Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Technical Chat

Technical Chat Ask and answer technical car questions.

Old 2005-03-20, 03:12 PM   #1
bruspeed
EJ251

Car: 2005 2.5 rs cgm
Class: TDSP
Default Usual indecisive suspension question

So I'm Thinking around here i'm gonna need some adjustability, so how does skunk2 coilovers on kyb agx's sound? I'm hoping to make it to a couple autocross track days, and just all around spirited driving, but I have to d.d. it, so.....? Also the requisite sways and end links are going on, probably first. Any advice would really help out alot, Thanks in advance!

Chris :wink:
Old 2005-03-20, 03:51 PM   #2
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

First off, skunk2 is eBay junk, I honestly wouldn't use it for free. That said, even a good set of ground Control with rates match to AGXs is probably overkill for what you want. If you're looking for part-time autocross improvement without sacrificing ride comfort, just get the AGXs and a good set of springs like STi pinks or Prodrives along with a set of adjustable sway bars. If you really want improvement, there are some good full coilover choices that help the handling a lot without killing ride quality. I just don't know if you'll get the extra $1,000 of performance out of them compared to the spring/strut combo.
Old 2005-03-20, 04:59 PM   #3
qksubi
Assault Mechanic

Car: 13 Sti Hatch Satin white
Class: TBSP/TT-2

Aim for the EYES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
First off, skunk2 is eBay junk, I honestly wouldn't use it for free. That said, even a good set of ground Control with rates match to AGXs is probably overkill for what you want. If you're looking for part-time autocross improvement without sacrificing ride comfort, just get the AGXs and a good set of springs like STi pinks or Prodrives along with a set of adjustable sway bars. If you really want improvement, there are some good full coilover choices that help the handling a lot without killing ride quality. I just don't know if you'll get the extra $1,000 of performance out of them compared to the spring/strut combo.
Kevin is right but dont forget the top mounts and end links with the pinks or the PRODRIVES you will be happy Skunk2 is for a guy running a 92 95 honda civic a car that weighs 2600lbs and less than 100whp
qksubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-21, 05:49 PM   #4
bruspeed
EJ251

Car: 2005 2.5 rs cgm
Class: TDSP

Righteous, thanks guys, oh wait, what about the hotchkis kit? supposed to be engineered to work perfectly together, any thoughts?
http://www.hotchkistuning.com/cgi-bi...alogno=80415-1
Old 2005-03-21, 06:12 PM   #5
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Hotchkiss is pretty good stuff, but I don;t think they make an RS front sway bar, and you can't use a WRX one. But, for $600, you can still do some good things. I'd get a few things from Whiteline (oh wait, I did... ) such as a rear sway, solid endlinks, mounts, springs, steering rack bushings, rear subframe lock bolts, and maybe a rear strut brace.