Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Classifieds > User Classifieds

User Classifieds Got stuff to sell? Looking for something to buy? Check here!

Old 2008-02-12, 06:54 PM   #1
garry20
n00b

Default Rotora Universal 3-D2 Carbon Fiber Wing

in need of some cash and was thinking about selling my rotora wing. Has never been mounted on my car. its just been sitting in my room hanging out. The wing is as light as a feather. I think it was 6 lbs by itself and 9 lbs. with the side plates and stands.
brand new from rotora was 800. i am looking for maybe 650 obo?
FEATURES
-100% carbon or kevlar fiber (3K)
-High pressure/high temperature “dry carbon” process
-Anodized black CNC aluminum rudders
-4 Adjustable angles
-Total Loaded Weight: 7 lbs. (3.15kg.)
-Length: 58” (145cm)
-Standard Rudder Height: 9.2” (23cm)
-Optional rudder heights: 7.8” (20cm) or 11.7” (30cm)
http://www.rotora.com/online-store/scstore.../popup_wing.gif

garry20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 10:15 PM   #2
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

I'm interested, pending some measurements to see how well it will work for my car. Gotta make sure it's both wide and tall enough.
Old 2008-02-12, 10:21 PM   #3
garry20
n00b

well i am located in reno by UNR. If you want to swing by and check it out. i have no problem with that.
Old 2008-02-13, 10:16 AM   #4
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry20 View Post
well i am located in reno by UNR. If you want to swing by and check it out. i have no problem with that.
Actually what I meant was using the dimensions in your post to measure my car and see how it compares with the replica Spec-C wing I've got on there now.

It looks like your wing is about 4" wider than the one I've got. I was really looking for something about 60" to 64" wide, but 58" is probably close enough. I'm really just afraid it's not tall enough. I need to get it up to the roof line into the clean air. What's the deal with the "optional rudder height" you mentioned? Is the wing adjustable up to 30cm high as is, or will I need a different set of the "optional" brackets or something?

If I need custom brackets, I'm probably better off just going with a Megan Racing universal wing for half the price of your Rotora and getting some custom brackets fabbed up to bolt it to the fenders instead of the truck. Even though the Rotora is a much nicer wing, I'm more interested in functionality over looks, and saving $300 on the wing gets me the front splitter I need.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:42 PM   #5
garry20
n00b

well the wing is adjustable for high and low speed racing. the max height for the wing is 30cm. But they also have larger stands for the wing. The ones that came with the wing are 6 inches, the larger stands are 10in and 12 inches.

Just you saying, "I'm more intersted in functionality over looks," made my day. lol i will give a couple calls to my buddies and see if i can get you a larger wing. Regaurding the stands, if i can get them for a good price, i will order them and just include them.

What kind of Front splitter are you trying to get? i have a couple buddies back home that might be able to give me a hook up price depending on what you are looking for.
Old 2008-02-13, 04:25 PM   #6
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
well the wing is adjustable for high and low speed racing. the max height for the wing is 30cm. But they also have larger stands for the wing. The ones that came with the wing are 6 inches, the larger stands are 10in and 12 inches.

Just you saying, "I'm more intersted in functionality over looks," made my day. lol i will give a couple calls to my buddies and see if i can get you a larger wing. Regaurding the stands, if i can get them for a good price, i will order them and just include them.

What kind of Front splitter are you trying to get? i have a couple buddies back home that might be able to give me a hook up price depending on what you are looking for.
The car is an SCCA time trials car. I really am more interested in function over form. I need less aero-lift at 130mph, so I'm looking for some way to keep air out from under the front of the car, and a rear wing to match just so I don't go flying off the track backwards.

Notice the gap between the bumper and the ground, that's not so great at high speeds:

Specifically I'm looking at some sort of valence under the stock bumper (the old home depot air dam mod), or getting a fiberglass mold made of the bumper w/ a bit of an air dam extension. I'm debating about something like the APR splitter under that, but that's probably overkill since I'll likely just demolish it on burms.

For the wing, I was leaning towards the Megan Racing MD62. For under $400, that's a 62" wide wing, but I'll have to build my own uprights to mount it properly outside the trunk width. But I gotta think the build quality on the Megan Racing wing isn't quite as nice as the Rotora, but I'm also not sure I would care... you should see how beat my car is, since it's only driven at the track.
Old 2008-02-13, 04:45 PM   #7
garry20
n00b

do you race reno scca? that looks like its at the airport out in lovelock. If so, you most likely have seen my brother and i. The two kids with miata's. Mine is white. and my brothers was red but we painted it orange.

regaurding the wing. as is right now i could prob let it go for 550 cheapist. But i gave my friend a call and he is going to check on the larger rotora wing and prob give me a call back tonight or tomarrow.
Old 2008-02-13, 05:22 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
do you race reno scca? that looks like its at the airport out in lovelock. If so, you most likely have seen my brother and i. The two kids with miata's. Mine is white. and my brothers was red but we painted it orange.

regaurding the wing. as is right now i could prob let it go for 550 cheapist. But i gave my friend a call and he is going to check on the larger rotora wing and prob give me a call back tonight or tomarrow.
Yep, Reno SCCA Time Trials and some autocrossing. The picture is from a Stead autocross early last season before the motor died last summer.

If you've got a hookup on Rotora bits, I'm interested in seeing what your friend can come up with. Let me know! And either way, $550 for the 58" wing is a pretty decent deal too, I may be interested in pulling the trigger on that pending availability of the higher risers.
Old 2008-02-13, 05:41 PM   #9
garry20
n00b

front lip wise. you could check out these little guys

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...CA-509-504-0-T

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...003-p-139.html
Old 2008-02-13, 05:53 PM   #10
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

I ran a primitive rally undertray in the past, but didn't like having all that metal under there holding the heat in. I had a noticeable increase in EGT temps. So I sold it shortly after putting it on.

I'd like to get something that's really low to the ground to keep the air out from under the car w/o having to go to a full undertray. Something stiff to hold out the air, but flexible enough to not get trashed by the curbs at the track (or cones for that matter). I'm really leaning towards the ghetto lawn stripping from home depot, but I'm not sure if it's stiff enough not to just become a big flapping piece of plastic over 100 mph.

This stuff:

Old 2008-02-13, 06:44 PM   #11
garry20
n00b

hahaha thats what my brother did to his miata. we just took that stuff and tech screwed it to the font bumper. the only problem was it was street driven and we ripped it off a couple times. we also tried just leaving it as one piece. or folding it and half = ) lol good times