Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-09-09, 09:14 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default I need some better wheel studs...

Okay, I got my new black lugs from Suby Dude yesterday! They friggen rock.. they're so light, they seem like plastic!! Plus the look much better than the blinging chrome ones on the anthracite P1's.

But here's the problem... when installing 'em, I found that I've got yet *another* bad wheel stud! It's on the same wheel that's already had two studs replaced care of Discount Tire... I guess the jokers over at the place that did the work thought that having two bad studs means there's only 1 bad lug, and re-installed a stripped lug onto a good stud. C'mon guys... ugh.

So I need to get yet another stud replaced...

Instead of going back to the shop and getting another one installed (which I'm sure I could get them to do, since they screwed it up...) I'm thinking it's time for some 3" racing studs. I should quit wasting my time with these stockers that seem to want to strip at the mere sight of an air tool.

So, who makes 3" 12x1.25 studs for the WRX? Where's a good place to order 'em up? How hard's the install, and what's the procedure?

If anyone's got some leads, drop the knowledge on me!