Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras  

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiasts Car Club of the Sierras > Car Enthusiast Forums > General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat

General Subaru Discussion & Club Chat Talk about Subarus, plan meets, and other Sierra Nevada area Suby stuff!

Old 2004-10-27, 10:21 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Anyone going to Sac this weekend?

I'm wondering if there's anything going on in Sac for halloween, and if anyone's interested in going down. Party at the Sac Hilton?

I've got two motivations for going: 1) This place is dead anyway. 2) I need to get my P1's down to Soggynoodles in Sac.

So unless there's something cool to do here in Reno this weekend, anyone wanna go to Sac?

Or, if anyone's going down soon on a weekday for work or something and can haul some rims for me, send me a PM!
Old 2004-10-27, 11:15 AM   #2
zpeed
EJ251

Car: 06 S2000
Class: RNP & PDX

Company that I work have truck to Sac almost everyday. But the driver cannot do many stop. Can they drop it off at our customer shop? If so I can have them haul it back here.
zpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 12:16 PM   #3
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

I haven't heard of anyone coming out. We're not doing anything special, just the meet on Saturday night. Oh, we have a drive on Saturday day.
sonicsuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 01:18 PM   #4
Dean
Señor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Shipping them is probably cheaper than the gas money to drive down and back these days. I have boxes if you need them...
Old 2004-10-27, 01:28 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Shipping them is probably cheaper than the gas money to drive down and back these days. I have boxes if you need them...
Seems kinda rediculous to go through all the hassle of shipping, when we cross-breed w/ the Sac peeps so often.

Plus paying $ for gas to deliver them also buys me a trip to the Sac meet and karting or something.

If no one's going, or wants to go, then Ed may just have to wait till next weekend. I think Aaron's supposed to be coming up then, right?
Old 2004-10-27, 01:39 PM   #6
sti deede
EJ205

Car: '96 4runner
Class: none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Seems kinda rediculous to go through all the hassle of shipping, when we cross-breed w/ the Sac peeps so often.

Plus paying $ for gas to deliver them also buys me a trip to the Sac meet and karting or something.

If no one's going, or wants to go, then Ed may just have to wait till next weekend. I think Aaron's supposed to be coming up then, right?
I think that Aaron was going to come up in 2 weekends from now. After Matt gets back.
I'd be willing to tag along. I had fun last time I went down there.
sti deede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 01:53 PM   #7
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

You guys can come down and have a drinking party. Your party with the Irish Carbombs looked fun, but I'm not drinking that stuff, I enjoy not puking the next day
Old 2004-10-27, 02:13 PM   #8
sti deede
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
You guys can come down and have a drinking party. Your party with the Irish Carbombs looked fun, but I'm not drinking that stuff, I enjoy not puking the next day
Last friday was insane. I didn't even make it to the next day, I started to lose it at about 2 hours after I started (i think). The next day was freakin hell. 7 is way over my limit. This time around, I think I'll stick to hard alcohol.
Old 2004-10-27, 02:46 PM   #9
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti deede
Quote:
Last friday was insane. I didn't even make it to the next day, I started to lose it at about 2 hours after I started (i think). The next day was freakin hell. 7 is way over my limit. This time around, I think I'll stick to hard alcohol.
Shots are your friend. If she doesn't get home too late, Josey will probably be down to drink the night away with us. She's a bartender and a serious partier so it could be fun. If you guys want to come down, let me know who/how many so I can make sure it's cool with the housemates.
Old 2004-10-27, 02:51 PM   #10
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shots are your friend. If she doesn't get home too late, Josey will probably be down to drink the night away with us. She's a bartender and a serious partier so it could be fun. If you guys want to come down, let me know who/how many so I can make sure it's cool with the housemates.
We may have a plan in the works! Who's interested in going?
Old 2004-10-27, 02:52 PM   #11
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We may have a plan in the works! Who's interested in going?
Don't forget that Rally is on Sunday. If I get the ok, you guys should plan on coming down just before the meet to make sure we're all back from the drive we go on Saturday.

I stress though - if we're going to have people over for most of the weekend, I gotta clear it at home
Old 2004-10-27, 03:46 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Don't forget that Rally is on Sunday. If I get the ok, you guys should plan on coming down just before the meet to make sure we're all back from the drive we go on Saturday.

I stress though - if we're going to have people over for most of the weekend, I gotta clear it at home
That sounds like a pretty good timeline to me! Assuming Aaron, Scott, and the commander-in-chief clear it, count me in!

Also, if there's a minor party going on Saturday night, my sister and her boyfriend would probably be interested (they're Sac locals and good people). And chances are I can crash at my sister's place too, so you wouldn't need to put me up, and I won't have to fight off the catz0rs.
Old 2004-10-27, 07:28 PM   #13
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

I'm definitely in, provided I don't have to drive down. I can't afford it again during a single pay period. And if Scott and I will both be there, Matt, you better not have sucked down my Ketel 1 white russian fixins!
Old 2004-10-27, 08:18 PM   #14
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

Alright. I got the all clear from the commander, provided that the house gets cleaned up (I started calling her mom LOL), so I've got some chores for when A & S get home from Sac Raceway I've done my work. I'll let you guys know for sure tomorrow morning
Old 2004-10-27, 08:38 PM   #15
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Sweet

...I mean, Semi-Sweeet....
Old 2004-10-27, 09:23 PM   #16
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Jesus christ, I'll rearrange the game systems and scrub the toilets if it means we get company

I'm still planning on coming up the weekend after SEMA, so like the 13th, for fender rolling/wheel delievery, etc

It'd be cool if you guys come down, though.
I probably won't be doing the drive, as I want to put some miles on the car before pushing it again, so whenever you want to come down should be fine.
Old 2004-10-27, 10:43 PM   #17
sti deede
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybir
Jesus christ, I'll rearrange the game systems and scrub the toilets if it means we get company

I'm still planning on coming up the weekend after SEMA, so like the 13th, for fender rolling/wheel delievery, etc

It'd be cool if you guys come down, though.
I probably won't be doing the drive, as I want to put some miles on the car before pushing it again, so whenever you want to come down should be fine.
Sounds fun. I think their might be like 4 of us coming down then, as long as it is cool with everyone.
Old 2004-10-27, 11:01 PM   #18
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybir
Don;t forget, most of us will be at the SCCA awards dinner that night...Might put a little crimp in party plans... Just a thought.
Old 2004-10-28, 05:21 AM   #19
sybir
The Don

Car: '97 Legacy / '05 FXT
Class: low

Right you are, Ken.

Okay, the 20th
Old 2004-10-28, 06:04 AM   #20
Mr. Xevious
Bucket Racing Team

ahh fuck.. I think I am going to be out of town or something. I dont wanna hang out with you peoples
Mr. Xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 06:27 AM   #21
Nick Koan
JDM Cowboy

Car: 2015 Mazda 3

Hmm, I just realized that if I go, I can't stay around for the rally

Which means I gotta probably drive seperately.
Old 2004-10-28, 09:12 AM   #22
qksubi
Assault Mechanic

Car: 13 Sti Hatch Satin white
Class: TBSP/TT-2

Aim for the EYES!

Scott I am driving the truck to my parents house in folsom I can meet the guy some where going down sat afternoon
qksubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 09:23 AM   #23
MattR
El Matador

Car: 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Class: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qksubi
Scott I am driving the truck to my parents house in folsom I can meet the guy some where going down sat afternoon
Nice! Are you gonna race against the lightning while you're down there...
Old 2004-10-28, 09:23 AM   #24
sperry
The Doink

The way out is through

Quote:
Sweet! I'll keep that in mind in case we end up not going. But right now, it looks like I'll be at the Sac meet this Saturday, so I can probably haul them rims myself.
Old 2004-10-28, 09:50 AM   #25
sonicsuby
Wagon Ho #2

Quote:
Quote:
Sweet! I'll keep that in mind in case we end up not going. But right now, it looks like I'll be at the Sac meet this Saturday, so I can probably haul them rims myself.
Sweet! I'm not sure if we want to kart this weekend. We went there a few weeks ago and the people working there were total assholes. The kicked one of our guys off, which pissed us all off so we started just being terrors. Josh (kidatari) did the funniest thing ever.

On one lap he comes around and flies through the pit area. They don't even notice. The following lap, mid way, they kick off one of our guys (Mike). Mike walks off track and the employee drives the kart in to the pits. Josh comes around again and goes in to the pits, while doing so, he SPINS THE EMPLOYEE IN THE PITS. Funniest thing ever.