Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > Motorsports Chat

Motorsports Chat Autocross, rallycross, and track event planning, as well as general motorsport discussion.

Old 2006-07-22, 11:58 PM   #26
Forgotten
EJ22

Car: 05 STi

No I'm a slacker and couldn't get off of work, and the corded RE070s would are not trackworthy. Next time...
Old 2006-07-23, 08:54 AM   #27
SteveM
EJ22

Car: RED WRX
Class: Spectator

Mangia la mia polvere

Thanks Matt.

It was really just a lot of fun to come out and watch everyone drive, and helping out wasn't that hard. Just the keeping cool part was difficult.

I have posted some pictures over here.

http://seccs.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4848
More pics as I shrink them.

Matt could you explain the wheels on the Audi. I don't remember the story, just that you guys wanted a picture of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
Oh, and a huge thanks to Steve M here on seccs, he came out to check out the event and worked all day. Talk about a true motorsports fan, his main motivation was getting different views of the racing lines.

Steve you're a cool guy, you don't know how much the club appreciated the help. Hope to see you in the track soon.

Last edited by SteveM; 2006-07-23 at 09:03 AM.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 08:56 AM   #28
SteveM
EJ22

Car: RED WRX
Class: Spectator

Mangia la mia polvere

Oh, yeah. And even though I already own three cars. Looks like I am going to start looking for a dedicated track/autocross car. So maybe by September...
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 05:20 PM   #29
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Bummer, if you're under 6' tall, you just missed out on a good one!
Old 2006-07-23, 06:34 PM   #30
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Yeah, Noel's wheels on his Audi are 20 x 9.5's IIRC, and he had Subydude order them in a special offset or something. They look incredible.

As far as today's event goes, more great results for Scott and I. Scott finished 2nd overall today, just a few tenth's off winning overall. His car is eleventy times better with the new suspension. I finished 4th overall, 3rd in class, and am VERY pleased with my performance. I felt like I drove as good as I ever have, the car performed incredibly, I honestly feel like I was just out horsepowered, but it's incentive to continue to learn. My car's mechanical grip is near perfect IMO.

Dean, the brakes are a WIN! two days, and over 200 track miles, and still no fade. My como of DBA rotors, EBC Yellow Pads and BRAKE DUCTS are the winning combo for me. The only car that I felt was braking as deep and as hard as me was Scott, but we all know those Stoptechs are the bomb.

Anyway, I have to give it up to Scott and the Frankensuby, that thing was insane in the last few runs today. I hear the 'vette driver he was chasing say that that was the fastest Subaru he's ever run against...that rocks.
Old 2006-07-23, 06:50 PM   #31
MikeK
Captain Turbo

Car: 05 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR
I hear the 'vette driver he was chasing say that that was the fastest Subaru he's ever run against...that rocks.
Art Majors?
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 08:23 PM   #32
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Yeah.