Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2011-10-26, 12:00 PM   #26
JoeWRX
EJ22

Car: C63 AMG

oops...

I'm just here for the hookers.

If anyone is interested, I'll post up my subaru project that Andy (sedonabugeye) is doing for me.
JoeWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:55 PM   #27
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

I'm guilty of a motor build I failed to document more thuroghly last year that might have been somewhat interesting. My problem is that when I'm doing this stuff my photos are usually at the begining when the parts are coming in then a huge gap until it's all buttoned up. Plus I usually take for-e-ver. I still need to clean up the tune.

Where they hookers at?
Old 2011-10-26, 03:09 PM   #28
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Most of us original folks are like 30+ now, with careers, families, and no Subarus.
I'd love to have one, I just can't quite afford it at the moment after getting Laura a new car this summer.
Old 2011-10-26, 03:13 PM   #29
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey View Post
I'd love to have one, I just can't quite afford it at the moment after getting Laura a new car this summer.
Don't worry, I've still got 4. Want an SVX?

BTW: what did Laura get?
Old 2011-10-26, 05:21 PM   #30
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

I'll pass on the SVX, but thanks. She got a pontiac vibe that's a couple years old, owning two jeeps was killing us. Seems to be a good little car, and AWD. Now I just need to get rid of my crusty jeep next, hopefully next year sometime. I test drove an 11 WRX hatch recently just to see if it would be a good fit for me and really liked it a lot.
Old 2011-10-26, 05:38 PM   #31
GusGus91
EJ205

Car: 2006 WRB WRX TR, 2008 LR STI
Class: Too classy

Dont sweat the petty... Pet the sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I don't know why people *cough* Austin *cough* Sam *cough* others, don't post threads of the cars they are working on? Just like all of a sudden, oh hey I have a RHD subaru or all sorts of aftermarket parts going on classifieds that obviously came off of a build or are being replaced with something more awesome.

I think maybe people are afraid to share because they don't know what feedback they will get or they just don't because they assume people wouldn't be interested. I try to post about anything that I do with my car but mine is pretty plane jane compared to others. Maybe we should do member journals?
Fiiiiiiiine I guess I could start working on a build thread... mines nothing special though.

Old 2011-10-26, 06:05 PM   #32
GusGus91
EJ205

Car: 2006 WRB WRX TR, 2008 LR STI
Class: Too classy

Dont sweat the petty... Pet the sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWRX View Post
I'm just here for the hookers.

If anyone is interested, I'll post up my subaru project that Andy (sedonabugeye) is doing for me.
I think you should post up that project.. Because if you post yours... It will give me more motivation to post mine lol

Old 2011-10-26, 06:37 PM   #33
IheartSTI
EJ22

Car: 05 sti and 08 honda fit

have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I don't know why people *cough* Austin *cough* Sam *cough* others, don't post threads of the cars they are working on? Just like all of a sudden, oh hey I have a RHD subaru or all sorts of aftermarket parts going on classifieds that obviously came off of a build or are being replaced with something more awesome.

I think maybe people are afraid to share because they don't know what feedback they will get or they just don't because they assume people wouldn't be interested. I try to post about anything that I do with my car but mine is pretty plane jane compared to others. Maybe we should do member journals?
I have a build thread on two different forums. the only reason i dont on this is because it seems as if this crowd is not really into the jdm/showcar builds. Yes i want my car to perform well but i also want it to suit other goals such as being cool looking in my eyes, having parts no one else has for the most part, being a one of a kind build. this forum seems more into race car/track set ups which is cool but not every persons thing. most people who own subaru's dont track their car and they need a local site that does not beat them up on the forum for doing something different. i am not saying that happens i am just saying what i would like to see in a perfect forum. i personally like that this forum has many people into auto x/track prepped cars. there is plenty of people on here or know of this site that just dont use it. we all meet at qudoba on fridays and its mostly subaru guys however some other cars show up also. a lot of people have nice subaru set ups that just dont do build threads on here. i am one of them. if we could get cory, joe, austin, andy, steven, myself to document on this site it would help i think. i like that this site is not all out of control dropping f bombs and calling everyone out to go street race.

Last edited by IheartSTI; 2011-10-26 at 06:40 PM.
IheartSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 06:38 PM   #34
IheartSTI
EJ22

Car: 05 sti and 08 honda fit

have fun

can we get a show and shine/build thread section added?
Old 2011-10-26, 07:10 PM   #35
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

I still love this board more than the MINI board

I can only talk about checker-board stickers and bonnett stripes for so long

Plus, I'm OG- SECCS
Old 2011-10-27, 04:43 AM   #36
sti deede
EJ205

Car: '96 4runner
Class: none.

I read the board every couple of weeks. Don't usually have anything to say, but its nice to keep up with what is going on with all my favorite OG homies. We are down to only 1 Subaru from 3 and I never did ever make the time to get into racing as much fun as it was. I'll continue to stop by and I really want to do one last who-rah before we move to the otherside of the country in May 2012.
sti deede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 05:56 AM   #37
bigrobwoot
EJ251

Car: 2019 CBS WRX Premium
Class: Middle

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars

Not that I was ever that active, but not having any money or anything left that I wanted to do to my car, that kinda made me stop coming around. Now that I have a job, I'd like to get an sti, but the money I make isn't as much as I thought it would be.

As for the social aspect of it, I feel like I already have my group of friends, and never really expanded it. I've met people on here that I really like, and I talk to on occasion, but it just seems like we all have our comfort zones that we don't stray from.

I'd like to start getting back into the online Subaru community, which is why I started coming back around, but I'm back to not wanting to do anything else to my car, and not being able to afford a new one right now. I think I'd like to get an 05-06 STi in the near future, cuz I know once I have it, I'll want to mod it. Then maybe when they make some major improvements to the new ones, I'll get a new one. I love the new sedans tho...

I hope my ramblings keep this place alive!
bigrobwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 08:19 AM   #38
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti deede View Post
I read the board every couple of weeks. Don't usually have anything to say, but its nice to keep up with what is going on with all my favorite OG homies. We are down to only 1 Subaru from 3 and I never did ever make the time to get into racing as much fun as it was. I'll continue to stop by and I really want to do one last who-rah before we move to the otherside of the country in May 2012.
You guys are moving?
Old 2011-10-27, 08:45 AM   #39
ScottyS
EJ205

Car: 1998 Impreza Wagon, 1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan, 2003 Nissan Xterra
Class: tvFree

Yes, I'll fix it for you. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
these days is full of flat-brimmer, extreme-sport, hellaflush, street-racer type kids that I don't identify with
LET THE SPOTTED CARDS FLOW!!!!
Old 2011-10-27, 01:12 PM   #40
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

I could try sharing more of my build (more of upkeep and upgrades) to my rally car and rally adventures .... I think my new plan is to Cage my STI and compete in open class ... Maybe in 2013 or 2014. I haven't figured out how to build up a collection of cheap spares, as i have been able to for a GC ... but i do plan on buying some dual pattern wheels (100X5 and 114.3X5) so that when i eventually Do cage it, i have the wheels already. or if i back out they still work for a 100X5 ...

too much debt right now (and no tow vehicle) hopefully i can find a cheaper way to get through the 2012 season ...

Grease Diesel truck for the wallet win?

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 07:42 PM   #41
sti deede
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Koan View Post
You guys are moving?
Yeah. We mentioned it at the at your wedding, but you were off doing more important things. We are moving to New Hampshire. As close to Portsmouth as possible. Finally 4 seasons and a beautiful fall.
Old 2011-10-27, 07:57 PM   #42
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

I had heard some rumblings, but didn't realize it was a real deal thing yet.

Well, congrats!
Old 2011-10-29, 12:01 AM   #43
sti deede
EJ205

It is the real deal once we are on the road, but we are continuing with the plans. Lots of loose ends to wrap up on this side of the continent. Car sales, architecture license and maybe some jobs over there. We will do a get together in Reno before we leave.