Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2005-04-13, 06:11 AM   #1
zpeed
EJ251

Car: 06 S2000
Class: RNP & PDX
Default question about Reno-Fernley track

He want to know about RFR track can someone help him out. I never been to the track. Either post here or e-mail him direct.
>>>mailtoongydoo@yahoo.com
One more question for zpeed....I am thinking or planning to go to TrackMasters event down in Reno/Fernley Raceway late May.....I have never run this track before so I just have a few questions about the track...

How are the track in general? Is the track more biased towards horsepower? I know that this track has the altitude of over 4400ft and the with the temperature rising, how are the cars as far as heat 'issue' goes? I have heard that a few car even in stock form have overheating issue there.

I am now debating whether to just stay in Oregon and run the BMW Club on May 26 and Lotus Club on May 27 here in PIR...or drive down 500 miles and run 2 days with them on May 28 and 29
zpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-13, 08:15 AM   #2
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

The course is long, and if the technical section is finished, then it will be very technical.

Otherwise, it seemed like people were driving their cars faster on RFR then they ever had at any track, on any event. The front straight is very long.
Old 2005-04-13, 09:23 AM   #3
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

RFR is definitely Horsepower Biased. It does have some unique elements like a highly banked hairpin, and challenging turn or 2.

Having driven both, I would rather drive PIR, though a new track is always a challenge.

Technical section will not be done I am now guessing until Late July or August, maybe later. After that is done, I would prefer RFR. I drove around the graded portion of the technical section on Monday, and it should be awesome when complete. (Crosses fingers)
Old 2005-04-15, 08:35 PM   #4
bullgator
n00b

I was there today, ditto on the extra 2.0 miles being completed in mid to late summer.
Some high horsepower cars have seen 200 mph on the front straightaway.
There's talk about SCCA approval this summer as well.
bullgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-04-15, 08:59 PM   #5
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgator
Some high horsepower cars have seen 200 mph on the front straightaway.
Damn it, I'm sick of not having a turbo motor...