Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2013-09-27, 11:05 AM   #1
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!
Default The time has come, 2004 STi, come and get it

* Possibly Pending.

Sorry to be a ghost - life's been happening. And because life's been happening, the time has come to let go...

From my Craigslist ad:

For Sale: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. 67k miles. 2nd owner. Clean, fast, fun.

Platinum Silver Metallic - Paint is good. I'd give it an 8/10 being honest, it's a daily driver. A few door dings, a weird pair of dents in the right C-Pillar like someone leaned up against it. Slight rock chips and marks on the front bumper. A few minor scratches and dents from swapping trunks a few times.

67k on the car. 25k on the engine. This car was originally a test mule for KS-tech parts as the previous, and only other owner, was the owner of KS-tech, and had seen boost, FMIC, and a lot of modifications before being rebuilt to stock at 42k with a fully rebuilt STOCK engine, when I bought it. At that time the timing belt and all other wear items were replaced. It's a 25k-mile-old engine. 75k until major service. Accessory belts were replaced recently with Gates 3-year belts.

Engine/Performance
- Stock engine
- Stock turbo
- Stock TMIC
- KStech short ram intake, AEM no-oil filter, cold air box
- Invidia catless downpipe with NI Street (resonated) catback
- Has been Stage 2 since broken in - at 2k or so (can't remember). First was a Clark Turner altitude-adjusted OTS tune, and I had Cory @ Mahem tune it last summer - 20+ mpg daily with a heavy foot! His virtual dyno showed 262whp/260wtq
- Fresh oil - Shockproof for the first year, Rotella since last year. Oil always changed at ~3500 or less
- All service, parts install, etc., performed at KSpeed in Sparks since before I bought it
- I believe that's all under the hood...

Drivetrain/Driveline
- Stock 2004 65/35 6MT
- Stock DCCD controller
- Stock front diff, stock clutch-type rear diff - STis have LSDs all around, and '04s have a 35/65 F/R split - so much fun!
- Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount
- Kartboy Tranny Crossmember Bushings
- Kartboy Rear Diff Outrigger Bushings
- Kartboy Botox Bolts
- Kartboy short shifter
- Kartboy shifter bushings (all of them)
- Shockproof fluid swap tranny and diffs at 60k

Interior:
- Mitsubishi Evolution SE Recaro front seats in black leather and suede with red stitching and logo in near-mint condition (these cost $1800)
- Modified Sparco seat bases to adapt the EVO seats to the STi
- 2003 Subaru WRX rear seat (with arm rest/pass through) reupholstered in black leather with red stitching
- 2003 Subaru WRX factory black leather door cards front and rear - one scratch in top of front right door card
- 2003 Subaru WRX factory dark grey carpet
- Subaru STi factory option black with pink carpeted floor mats
- Redline Goods black suede with red stitch shifter and e-brake boots
- WC Lathe Werks custom one-off shifter - Hyrbid GF4 with white knurled, grooved copolymer top and blue/bronze burnt stainless steel bottom (raises shifter height back to stock after short shifter)
- Prosport boost gauge to match factory STi gauges in Subie Gal gauge pod on dash (matches factory gauge hood for low profile)
- JVC stereo with iPod/iPhone hook-up/controls and Pandora connectivity (car was originally delivered without stereo
- Amp to optimize front Focal component speaker setup, rear Pioneer speakers wired to stereo, amp for rear sub not currently installed
- All windows tinted 15% (windshield clear)
- Hard wiring setup for Valentine One radar detector (radar detector not included)

Exterior:
- Stock body, wing, rolled fenders
- APR carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Cleared stock HID headlights

Suspension/Chassis/Steering
- KW V3 double adjustable coilovers (the original, good version, before they split the renamed adjustable series to Club Sport) rebuilt last year by KW, with springs powder coated gloss black by Fine Line Powder Coating
- Ground Control Top Mount front camber plates (raise mounting point of top mount by 3/4" so you can run the car lower with more suspension travel
- Ground Control Rear Camber Plates
- Kaminari/RC Adjustable Race-Series Rear Lateral Links
- Eibach rear camber bolts
- STi trailing arms with pillow ball mounts
- TiC trailing arm bushings
- TiC master cylinder brace
- TiC Giuyngmyo Fender Cowl Braces
- WhiteLine steering rack bushings
- Cusco Rear Strut Bar
- Cusco Front Lower Arm Bar (connects rear bolts for front lower control arms)
- Eibach 25mm solid front sway bar with heavy duty mounts
- Whiteline 27mm hallow rear sway bar (this package promotes fast, tight, easy, manageable rotation)

Wheels/Tires:
- 17x9 +35mm Enkei RPF1 wheels powder coated Volk Mag Blue by Fine Line Powder Coating in Sparks
- 245/40/17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS all-season tires with about 10k on them - hands-down the best all-season available
- 10mm spacers at front with ARP extended studs to clear Brembos
- 5mm spacers at back to match front track width
- Project Kics R35 Neo Chrome lug nuts with locks

Brakes
- Stock Brembos
- Stock replacement rotors
- Stoptech Street Performance pads
- Goodridge stainless steel brake lines

Included Uninstalled/Removed/Extra/BNIB Parts
- Stock front and rear seats, carpet, door cards in MINT condition, steam cleaned when removed
- BNIB Kartboy Rear Diff Mount Bushings
- BNIB Group N Engine Mounts, Tranny Mount
- Stock shift lever
- Stock sway bars
- Stock struts, springs, top hats
- Stock exhaust, turbo-back
- Original front bumper modified for front mount intercooler
- Custom 10" sub box with Boston Acoustics sub , custom trunk/carpet kit - needs to be modified to fit the STi trunk as it was built for a WRX that doesn't have the intercooler water squirter reservoir
- Replica V-Limited fron lip spoiler

There's more to the mod list that I'm forgetting, but this is a good start. . .

Bottom line is that I've done and/or have every single bushing I could for the suspension and chassis, a couple have yet to be installed as I do them in stages to monitor difference in feel, noise, vibration, and to coincide with other modifications and/or maintenance. I've also done nearly everything I could to upgrade the suspension. This car handles like a champ, is incredible competitive in ASP autocross class at the local level, and likely very competitive at the national level for the right driver. However, the car is still comfortable and well-mannered enough to drive every day. I just simply can't keep it and pursue life-changing opportunities.

Serious inquiries only. Test drives with cash/bank check in hand only. I'm FIRM at $18,000 for the car as-is and all stock parts except the factory wheels - those were sold a while ago. I'll take $16,000 for the car with only the stock interior (no Recaros, etc.) and no additional parts. Cash or bank check. No parting. No trades. Add up the parts - I have over $10k in parts and over $3k in the interior conversion on a $15k car.

Last edited by rory_a; 2013-10-21 at 12:47 PM.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:08 AM   #2
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

* Car will need a clutch before long. I will be installing an Exedy Stage 1 Organic clutch setup next weekend - buy it now/without that work and I'll take $1k less - that's about what it would cost to have KSpeed do the work.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote