoscca.com. Here you'll find other Reno Subaru owners, and information regarding local SCCA events, including AutoCross!

Or feel free to drop by the 4th Turn Bar and Grill, Thursdays at 7pm, where SECCS usually holds its weekly meetings (across the street from Lithia Subaru). Come for good food and drink, Subaru related discussion, and usually a rally race on the big screen TV! Check the websites for the latest meeting and race information.

We hope you become an active member of the Subaru community! We'd love to see you soon at one of our events!

Sincerely,

Scott Perry
www.seccs.org
Old 2003-07-29, 09:14 AM   #7
dknv
EJ207

It reads really well, thanks Scott!

If you could just change renoscca.org to .com, then let's run it by the RE - Dave Deborde, for his blessing.
Old 2003-07-29, 09:24 AM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv
It reads really well, thanks Scott!

If you could just change renoscca.org to .com, then let's run it by the RE - Dave Deborde, for his blessing.
Whatever could you mean ".com"?
Old 2003-07-29, 09:56 AM   #9
dknv
EJ207

Last edited by sperry on Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Old 2003-07-29, 10:01 AM   #10
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

I just noticed from that post, the board is still running Standard Time.... I guess the server never switched over to Daylight Savings?