Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2003-12-30, 04:25 PM   #1
drfunk
EJ22

Car: 2003 subi 25rs turbo
Default i got my springs!

well i made the order for the tein springs on fri. and they came in on tues. damn that was awesome. dose anyone have a spring compressor that can help me install? is it pretty simple? will i chop off my arm?i did a damn turbo install i dont think springs can be harder.ive just never done um' before. oh yeah and im getting a set of gold 2.5 rs rims. i found some one whos been trying to get rid of them and will do a flat out trade.
Old 2003-12-30, 04:35 PM   #2
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

I don't thik you need a compressor...Khail and Tyson did theirs without one. (right Tyson?)...
Old 2003-12-30, 04:37 PM   #3
ArthurS
EJ207

Car: 2011 Chevy Battle Wagon

Tyson used a compressor with Britten. Ben did also. You just have to rent a pair from autozone. It is pretty damn easy from what they all said, only pain in the ass is removing the back seats. Call britten, he would help you out.

PM me for his number.
Old 2003-12-30, 05:52 PM   #4
Theo
EJ22

I picked up a spring compressor at Harbor Freight in Reno. It was $7.00. It worked fine.

I would use one. I sent the top strut nut on a long flight when I disasembled the strut without compressing the spring. Took a while to find it. It is exciting when it comes off!

The lowered springs went on without compressing them.

Theo
Old 2003-12-30, 05:57 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Well, I just got my air tools! And I should have my long stroke rear JICs middle of next week.

Sean, wanna do a suspension install day? Say Wednesday or Tuesday night? I can throw on the space heater in my tiny-ass garage and we can go to town! I figure it'll take like 90 minutes for the 1st set and an hour for the second, since we'll know more about what we're doing.

Even better would be stealing a stall over at your work after hours to use a lift... you able to do that, or is that place off limits after closing time?
Old 2003-12-30, 07:22 PM   #6
drfunk
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Well, I just got my air tools! And I should have my long stroke rear JICs middle of next week.

Sean, wanna do a suspension install day? Say Wednesday or Tuesday night? I can throw on the space heater in my tiny-ass garage and we can go to town! I figure it'll take like 90 minutes for the 1st set and an hour for the second, since we'll know more about what we're doing.

Even better would be stealing a stall over at your work after hours to use a lift... you able to do that, or is that place off limits after closing time?
we just have a pit at my work so it wouldnt be any better.
i think a spring install day would be frickin' awesome. tuse. night works better for me so lets get a date.
Old 2003-12-30, 09:03 PM   #7
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfunk
Quote:

we just have a pit at my work so it wouldnt be any better.
i think a spring install day would be frickin' awesome. tuse. night works better for me so lets get a date.
I dunno that I'll have my rears by Tuesday. I'm working on a deal to get 'em by this weekend, which means I'll be installing 'em Sunday (and we can do your springs whenever works for you, since I know you work weekends). If I don't get 'em by this weekend, then Wed or Thursday will be the only days I can do it, assuming they arrive on Wednesday.
Old 2003-12-30, 10:28 PM   #8
drfunk
EJ22

how early wed would you be able to do it?i got all wed off. that would be great. so lets just come up with a time. do i need to rent a spring compressor? or can you get a hold of one?
wed the 7. ??: ??pm
Old 2003-12-30, 11:53 PM   #9
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
how early wed would you be able to do it?i got all wed off. that would be great. so lets just come up with a time. do i need to rent a spring compressor? or can you get a hold of one?
wed the 3. ??: ??pm
Uh, Wednesday is the 7th... I get off work at 5:30 or 6... so it'd be sometime after that. But I still don't know what the deal is w/ my struts. Let me figure out what's up w/ JIC before we make definate plans.
Old 2003-12-31, 09:08 AM   #10
drfunk
EJ22

Quote:
Quote:
wed the 3. ??: ??pm
Uh, Wednesday is the 7th... I get off work at 5:30 or 6... so it'd be sometime after that. But I still don't know what the deal is w/ my struts. Let me figure out what's up w/ JIC before we make definate plans.
cool. that'll be fine.