Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2007-03-03, 04:07 PM   #1
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP
Default 2007 Class and Number reservations

Here is the current number roster for the upcoming season. It is based on the results from last season and the supplemental regs which the Board is reviewing soon, so remember that it is subject to change. I also moved some of your automatic reservations to classes you will be running this seaso, rather than last seasons i.e. Dean, Matt and Carrie.

Black entries (including you Cory, even though you didn't run the same number all year ) are automatically reserved for this year pending adoption of the supps. Anybody who qualified for a trophy gets their class and number automatically reserved and cannot lose it unless you change class and/or number, and in most cases you have automatic rights to your new class and number. Entries in red are 'courtesy' reservations expected to come in. These are subject to the final wording of the supplemental but anybody listed in red is likely to have that number reserved by April 15th.

If I have any of you in the wrong class or with the wrong number, just email me at kevinjmcdaniel<a>gmail with "SCCA" in the subject or post here. Same for any questions.

This is a link for the unofficial updated roster.

Last edited by Kevin M; 2007-03-04 at 12:38 PM. Reason: updated .xls
Kevin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 04:55 PM   #2
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

My number is "04", not "4"... you might want to convert your columns to text formatting instead of number formatting.
Old 2007-03-03, 05:34 PM   #3
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Perfect thanks.

I was wondering who I was going to have to e-mail to get my number reserved.
Old 2007-03-03, 05:45 PM   #4
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Looks Good.
Old 2007-03-03, 05:52 PM   #5
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
My number is "04", not "4"... you might want to convert your columns to text formatting instead of number formatting.
I decided that "04" = "4" for the purpose of reserving numbers. In part because having 04 and 4 in the same class is confusing to noobs in the bus, and partly because of the automatic 1xx co-driver reservation. I think I forgot to add that to my supps proposal though.
Old 2007-03-03, 07:17 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS View Post
I decided that "04" = "4" for the purpose of reserving numbers. In part because having 04 and 4 in the same class is confusing to noobs in the bus, and partly because of the automatic 1xx co-driver reservation. I think I forgot to add that to my supps proposal though.
I don't think you can't do that, 04 != 4. I'd be pissed if I wanted to switch classes and couldn't reserve my number because someone else is running a number close to mine. Plus, what do you do when someone reserves 104, are you going to keep 4 and 04 from reserving too just 'cause of second driver concerns?

Remember, the reserved numbers thing doesn't even make a difference until someone shows up at an event and T&S goes to enter them in and someone else who's at that event already has that number. For the most part, it's a non-issue... I'd make the number reservations rules as lax as possible.
Old 2007-03-03, 07:40 PM   #7
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

IBitshouldhavebeenpostedasaworddocument.
Old 2007-03-03, 07:42 PM   #8
Kevin M
EJ22T

I wrote a recommendation for the supplemental regulation to establish a reserved number system, and submitted it to the Board. Since you are on the Board and I am not, I don't see why you are going to argue this with me here. Read my supps and discuss with the board, I am not going to get into a public debate with you over it since I have no final authority. These are just my recommendations to make it possible for Registration to have reserved numbers at all.
Old 2007-03-03, 08:24 PM   #9
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Agree with Scott, 04 <> 4 any more than 40 = 4...

And noobs have no business being in the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for tentatively reserving 42 BSP.
Old 2007-03-03, 08:28 PM   #10
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Thanks for taking action on this, it will make the job of timing a little easier.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 08:39 PM   #11
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Agree with Scott, 04 <> 4 any more than 40 = 4...

And noobs have no business being in the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for tentatively reserving 42 BSP.
There are like 6 people who have worked in the bus the past 2 years who aren't still n00bs with the T&S system... and most of those are too busy or have other important positions to work at our events now. Anwyays, your reservation is not temporary unless the submittal I gave is radically changed; you are grandfathered in. You would only lose it if somebody in BSP using #42 had been trophy-eligible in the class.

I am aware that, on paper and as you two are suggesting, 04 and 4 are not the same designation for a driver. But in order to build a system of reserving numbers that prevents conflicts and establishes clear guidelines for who has "rights" to a given number, and to simplify T&S entry, I included in the proposal that they they be considered the same number for the purposes of reservations. Given that Scott is the only competitor I have seen using a 0 leader in his number, and there is no #4 SM entrant, the supp as I submitted it avoids any unfairness for future competitors coming in, because he has the rights to his number.

Since this is now a public discussion on SECCS, here's the email the Board will be receiving.

Quote:
Driver Qualifications for Reserving Numbers:
-Qualification for a season class trophy would automatically reserve that entrant's class and number combination for the next 2 seasons, provided the driver competes in at least one points event in the following season.

-Drivers changing classes may reserve their previous number in their new class, or new number in the same class, provided there was not a trophy-eligible driver using that number the previous season who wishes to continue using it.

-2 consecutive seasons without qualification for a trophy forfeits the automatic reservation of the number, but it may be renewed on a first-come first-serve basis at the first regional event of the next season.

-Drivers qualified for Annual Tech may reserve a previously unclaimed number for the upcoming season prior to the first event, but after passing annual tech.

-Drivers who competed in 50% or more events in the previous season but were not trophy eligible, to include novices and RNPs, can reserve a class and number combination not otherwise reserved at their first points event of the season on a first-come, first-served basis.

Restrictions and Provisions:
-No driver may have a number reserved in more than one class at any time.

-Only numbers 0-99 may be reserved in any class. All reserved numbers automatically include the 1xx co-driver number. Season points-class participants intending to co-drive for the season are strongly encouraged to adopt paired numbers but it is not required except for Pro Class entrants.

-Numbers ranging from 500-999 (or smaller range) are reserved for rolling Novice and RNP entrants. These numbers are handed out sequentially as the season progresses, but may be kept for subsequent events by participants issued them. These numbers may be used on an event-by-event basis by any driver but may not be reserved for the season.

-Reservations of numbers are not effective until submitted in writing, either in person or via email, to the Chief of Registration to be recorded in the offical Regional roster. Date (and time if applicable) of written notice to the registrar shall be binding in first-come, first-serve instances. Decisions regarding disputes between members about a given class and number reservation will be determined by the Chief of Registration, but may be appealed to the Board of Directors.

-Reserved numbers are not official until after completion of the first points event except for trophy-eligible drivers competing in the same class as the previous season.
Old 2007-03-03, 08:41 PM   #12
Joeyy
i can has kart?

Thanks for the prep work and my number.
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 10:32 PM   #13
tysonK
warehouse SECCS

Car: 04 Evo 99 Cadillac
Class: street de le mod

I don't have excel on this compy, do have 38?

*crosses fingers*

tysonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 10:42 PM   #14
Kevin M
EJ22T

BRB, will host it in Word.

Yes, I have you in there as 38 SM. As I submitted the supplemental, since you ran 50%+ events and will qualify for annual tech, you can reserve your number then. BTW, there is going to be a SECCS Solo Annual Tech day soon. Posting a poll now so we can vote on what week to ask Wes to come up and help us out...
Old 2007-03-04, 08:09 AM   #15
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Re: noobs on the bus, it sometimes happens with people doing paper timing.

Regarding the rules:
1. Did you mention that Reno members (should) get first priority at number requests?

2. With the proposal to not reserve number in more than one class - why?
And if that is the case, please move my reservation from 88 STUL, to 88 BSL (I ran more BS events than STU last year anyway). Mark and I haven't decided which car we will use for season points, and maybe we'll be driving both, for testing and seat time for national events. Which will be a bummer if his is stickered up with 96 (which he used for Nationals), and then we find out we have to peel those numbers off to use something else. Waah waah waah, (I know, it's not easy being Chief of registration, you'll have to listen to this kind of whining all year. )

3. Re: 100+driver number, I do like this idea, and it is consistent with national rules. However, I just want to point out an exception that we had allowed/encouraged in past years, and that is for drivers to reverse their numbers, i.e. 6 could be 9; 48 could be 84; etc.

4. On your third bullet item, you may want to clarify the wording that numbers will be available ..first-come first-serve, subject to other rules already mentioned .... starting with the first event of the season.

Deniece Larson (and John Perry also said he's going to codrive with her) will be in A Stock this year, she got a Turbo Saturn Ion. Cool car!

And I for one do appreciate the work and thought you put into this, Kevin.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 11:28 AM   #16
M3n2c3
EJ205

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5RS, 2000 Forester L
Class: RNP sometimes (see motto)

"Kids are ruining autocross."

I can't remember if I ran more than 50% of the events. Am I on there? I can't view the file.
Old 2007-03-04, 11:38 AM   #17
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknv View Post
Re: noobs on the bus, it sometimes happens with people doing paper timing.

Regarding the rules:
1. Did you mention that Reno members (should) get first priority at number requests?
I forgot, but yes we should require Reno Region membership to reserve numbers.

Quote:
2. With the proposal to not reserve number in more than one class - why?
I didn't think it was fair. But, anybody with a reserved number can run in any class with any number they choose, as long as nobody with that class/number already has it reserved. The reservation prevents other people from grabbing a number someone has been using for a long time.

Quote:
And if that is the case, please move my reservation from 88 STUL, to 88 BSL (I ran more BS events than STU last year anyway). Mark and I haven't decided which car we will use for season points, and maybe we'll be driving both, for testing and seat time for national events. Which will be a bummer if his is stickered up with 96 (which he used for Nationals), and then we find out we have to peel those numbers off to use something else. Waah waah waah, (I know, it's not easy being Chief of registration, you'll have to listen to this kind of whining all year. )
In your case Debbie, since you qualified for a trophy in your class, your automatic reservation is for 88BSL, but I had made the assumption you and Mark would be codriving the STU car since that's your Nats car. You are automatically entitled to 88L in any class you want it in, as long as nobody in that class qualified for a season trophy with 88L. I think you are correct that it's fair to allow you and Mark to reserve a BS/L number, and a STU/L number, but we will have to get allowances like that written into the supp, I can't just override it. Maybe all it needs is another bullet that the L-class number gets reserved automatically too. Then you could keep your 88BSL, Mark could take 96STU, and you would both have matching numbers in either class.

Quote:
3. Re: 100+driver number, I do like this idea, and it is consistent with national rules. However, I just want to point out an exception that we had allowed/encouraged in past years, and that is for drivers to reverse their numbers, i.e. 6 could be 9; 48 could be 84; etc.
Reservations are to prevent a driver from losing his or her preferred number, but a registered number does not mean that someone could not run any other non-reserved number they choose. This will prove especially important if we continue with the Hawthorne event I think.

Quote:
4. On your third bullet item, you may want to clarify the wording that numbers will be available ..first-come first-serve, subject to other rules already mentioned .... starting with the first event of the season.
Not sure what you mean- I had intended to make it so people can reserve their number at any time before the first points event, so that I don't have to do all the work at once, but that I reserve the right to tell people at the first event "sorry, someone with priority wants that number, please choose another." I don't really anticipate any disputes, but I'm trying to defuse as many possibilities as possible.

Quote:
Deniece Larson (and John Perry also said he's going to codrive with her) will be in A Stock this year, she got a Turbo Saturn Ion. Cool car!
Noted!

Quote:
And I for one do appreciate the work and thought you put into this, Kevin.
No worries, I still spend less time devoted to the Club than the Board, and particularly Scott and Mike.
Old 2007-03-04, 11:40 AM   #18
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3n2c3 View Post
I can't remember if I ran more than 50% of the events. Am I on there? I can't view the file.
You have a tentative reservation for 78DSP. I did that for anyone who ran 5 or more events in a single class. Technically, someone who ran 78 in another class would have priority for it, but I would ask anyone else trying to register that class and number to choose another as a courtesy to you, since you used it last year. You would be able to send me your official reservation request as soon as you got Annual Tech, and if you asked for it first it would lock you in.
Old 2007-03-04, 02:30 PM   #19
MPREZIV
Token

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
Class: 05 TDSP

No, I won't work on your car. F* your car

Thanks for keepin us in mind Kev! I'd like to swoop up 05, if that's kosher...
Old 2007-03-04, 03:02 PM   #20
Kevin M
EJ22T

05 it is!
Old 2007-03-04, 04:25 PM   #21
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

is googleplex available?
/runs
Old 2007-03-04, 04:54 PM   #22
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
Thanks for keepin us in mind Kev! I'd like to swoop up 05, if that's kosher...
I'll take 5 then.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 05:17 PM   #23
Kevin M
EJ22T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I'll take 5 then.
Careful, or I'll give 127SM to Dave.
Old 2007-03-04, 05:24 PM   #24