Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-08-25, 10:50 AM   #1
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon
Default SECCS 'Spotted' Cards UPDATE

Well folks, we have gotten 2 samples from Maverick Printing and were unpleased with both. I am up to taking suggestions for other printers in town to see what they can do for us. I have a few I could name, but I want to see if anyone else has some.

The design came out to 'laser-printed' for those of you that didn't see them. Evan and I left our last crappy one on a STi we saw yesterday, so the idea is still really good. But I believe we need a new printer.

Ideas?
Old 2003-08-26, 02:17 PM   #2
markn
n00b

Default Re: SECCS 'Spotted' Cards UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurS
Evan and I left our last crappy one on a STi we saw yesterday, so the idea is still really good. But I believe we need a new printer.
If it was a wrblue sti parked at gart sports, then that would be my car. :o I believe I received one on my wrx as well sometime back.

cheers,
-mark nelson
'03 EVO 8 (Black)

http://www.sierramotorsport.com
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-26, 02:33 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn
Quote:
Evan and I left our last crappy one on a STi we saw yesterday, so the idea is still really good. But I believe we need a new printer.
If it was a wrblue sti parked at gart sports, then that would be my car. :o I believe I received one on my wrx as well sometime back.

cheers,
-mark nelson
That would be the one. Nice to see you made it to the boards. You going to come to the meet this Thursday? You seem to have a ton of nice cars. We watch a lot of rally footage at our meets. You seem to be into the rally idea since you have been winning some it looks like.

*NOTE - This is why we need more cards. This gentleman found his way here from a card. We NEED more!!
Old 2003-08-26, 02:43 PM   #4
Gorio
EJ22

Hi markn,

Are you competing in this year's scca pro rally?
Gorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-26, 02:48 PM   #5
markn
n00b

Quote:
That would be the one. Nice to see you made it to the boards.
I'd heard of it before, but never had time to visit. Most of my posts are on Specialstage.com and occassionally on nasioc.

Quote:
You going to come to the meet this Thursday?
Unfortunately, I have to drive down to SF tomorrow morning and will be there until Sunday. When's the next meet?

Quote:
You seem to have a ton of nice cars. We watch a lot of rally footage at our meets. You seem to be into the rally idea since you have been winning some it looks like.
If you watch any of the Speed Channel coverage of the SCCA ProRally events or have seen the Ramada Express Rally on OLN, you may have seen us before. We've only run a couple of events this season - last event for us was the Oregon Trail Pro Rally, where we won Group N and finished 4th OA.

BTW - if anyone is in the pacific northwest next weekend (Sept 6th/7th), come to the Wild West Pro Rally in Olympia, Washington. We will be competing in Group N, but it's yet to be determined whether it will be a Prodrive Subaru or an EVO 6.

cheers,
-mark
'03 EVO 8 (Black)

Old 2003-08-26, 02:51 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Hey Mark! Welcome to the board!

I think a lot of us are going to be out of town to see the ALMS race that weekend in Monterey. However, I'm sure someone will tape it to watch at an upcoming meet. It would be awesome to have you there to give us the "behind the scenes" scoop!

PS: Drive the EVO!!
Old 2003-08-26, 02:53 PM   #7
ArthurS
EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn
Quote:
You going to come to the meet this Thursday?
Unfortunately, I have to drive down to SF tomorrow morning and will be there until Sunday. When's the next meet?
We hold meets every week at 7 pm at the 4th Turn Bar and Grill across the street from Lithia Subaru. Normally we all autocross on the weekends when the events run also including this weekend. (Except I had a family problem and may not be able to go).

So defiinatly try and swing by the next meet. Occasionally check out the boards to see if the times or location has changed, but it has been at the 4th Turn at 7 pm for quite awhile now. Hope to see you there next week!
Old 2003-08-26, 03:01 PM   #8
markn
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorio

Hi markn,

Are you competing in this year's scca pro rally?
We intended to do the full season, but budgeting issues came up and we're only able to run in select events this year. I've been to all the rallies this year (except MN last weekend), and it's painful to sit and watch!

-mark
Old 2003-08-26, 03:10 PM   #9
Gorio
EJ22

That's too bad.

Hope you get to do the whole season next year.
Gorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-26, 04:01 PM   #10
markn
n00b

Quote:
We hold meets every week at 7 pm at the 4th Turn Bar and Grill across the street from Lithia Subaru. Normally we all autocross on the weekends when the events run also including this weekend. (Except I had a family problem and may not be able to go).

So defiinatly try and swing by the next meet. Occasionally check out the boards to see if the times or location has changed, but it has been at the 4th Turn at 7 pm for quite awhile now. Hope to see you there next week!
Since I'll be in Washignton next week, I'll try to swing by the following week. have fun!

-mark
'03 EVO 8 (Black)